UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

I ordered warpath from hasbro toy store and got him in his red blue clothes on xforce black uniform card. Is this a variant?

It IS the variant, but he seems to have been given a second printing as he is currently very very abundant on eBay.

Yes, the red/blue suit is the variant, but all of their variants come on the cards of the orignal version. Sadly, the variant isn't nearly as hard to find as the original in this case.

There will be a Grey & Black version coming out in 3-pack with a G&B Wolverine & Deadpool. It might be worth waiting for that to come out if you're having trouble finding the Black & Silver one.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand it is that with the MU line recently, by the time the variants come out, they are considered a running change on the figure... making them easier to find than the older, "normal" variations. What really cracks me up about the ebay sellers is that they all hike up the prices and NEVER come down on them, even months later when the interest in the figure has fallen. Example: I see tons of the variant "classic" Havok on ebay, but they can all sit there unbought, FOREVER, if they think I'm going to pay that much for them. lol

Just got my hands on the Silver Samurai today.

Shame you have to buy a(nother) particularly bland and boring Wolverine figure to get him . . . but it was worth it. SS has some very ncie sculpted details on him & a bit of a dark wash to make the detail pop out a bit more.

Interesting note: Wolverines claws are seperated on this figure. I think this is the first MU Wolverine figure i've seen that didn't have claws that are joined right to the tip . . .

When the Marvel Universe line first launched, I was on the fence about collecting the line (ultimately decided not to) and picked up the only Human Torch "Flame-On" variant that I ever saw at retail. I never opened it, and I see that on eBay they are going for $25 - $40 loose, is it really that rare of a figure? I know the 'value' of these fluctuate frequently, but it seems like this figure has held a value? Does anyone have ideas of what I might be able to expect my MOC figure to sell for if I were to list it on eBay?

Just got my hands on the Silver Samurai today.

Shame you have to buy a(nother) particularly bland and boring Wolverine figure to get him . . . but it was worth it. SS has some very ncie sculpted details on him & a bit of a dark wash to make the detail pop out a bit more.

Interesting note: Wolverines claws are seperated on this figure. I think this is the first MU Wolverine figure i've seen that didn't have claws that are joined right to the tip . . .

What bugs me about Wolverine is that they didn't even use the comic he's from as the pack-in; the cover's from the old Buscema run, but the comic itself has Wolverine in his current costume, which I would have preferred, frankly.

But yeah, the Samurai's tremendous. I've always wanted a figure of him, and I was severely disappointed when he didn't win that Marvel Legends online poll a few years back. Here's hoping they fit him in to one of the new ML waves when they relaunch.

When the Marvel Universe line first launched, I was on the fence about collecting the line (ultimately decided not to) and picked up the only Human Torch "Flame-On" variant that I ever saw at retail. I never opened it, and I see that on eBay they are going for $25 - $40 loose, is it really that rare of a figure? I know the 'value' of these fluctuate frequently, but it seems like this figure has held a value? Does anyone have ideas of what I might be able to expect my MOC figure to sell for if I were to list it on eBay?

I was reading a post over on Marvelous News, that mentioned that the very figure you're talking about may be re-issued in an upcoming case assortment (like what they did with Bullseye). If that's true, the value will drop drastically. I would check that out to see if it's true, if you want to sell it. If enough people know about about it, it may already be hard to sell it for a decent price.

And although I'd love to see you make a profit, Youbastards...I've been happy that Hasbro has been re-releasing "hard to find figures" so that those of us who missed them have a chance at snagging them... well, as good of a chance as we usually do for this toy line. I consider all of the figures hard to find unless you pre-order online. :lol:

I've been happy that Hasbro has been re-releasing "hard to find figures" so that those of us who missed them have a chance at snagging them... well, as good of a chance as we usually do for this toy line. I consider all of the figures hard to find unless you pre-order online. :lol:

I think that's been a BIG plus for this line. I think they've been VERY good at recognizing which figures have been MIA and getting them back out there. Right now I'm a little freaked because I can't find the Taskmaster, but I'm confident that the pack will be shipped again down the road (I don't think Target has even gotten these in yet... which is par for the course for Target :rolleyes:). On the flip side, they've continued to ship more Iron Men, which is like shipping sand to the desert. :confused:

On the flip side, they've continued to ship more Iron Men, which is like shipping sand to the desert. :confused:

Well, I wouldn't mind if it meant I could get a Mandarin. Of course it astounds me that anybody thought that flooding the market with 20 Iron Men to 1 new character was a good idea... and finally there is a figure I want from that line and it's nowhere to be seen. What's worse is they haven't seemed to learn their lesson in the Thor or Cap lines either. Who wants to make a bet that by the time they decide to release Sif, the stores will look at all the unsold Thors and discontinue it?

Edited by Chazwinski

I'm not sure it will take until the Sif wave-I'll be surprised to see anywhere carry wave 2 of Thor. ANd I disagree with the Cap line. The first two waves gave us 6 non-Cap figures (if you include Bucky Cap in there). It doesn't look like they're going to continue that trend with the next few waves, but at least it was a better start. It's sad to say that when it comes to movie character selection, Mattel has Hasbro beat with their Green Lantern line. Of course, they make their figures like it's still 1986, but at least they have several different characters out on shelves.

a20791c1300099ddf39c01_m.JPG

'nuff said

I swear this said "Winter Coat" Captain America when I saw it peg warming in the store.

Where is "Hawaiian Shirt" Captain America?

You know, it was bad when pegwarmers were just taunting me, but my boys have ben collecting these 3.75" Marvels for a while now (oldest gets the comics stuff, youngest just the movie stuff) so when now this fellow right here is taunting them!

"Crap, Dad, we missed them again!"

"I understand completely son... but watch your language."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is SO hard to find figures in my area! One Target had put out one case of Wave 13? (The X-Men Wave that should have been out months ago), and all that was left was First Appearance Wolverine. I doubt if I'll even see another case there. I did FINALLY come across the Silver Samurai pack and bought him although I resented having to buy another Wolvie. At least he's in a new outfit, although one of his most boring ones. Silver Samurai looks good though. He is one BIG guy and very detailed:

post-2001-0-89257500-1310495537_thumb.jppost-2001-0-86996500-1310495523_thumb.jp

Oldest wants the DP v TM set. No luck finding them though. Wish I knew you were looking 4 that one, Chaz. It's been mocking us every where we've almost found Tasky for weeks now.

I still have yet to see the Taskmaster pack, but Silver Samurai is everywhere. I think they shipped at an 11:1 ratio. I guess they figured that Wolverine is so popular that he'll fly off the shelves, even if it is Wolverine in a nondescript blue jumpsuit. Samurai's awesome, at least.

Thanks for posting a picture of the Guardians set! I'd seen this mentioned, without a lineup, on Marvelous News, but it's thrilling to see we're going to be getting the modern guys (though I'd love the classics...). Rocket Raccoon! Yeah!

Dang - my LCS had 3 DP/TM packs. If i'd known they were gonna be so hard to find, i'd have snapped them all up.

I didn't even buy one for myself because i already had 'Pool from the XMOW line & i thought TM's Head looked a bit small.

Guess i should never underestimate the popularity of Deadpool, eh?

EDIT - It's a shame we aren't seeing any new characters in the upcoming X-Force boxset. We've already got a Grey/Black Wolverine & Warpath. Seems to me like it would have been the perfect time to slip in a Psylocke or Fantomex. I'm sure having Deadpool in it would have been enough to sell it while giving collectors a shot at a new character.

Edited by Nessex

Funny, I've been to several Target's and haven't seen that yet. In fact, I didn't even know it was coming out. You'd think they'd promote another artic Cap better than they have...

Yeah I know that cap is kind of funky but i want that Red skull :)

Funny, I've been to several Target's and haven't seen that yet. In fact, I didn't even know it was coming out. You'd think they'd promote another artic Cap better than they have...

Yeah I know that cap is kind of funky but i want that Red skull :)