UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw the X-Men box set at the Disney Store. Tons of them. And I've a feeling they'll be there for awhile, because the price tag... $50!

And here I thought they were overpriced at TRU....

Can i ask what a single carded figure MU retails for in the USA?

Here they are about $16-$18 a piece (so $50 doesn't sound so much to me), but i'd like to know what i can expect to pay when/if they ever come to Australia.

They are $7.99 in most places still. A few are above that, with the high being $9.99 at the Disney Store. So you're looking at almost twice as much down there, which seems a little crazy to me; after all, you're a lot closer to the factories then we are.

Ah - so $50 for a set of 6 figures that would normally be $8 each is a bit of a rip!

damn - i'm lucky to find them that price at clearance.

it seems crazy to ship them all the way to the States just to ship them back here again. It's clearly not a cheap way to get them to us.

Actually Target's the only place still at $7.99 sometimes TRU too. Walmart is $8.46 or $8.96 and KMart is $9. Then throw local tax on top of that.

Actually Target's the only place still at $7.99 sometimes TRU too. Walmart is $8.46 or $8.96 and KMart is $9. Then throw local tax on top of that.

Wal-Marts and TRUs in my area (Eastern PA) are still holding at the $7.99 price point, which is also where Cap and Thor figures are. I'm sure that will change in the near future, though. Anyway, it's still significantly less then poor Nessex has to pay.

I'll agree with you there. Actually my Walmart and TRU have fluctuated between 7.99 and 8.96. It's ridiculous because they never restock anyway. I just came back from a Target that had nothing but 5 AIM soldiers and 1 classic IM.

Here are the pics I took of the new Cyclops and Gladiator.

Even though the Jim Lee costume was never my favorite for Cyke, I have to say that this is the BEST Cyclops figure so far.

Gladiator is awesome. There were flaws in his paint job :angry: but the overall sculpt is great :thumbsup: .

post-2001-0-26370000-1306593305_thumb.jppost-2001-0-04870600-1306593347_thumb.jp

Yeah, that's a sharp looking Cyclops. Certainly about as good as you can make that costume look. :biggrin:

I picked up Gladiator and I second your claim of awesome. Hasbro's doing a GREAT job of pulling from all areas of the Marvel Universe for this toy line.

I couldn't believe how well sculpted Cyclops was with very clean paints. Too bad Mattel is still stuck in the 1980's with the DC line. I'd love to see the DCU done this well.

There is no excuse for Mattel not to make decent figures at this scale. I've checked out their DC Universe line and they look great. Their Infinite Heroes 3 3/4" line looked cheap to me. Even the new Green Lantern line is WAY sub-par to the MU line. It's shameful. As long as they continue to put out figures with poor sculpts and articulation, I won't buy them...and I just don't have the room for the Universe figures.

If they can get their act together and make 4 inch figures that are the quality of MU or their larger scale lines, then I have some business for them. I would be all over JLA, JSA, LSH, Titans, Batman ect. in this scale.

Come to think of it, My rant is almost identical to when DC quit on minimates and started trying to peddle those Blammoid (sp?) block-thing monstrosities to us. What's wrong with you DC?

LOL :lol:

Found wave 2 of the Cap wave and picked up USAgent and Crossbones. Almost bought the Red Skull too, but I was also buying three Klaw/Storm sets on clearance (I ALWAYS seem to need red body parts), so I didn't want to push it too much. Hope I don't come to regret that....

Very happy with USAgent, except for the shield. Why would you carry a shield like that, which isn't a solid shape or a flat surface? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of carrying a shield if bullets can slip through the cracks, or ricochet off the uneven parts? Sigh. But I always liked that costume, so I'm glad to get him.

Crossbones is just great, though the package claims his weapons are attachable, and I'll be damned if I can see where they attach. But he's pretty much a perfect figure, and shows how Hasbro has mastered this scale.

I found the Cable, Cyclops, Gladiator & A-Poc all at my LCS this week.

This NEVER happens here. I usually have to import them myself via eBay or some such. I was so stoked! They had a few others too like SpiderWoman, SpiderMan 2099 & Wolverine FA. I may go back for 2099, but Logan FA can rot!

I'm in such a freaking good mood now :biggrin:

I traded someone a silver/grey Warpath for a Cyclops, but that was before I realized what those go for on eBay.:confused:

Usually I try to be better informed in what something is worth, but figured he wouldn't be worth much since he'll be in one of the three packs soon.AT least I got to help someone out.

i think that for some insane reason the Cables are packed 1-per-case, while we get multiple Gladiators. I love Gladi & i'm GLAD we got him (see what i did there?), but surely Cable would sell better and be a better pick for the 2 or 3-per-case character?

Yeah, especially when you consider he's packed two different ways which means many MOC collectors want two of him. And I wouldn't even question the extra Gladiator as much as I would FA Wolverine.

Of Course!!!! What was i thinking?!?!

That was the only figure at my LCS that no-one had taken ANY of. (it made me feela little bit smug inside to see this :tongue: )

I don't think I've ever heard of those waves hitting retail stores. BBTS frequently has the last three available as a set for $50 with another figure, but I don't think they're making it to shelves, which is a shame because they're some of the best figures of the whole line.

If anyone in the U.S. ever finds Taskmaster/Deadpool, Wolverine/Silver Samurai, Constrictor, Iron Man 2020, Thanos, or any combination of the above, please pick them up for me, and I will gladly buy them from you, if you don't mind waiting until next month for me to buy them.

I ordered warpath from hasbro toy store and got him in his red blue clothes on xforce black uniform card. Is this a variant?

Yes, the red/blue suit is the variant, but all of their variants come on the cards of the orignal version. Sadly, the variant isn't nearly as hard to find as the original in this case.