Thanos

classic Havok variant

Want:

SDCC Thor

Skrull Variant

what's the skrull variant?

Its kind of lame actually, the stand has the name written in "skrull" language

that's super lame

So I had today off and took my two youngest kids on a toy run to give my wife a break. I decided I'd go to a TRU farther away from my house than the normal ones I frequent in hopes they'd stocked new Minimates. Well, they didn't but I found where they had just put out a fresh case of the Thanos wave of MU and can finally say I am now up to date with this line. When I saw they had the three figures I still needed it felt better than Christmas.

And yes, I feel like such a dork saying that.

Yeah the Thanos wave is flooded everywhere now. I picked up 3 of him I think. Crazy.

I still feel Yellow Jacket is the best of that wave.

Edited by Webhead

• 1 month later...

This week I got both the newest IM wave (with the Hammer Drone and concept IMs) and the wave with Whiplash, comic War Machine atc. Out of all 15 new figures I got, the best had to be this:

100_1175.jpg

I have no idea why one the best characters in the line was one per case in a case that won't hit most US cities (if any at all actually).

And I'll also say I'm surprised that DST hasn't given us a sub-line of Marvel Concept figures.

Edited by groundhog7s

I picked up a Ghost Rider (this was the first time I'd seen one in the wild) and a new variant of Ms. Marvel (Moonstone) at Target today. There was also a variant of Warpath. I didn't get the Warpath because I prefer the black and silver outfit and with Thunderbird coming out soon, I know someone will snatch him up who appreciates him more than me.

I'm not that interested in the Dark Avengers, and I love my Carol Danvers version, but this variant of Karla Sofen does look great and luckily had a good paint job. Here's a pic:

post-2001-1298767446_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

The local stores around me have stopped carrying any MU products so I'm forced to go out of town a bit. I did however find the new Thor Frost Giant regular and deluxe versions last night and am very impressed. They make me anxious for the Giant Battles Frost Giant that should be out soon.

I was on a late night trip to Wal Mart and saw the new Thor figures so I bought a few and here are some pictures. Sorry about the picture quality they were taken with my phone. I passed on the Thor with light up hammer and the Frost Giant. The case pack out is 3 each of the different versions of Thor and one each of Loki, Odin, Frost Giant.

Loki

post-955-1298967426_thumb.jpg

Odin

post-955-1298967542_thumb.jpg

Battle Hammer Thor

post-955-1298967617_thumb.jpg

Sword Spike Thor

post-955-1298967738_thumb.jpg

The 2 Thors

post-955-1298967809_thumb.jpg

MU Thor and movie Thor

post-955-1298967930_thumb.jpg