UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually had to wait almost two months for them to ship four minimates :(, i just eventually contacted them, and they sent me an extra free minimate with my order

But their prices are too good for me to not buy from them :)

Edited by the punisher=D

I actually had to wait almost two months for them to ship four minimates :(, i just eventually contacted them, and they sent me an extra free minimate with my order

But their prices are too good for me to not buy from them :)

The one time I ordered from them I ordered on Thursday and had them in hand by the following thursday.

I previously had an issue myself, where they weren't on the ball, and I had to contact them after a couple weeks to get some stuff, but it did get to me eventually.

I just ordered a cheap Joe 5 pack from them a couple days ago, so I'm hoping they are a little quicker on the ball this time. You can't beat their prices.

I don't see how Boba Fett possibly beat Iron Man. He is less maneuverable, he has far less armor and fire power, no automated targeting system, plus, according the "prequel trilogy," he is a stupid clone or something. No chance.

By the way, I'm just noticing your Kool-Aid man avatar and description groundhog :D Macho Man would be proud.

Edited by karamazov80

It took you almost all week to notice. You don't really pay attention to me, do you?

:D

Apologies! I really just don't pay any attention to avatars and things. . .unless they involve a monkey with guns or something.

Fett could wipe the floor with IM hands down. 2 words: Ion blaster. Just hit him a few times and-- whoops! There goes Jarvis.

Fett's got better maneuverability, are superior fire power, a better targeting system, and much more advanced tech. Stark has better armor and sustainable flight. And enhanced strength. Unless they're going hand to hand, or an out and out speed race, I doubt Stark could pull it off. He could just fly away though.

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic. On of the really good things about this line is all of the other 3.75 inch figures that have come before it and the vast opportunities that are available to customize these figures. I don't really care if the 6 inch Legends come back, the quality has been way off since Hasbro took over the line anyway. My only grape is the price. It's too much for one figure of this size and the limited number of accessories that come with it.

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic. On of the really good things about this line is all of the other 3.75 inch figures that have come before it and the vast opportunities that are available to customize these figures. I don't really care if the 6 inch Legends come back, the quality has been way off since Hasbro took over the line anyway. My only grape is the price. It's too much for one figure of this size and the limited number of accessories that come with it.

I'm hoping the comic packs will be around $13-14 (maybe just a tad bit more than the Joe comic packs), which would make the price much easier to swallow.

Regarding the customization, I actually wish they used screws in their backs like the old GI Joes. I'm guessing that, similar to the 25th Joes, you have to pry open their backs with a screw driver, and re-glue them together to get their torso/arms/crotch apart. To me, that is a pain, and it is really easy to scratch the heck out of their backs before getting them to come apart (at least, that was my experience with the Joes). Am I wrong? Is there an easier way to get them apart? Hasbro actually released a tutorial on how to take 25th Joes apart, and it is floating around on the interwebs. . .somewhere.

I'm hoping the comic packs will be around $13-14 (maybe just a tad bit more than the Joe comic packs), which would make the price much easier to swallow.

Regarding the customization, I actually wish they used screws in their backs like the old GI Joes. I'm guessing that, similar to the 25th Joes, you have to pry open their backs with a screw driver, and re-glue them together to get their torso/arms/crotch apart. To me, that is a pain, and it is really easy to scratch the heck out of their backs before getting them to come apart (at least, that was my experience with the Joes). Am I wrong? Is there an easier way to get them apart? Hasbro actually released a tutorial on how to take 25th Joes apart, and it is floating around on the interwebs. . .somewhere.

I agree with you on the comic packs. I was mostly referring to the ease of popping off the heads and hands of the figures but as far as getting them apart have you tried boiling them to melt the glue holding them together. I will have to attempt to find this phantom tutorial you speak of.

I'm hoping the comic packs will be in the $12 range like Star Wars. There shouldn't be that much more involved than those.

And since you've got some basic bodies available already, head swapping should be enough to do most customizing. Hasn't somebody mentioned somewhere (maybe not here) about putting the Resolute Duke head on Captain America for a Steve Rogers version?

Yes, fly away, target Fett from a distance and then blow him away.

Or just bump him off into a pit, where he'll scream like a school girl. Either way would work.

Sokay, Fett could just distract him with booze. ;)

I do not like the new 25th Joes. The RAH era Joes were SO much easier to customize. I wish they'd continued with that. :(

I used to respect you, but now I don't know what to think. I personally wish Hasbro had bought up all old school Joes and melted them down to make the new sculpts. Newer is always better. Anything old needs to be either thrown out or replaced with something better. Old toy sculpts, old underwear, grandparents, everything. Except me.

I got the Deadpool tonight at Wal-Mart. He might be half-way decent, except that his web-gear sucks big time. The sword sheaths are way too high up on his back, and look really strange. What's worse is, there doesn't seem to be anywhere that you can disconnect it to take it off of him, so I can't take it off to see if he looks better without it.

I cut mine off using an exacto knife. I kept his belt but lost the webbing. He looks 100% better.

I cut mine off using an exacto knife. I kept his belt but lost the webbing. He looks 100% better.

I decided that this stupid looking toy had no place in my collection as he was, so I took Steel's advice, but with one extra change, and got this:

I think he looks much better now.

post-1827-1238246575_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1238246600_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1238246681_thumb.jpg

Last night I picked up the comic accurate Sabertooth and he's got to be one of the best figures they've put out so far. Too bad he comes with a lame version of Wolverine.

I saw him, and wanted to pick him up, but couldn't swing the $20. I hope they do a "first appearance" version at some point.

Is the motorcycle useful for anything GH? Maybe for a Dreadnok or something?