UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have returned from a successful hunt. Got Hulk, Iron Man, Spidey, Ronin, Black Panther, and Green goblin for 7.99 each. :D Worth it!!! Might open them later, I'll have to think about it. The package is just so damn nice.

Also found a Soundwave Mugg, finally.

They do seem to be showing up everywhere now. Oddly, they're most expensive at Wal-Mart. huh

So any way, I saw the Hulk (green and grey) for the first time... that is one frakkin' heavy 3-3/4" figure!

Had trouble finding this thread, if a mod reads this, this thread should probably be moved to "other toys and collectibles"

Anyway, saw my first one of these in the store at TRU today, and there was only one in stock--Spidey. Fortunately for me, he is probably the only one from wave 1 that I wanted anyway, so I bought him.

Not overly impressed. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as he is precisely what he is supposed to be--a 3 3/4" Spidey--but for whatever reason, he doesn't seem like an $8 figure at all. I don't think that I will be getting many more of these unless they either get cheaper (highly unlikely), or unless the comic packs end up being $10-12, making the price per figure a little more palatable. Would still like a brown Wolvie and Captain America at some point (maybe the Firestar and Iceman pack), but not really concerned with much of the other stuff out there.

I did see some of the Wolverine ones, but almost exclusively "Logan" variations (they are almost as bad as the Minimates coming out with all those Logans).

However, at TRU, the Logan on motorcycle comes with a really great looking Sabretooth. If they sold him by himself, I might be convinced to pick him up. He looks like he comes from a completely separate line from the Spidey I got (which, technically, he does. . .but you know what I mean).

Yeah, they had around 4 of them, but they were $20, so I couldn't swing it. I had spent way too much on DC figures today. They also had loads of Minimates still there.

Edited by karamazov80

Marvelous News revealed the results of the 3 3/4" poll.

NO-ONE i voted for got in, but i'm still pretty happy with 4 of the choices made. I'm looking forward to seeing what the prototypes look like.

Hasbro has posted the results for their 3 3/4" Marvel Universe Fan's Choice poll which they they ran on their website last month. Here is a list of the Top 5 characters that recieved the most votes and will be made into upcoming 3 3/4" Marvel Universe action figures by Hasbro:

#1 – Archangel

#2 – Winter Soldier

#3 – Havok

#4 – Mystique

#5 – Mary Jane Watson

Hasbro says because the response was so good for this poll, they plan to do a Top 7 poll in 2010 to help celebrate Marvel's 70th Year Anniversary.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12071

PS: Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong thread . . . feel free to relocate it if applicable.

The poll is a nice idea, but I think the voters missed an opportunity to get some great, obscure characters that Marvel would probably never otherwise release, instead of Archangel, Winter Soldier, and Havok, key characters who probably would have been released anyway.

Did anyone else notice you could vote more than once? I never saw anyone else mention it, but you could vote everyday.

I'm kind of saddened by the results. I like X-characters, but I'm not sure why some of them had to be choices and not just made on their own. The poll should have been just for the more obscure characters who'd never have a chance. Of course, I am glad that the Amazing Baghead didn't make it.

Also, has anyone seen this hi-res picture of Ms. Marvel variant yet? Is it just me or does something just look odd about the sculpt?

Edited by groundhog7s

Did anyone else notice you could vote more than once? I never saw anyone else mention it, but you could vote everyday.

I'm kind of saddened by the results. I like X-characters, but I'm not sure why some of them had to be choices and not just made on their own. The poll should have been just for the more obscure characters who'd never have a chance. Of course, I am glad that the Amazing Baghead didn't make it.

Also, has anyone seen this hi-res picture of Ms. Marvel variant yet? Is it just me or does something just look odd about the sculpt?

She looks like Kitty Foreman (That 70's show) with huge cans.

well - i voted for more obscure X-Character: Lilandra, The Stepford Cuckoos; Hellfire Club Soldiers; Multiple Man & Magik in the hopes of getting more women & army builders, but alas - not enough people shared my enthusiasm for chicks & armies.

It's be cool to know the complete poll results & see how every option ranked.

aaannnnnddd....I'm hooked.

I already had a ton of the little SW guys, so it's not that bad of a jump. lol these hit on a non-rent paycheck so I have: Spiderman, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Green Hulk, Iron Man, Stealth Iron man, X-force wolvy, Black panther and Johnny Storm. No villans yet, those puppies must've flown off the shelves.

Edited by 616commando

I got the Captain America today. My only complaint is that his head is a tad too small. Although if you pop the head off of Resolute Duke you have Steve Rogers figure. So I have Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther, Deadpool, and wife beater Logan.

I got the Deadpool tonight at Wal-Mart. He might be half-way decent, except that his web-gear sucks big time. The sword sheaths are way too high up on his back, and look really strange. What's worse is, there doesn't seem to be anywhere that you can disconnect it to take it off of him, so I can't take it off to see if he looks better without it.

Edited by karamazov80

Got Deadpool at target, and two Ironmans from openedfigs.com within the past two days. Both are great figures. Deadpool needs some drastic changes, but Ironman is perfect.

I also ordered SHS Spidey and Doc Doom, hopefully they DONT spontaneously fall apart :)

Plus i have a big box of gundams to customize into ironman villains.

Man, these things rock!

Edited by the punisher=D