UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, hopefully these will be of a little higher quality than the "Superhero Showdown" figures. . .are they being made by Hasbro? They look like they are using the 25th GI Joe body types, which would be a very good thing.

Edited by karamazov80

So, hopefully these will be of a little higher quality than the "Superhero Showdown" figures. . .are they being made by Hasbro? They look like they are using the 25th GI Joe body types, which would be a very good thing.

SHSD didn't look that bad in box. But that's the only place I've seen them.

And that's the ONLY place they look good. Seriously, as soon as you take 'em out (if you can even manage that) they fall apart like Scarlet Witch without an undead robot to love.

Edited by Alpheon

Ummm...these look good but not even one female Hero represented?? Or are they saving that for later?

the list calls for ms marvel and a repaint? called classic ms marvel not too mention 31 some other figs

oh yes my bank account has this to say OUCH!!!!!!

Edited by BannersID

And that's the ONLY place they look good. Seriously, as soon as you take 'em out (if you can even manage that) they fall apart like Scarlet Witch without an undead robot to love.

what?! i have every SHS figure plus some customs and haven't had any "fall apart" or break at all, they have ball joints like minimates so they snap back together if you want to take pieces off, i really like the SHS figs the original price point was too high but when they went on sale(which is when i scored 90% of mine) they were great, ill have to post some pics -M

That's not my experience at all. I bought Spidey, Iron Man, Colossus, and Magneto to go with my 25th Joes late last year, and the only one whose arms would really stay on following any real attempt at posing was Colossus, and I couldn't keep the arms on my black Spidey even with his arms in their default position. Plus, they just felt really cheap. Maybe I got a bad bunch, but I got rid of those and have stayed far away ever since.

That's not my experience at all. I bought Spidey, Iron Man, Colossus, and Magneto to go with my 25th Joes late last year, and the only one whose arms would really stay on following any real attempt at posing was Colossus, and I couldn't keep the arms on my black Spidey even with his arms in their default position. Plus, they just felt really cheap. Maybe I got a bad bunch, but I got rid of those and have stayed far away ever since.

Huh? not doubting you at all, i guess i've been real lucky, mind you i dont "play" with them per se but i have posed them repeatedly with zero problems. i can see that they are not made of the same plastic as say gi joes,and could be a bit fragile, but i thought they were cool being the scale they were after i burned out on marvel legends.

I recently got into Legends Showdown and have found the quality to be a bit up and down. The Paint on Cyclops still seemed to be wet and the arms on my Symbiote Spidey do tend to come off quite easily. But on the whole I'm really pleased with them. They're really nice figures. Thor is superb.

WoW! Just clicked on the link, those little guys look awesome!

these are going to be the death of my wallet. As i am a kid of the 80's these speak to me. On a GI Joe Level.

I always wanted in scale Marvel and Joe. If they make a beast and a vision it will literally be a dream come true.

I have over 100 different Marvel Legends, and I had them in dry storage until now. I am contemplating putting them all for sale (at my wife's garage sale) to start a 3 3/4 inch fund.

hell if these are half as executed as well as the show presented them, they may spell the end for my minimate addiction

these are going to be the death of my wallet. As i am a kid of the 80's these speak to me. On a GI Joe Level.

I always wanted in scale Marvel and Joe. If they make a beast and a vision it will literally be a dream come true.

I have over 100 different Marvel Legends, and I had them in dry storage until now. I am contemplating putting them all for sale (at my wife's garage sale) to start a 3 3/4 inch fund.

hell if these are half as executed as well as the show presented them, they may spell the end for my minimate addiction

Dude, don't sell those at yard sale. Some of those go for big money on eBay. At the very least, use it as trade fodder so that you can get some of the new figures (or Minimates, of course :) ).

Dude, don't sell those at yard sale. Some of those go for big money on eBay. At the very least, use it as trade fodder so that you can get some of the new figures (or Minimates, of course :) ).

problem with that is # 1 I HATE ebay and #2 all of them are opened (mint but still opened)

problem with that is # 1 I HATE ebay and #2 all of them are opened (mint but still opened)

The eBay thing I get, but loose ones still can go for a bit. You won't get this much at a yard sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/loose-Marvel-Legends-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

If nothing else, you might consider selling them through online forums. I don't know how well they would sell here, but on the Transformers boards, for instance (where people with too much money and too many toys hang out), you can probably get nearly what you would get on eBay. Anyway, just a suggestion. Would seem a shame for you to get 50 cents to a dollar for figures that you could basically use to fund your entire 3 3/4 inch needs with. . .

The eBay thing I get, but loose ones still can go for a bit. You won't get this much at a yard sale:

If nothing else, you might consider selling them through online forums. I don't know how well they would sell here, but on the Transformers boards, for instance (where people with too much money and too many toys hang out), you can probably get nearly what you would get on eBay. Anyway, just a suggestion. Would seem a shame for you to get 50 cents to a dollar for figures that you could basically use to fund your entire 3 3/4 inch needs with. . .

sounds like i need to hire you to sell these for me :) I do appreciate the feedback, and you are probably right about what i should do. thanks .

for some reason I am just really negative right now....dont have a good reason, just getting the feeling i have wasted alot of money on this stuff for a long time. ... and maybe getting rid of all of it would be cathartic.

sounds like i need to hire you to sell these for me :) I do appreciate the feedback, and you are probably right about what i should do. thanks .

for some reason I am just really negative right now....dont have a good reason, just getting the feeling i have wasted alot of money on this stuff for a long time. ... and maybe getting rid of all of it would be cathartic.

i'd be happy to take a few MLs off of your hands... ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, for anyone that's got them (or is even reading this thread), is anyone planning on keeping their Superhero Showdown figures when these come out? I've just bought a complete set and am torn if I want to keep them or just get the newer ones. My big concern is if they'll look compatible or not.

Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

There's no way I'd part with my SHS collection. Some of the early figures were flawed but Thor, Silver Surfer, and Thing are almost definitive Marvel action figures. I'd go as far as to say that despite the scale they're superior to their Marvel Legends counterparts.

The sad thing is, I have neither the space, nor the cash to spend out on the new range. I think they look great, but in my opinion at $11.00 a pop, which over in the UK would translate to around £8-£9 they're overpriced.

The sad thing is, I have neither the space, nor the cash to spend out on the new range. I think they look great, but in my opinion at $11.00 a pop, which over in the UK would translate to around £8-£9 they're overpriced.

That price. . .is ridiculous. I would probably pay upwards of $8 each (around the price of the new GI Joes), but not that, for a 3 3/4" figure. Stupid, Hasbro. Real, real stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

These have already been released in Singapore. Believe it or not I could not wait and I bought a Daredevil off ebay from someone in Singapore. The total with shipping was $30.01. I now have the man without fear in my possession. I must say, I was excited to get this figure but sadly this figure is a dud. The articulation is good but the side view is terrible as DD's head and neck stick out too far from the body. Also, the head is oversized. The plastic is cheap and the right hand is much smaller in scale than the right hand.

These have already been released in Singapore. Believe it or not I could not wait and I bought a Daredevil off ebay from someone in Singapore. The total with shipping was $30.01. I now have the man without fear in my possession. I must say, I was excited to get this figure but sadly this figure is a dud. The articulation is good but the side view is terrible as DD's head and neck stick out too far from the body. Also, the head is oversized. The plastic is cheap and the right hand is much smaller in scale than the right hand.

Steel any chance of some pics compared to Star Wars figures or say GI Joe 25th?