UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just found the newest wave at TRU yesterday. Picked up Abomination and Iron Man; no Cloak, but I snagged the last one from Amazon. I will be really disappointed if I can't find Dagger.

Abomination's pretty nice. I notice, though, that he's not wearing any trunks. Which means he's nude. Which means his... which means he doesn't have... pinch.gif . No wonder he's always in a bad mood.

Marvelous News has it listed as "Zero Gravity Space Armor" Iron Man.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=16527

It's from Fraction's run on Iron Man, starting in issue 518.

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/40227/invincible_iron_man_2008_518

I'm planning on trying to turn an AoU Iron Man mate into this version, which shouldn't be too hard.

Also, I'm trying to find the silver shield Captain America if anyone comes across it at TRU. He's technically from series 1 of the 2013 waves, but he's being packed in all cases from series 1-3. Thanks.

Edited by SuperChefMate

• 1 month later...

Just got Black Knight, Aurora, and the Red Skull (from the Avengers rebranding) from Hasbro Toy Shop. Nice figures all around. Red Skull is really cool; I was on the fence about him, since I have the movie Cap one, but I love the way they did him. Head looks great, and he's got a removable hat and overcoat. Aurora is a really sweet little figure, with a beautiful face. And Black Knight, well, I've wanted a figure of him IN THIS COSTUME (damn Marvel Legends figure!) forever.

• 1 month later...

So - along with this line ending, it seems that the last of the 3-packs are being cancelled.

Linkage

It's a crying shame, as the Executioner & Valkyrie figures looked pretty darn good.

I can understand them dropping the Uncanny X-Men pack, as none of those characters wear those costumes anymore.... but i still really wanted all of them :(

• 2 months later...

Damn, it's been awhile since we updated this thread!

Anyway, looks like the rebranded line has kicked off. Fwoosh had a big writeup of the Wasp (which sounds like will be a pain in the butt to get); after that, I went to Amazon and found that Hyperion was ready to ship. As was Grim Reaper, but I held off because he was a couple bucks more. I'm sure, when there are a dozen Hyperions being clearanced at every store in America this fall, I will regret that. But he's hopefully the beginning of the Squadron Supreme!

They have most on WBCollect.com for free shipping (loose)

I saw Wasp at my local comic shop but they wanted $29.99

When I can find them for retail, I'm only going to get Hulk & Iron Man.

Edited by cidman911

• 3 weeks later...

I could possibly see the other 3-pack being released eventually as part of the Avengers line, but the X-Men pack seems like more of a tough sell. None of the characters are sporting those looks anymore, and Hasbro just seems unwilling to do much of anything X-Men related currently. It would be great if they could find a slot for them though

Hasbro has cancelled more figures that they have shown prototypes for than any other toy company ever. It's ridiculous. There must be 30 ML/MU figures we never got since they took over the license.

Edited by minijames

Well, it looks like at least some of those cancelled figures will be in Wave 3:

1x AVN ARES
1x AVN DEATHLOK
1x AVN CYCLOPS
1x AVN ANT MAN
1x AVN VALKYRIE
1x AVN OMEGA RED

Dunno what Cyclops will be, but I think the AvX costume is a safe bet. These are currently up for preorder at BBTS for $60 + $9 shipping, which is a great price for five new figures and one hard to find rerelease (for comparison, they have a set of 7 from wave 2, including only three new figures, for $100).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bit of a thread necro.

I recently decided to open all of my Avengers Infinite figures and I was wondering if anybody could recommend me some good stands? I would prefer clear stands which I have seen in multiple pictures of displays but nobody has ever been able to say where they come from other than "I got them years ago" or something similar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...