UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

Dear Hasbro,

Please dont tease me by putting images of Whirlwind and Goliath on you're products if you don't intend to release them very, very soon. Otherwise you're just being cruel.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. In fact, the first time I saw the box image my first thought was a Gloiath/Whirlwind Gigantic Battles set. I'm afraid we'll never see either of those things happen though.

I was hoping the same thing, gh, maybe it'll be a set for another con

Considering how the sets never stayed long on shelves around here, I'm really puzzled as to why the GB sets didn't return this year. I guess it's just one more sign that Hasbro really missed the mark this year with their releases. Glad that GI Joe movie line worked out for them...

I dont know if it's hasbro missing the mark, or just not caring, or potential things for the future.

They've got avengers and spider-man this year. Those are huge, bigger than any other summer super hero movies they've had before.

I think maybe it's good they're going a bit light on MU this year, because retailers probably wouldn't want to carry it. I think Hasbro will step it up more next year.

As for the SDCC helicarrier being a foot longer, well, then that makes sense as to why the box is so HUGE. Still looking at pictures, it never impressed me much. It just looks like one giant stand with rocket launchers.

Oh hell yea, Jim Lee Rogue.

It's nice to see proff X fit in his chair too.

I am surprised Dr.Strange is not in his red and black costume.

She-Hulk looks nice in purple.....and another brown wolverine

2 rhino figures?! What the hell is this?! Different molds too. That's....kind of amazing really.

• 3 weeks later...

BBTS got in their shipment of the Kraven/Beast wave, but their pre-orders are sold out. Hopefully these will hit shelves soon also. It's about time Hasbro got some new stuff out. I'd never have guessed wave one of 2012 wouldn't be on shelves until August.

edit: I'm also seeing the wave of Jubilee/Professor X/Blaastar on ebay also, so it looks like Hasbro is trying to catch up.

Edited by groundhog7s

I really feel like hasbro knew there would be carry over from thor and CA, and of course the avengers and spider-man would be big lines too.

I think delaying it was a good idea, rather than it not being picked up and having poor distribution.

I wonder if it wasn't retailers that caused the holdup. There's a LOT of 3.75 Marvel stuff still on shelves from the past few movies. Everywhere I go seems to not have a lot of Avengers stuff, but leftover Thor, Cap, and Iron Man. I would not be surprised if they held things up in order to try and clear some of that stuff out.

Kraven is very sturdy, and his vest is spectacular. His eye make-up is a little perplexing but I don't think it detracts that much from the look of the figure. No one's going to find him girly, I assure you. He's almost as big as Gladiator. Even if you don't like Beast's cat form, he is an incredibly detailed figure. Even his feet are articulated. My only little gripe is that my Beast has an incredibly loose mid-torso that likes to spin out of position. Hopefully, it's only a problem with mine, but I still love both of these.

Ohh, can't wait to start finding these again. I've really taken a shine to this line, even beyond Marvel Legends, which is odd for me in that I prefer the larger scale. But these are just splendid figures by and large, and I love how deep and varied Hasbro's gone into the Marvel Universe. Getting the Masters of Evil set just whetted my appetite for more.

Picked up the Dr. Doom and Spidey FF set at work the other day. It's fantastic; the Spider-man is amazing i love that he uses the bigger buck, and Doom in all white is very striking. Great to have a complete FF, too; looking forward to non-stealth Spidey as a single later.

Definitely grab this one.