UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

I saw a Jim Lee cyclops for the first time, but I don't know if it's a new figure or just finally old enough to be on the peg before scalpers and employees have their go.

That one is actually fairly recent. Jean grey & Sunfire however are actually from 2009. Both were troublesome to find. I never saw either of them in Australian toy stores and ended up paying too much for them on eBay.

Hasbro DOES have a habit of re-releasing previously hard to find figures, so it's possible that the Jean Greys & Sunfires you are seeing are actually re-releases being distributed with the current wave.

Each Wave (usually) has about 5 or 6 characters in it - but each case seems to be made up of the new wave (including whatever variants are on offer) and then gets filled out with older re-releases.

EG: Series 2 consists of FA Wolverine, Jim Lee cyclops, Cable, Apocalypse & Gladiator. But the case of 12 figures contains 2 x Apocalypse, 2 x FA Wolverine, 2 x Gladiator, 1 x Cyclops, 1 x Cable, 1 x World War Hulk,1 x Modular Armor Iron Man, 1 x Spider-Man 2099 & 1 x Spider-Woman!

HAS19896.jpg

EDIT: Although - I haven't actually seen any cases that have re-releases of Jean Grey & Sunfire, they seemed pretty rare at the time and now seem to have come down a lot in price on eBay. My guess is that they either a) have been re-released with newer assortments, or B) there were distribution issues when they were first released and are only now making it to shelves in the numbers they originally should have... ?

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SINISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop:

EDIT: Magneto looks like a repaint of the Secret Wars one using the Ultimate colour scheme?

Psylocke :wub:

AXM Beast looks pretty damn good too. Hasbro are finally turning me around on them as a toy company.

Lets hope their Marvel Legends live up to the MU lines standards. I really want a good Hope Summers figure.

EDIT 2: Sinister looks to be a repainted colossus . . . bummer <_< makes him a bit too chunky...

Edited by Nessex

That Gambit/Sinister pack looks great, but it's a shame it'll probably be one per case mixed in with more Secret Wars stuff. Speaking of which, I love how they have the Doc Doom/Absorbing Man pack on display at the same time they're showing the single carded versions they're going to release. Thanks for rubbing it in our faces, Hasbro, that you can package things however you want and then get people to buy the same thing later only as a better version.

2012 wv 2 and 3 announced (only 2 shown)!

Punisher is my most anticipated for obvious reasons. Kang's got some awesoe articulation, I'm really glad the added artic is going to be the norm now. Also I will be buying a bunch of those she-hulks for customs!

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2011_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_Universe_2&dispsize=600&start=0

That Scarlet Witch is Beeeee-autiful!

EDIT: I love that they've got designs for Angel, Jubilee & Puck up too. This line is really picking up in the last couple of years :)

Edited by Nessex

EDIT: I love that they've got designs for Angel, Jubilee & Puck up too. This line is really picking up in the last couple of years :)

Um, hasn't it only been out for a couple of years? :whistling:

And it was also stated in the panel that retail might see some of the Sentinels in con colors. That's be nice and hopefully that means they heard everyone griping.

Um, hasn't it only been out for a couple of years? :whistling:

And it was also stated in the panel that retail might see some of the Sentinels in con colors. That's be nice and hopefully that means they heard everyone griping.

You're right. When they first released the line, we went a whole year without the appearance of any X-Characters (With the exception of that Grey&Black Wolverine) & very few villains. I was actually really disappointed with the line to start out with.

But this line has REALLY turned me around in the last few waves.

Good to hear that Sentinel might hake it to retail. My LCS ended up with both Galacti (What's the plural of Galactus?), so i was thinking we might see the con Sentinel too. still not sure i'll buy it though.

EDIT: Shame they can't do something a bit more like what MVC3 Minimates has done for Storm. The single-packed version has the arm articulation that the GSXM box-set is missing, but the cape is all wrong.

Edited by Nessex

I just keep loving this line more and more. And even though I've got the BAF Foom, that orange one looks amazing (especially since he has pants on).

I dont see FOOM :sad: neither do i see jubilee, puck and angel

I think Angel is actually Nighthawk, which would make me super happy. If only Minimates would embrace the depth of the Marvel Universe the way this line has....

I just keep loving this line more and more. And even though I've got the BAF Foom, that orange one looks amazing (especially since he has pants on).

I dont see FOOM :sad: neither do i see jubilee, puck and angel

I think Angel is actually Nighthawk, which would make me super happy. If only Minimates would embrace the depth of the Marvel Universe the way this line has....

Angel is there, too, though.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2011_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FHasbro_Panel%2F&pic=IMG_5736.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Beautiful sculpt; not sure if i want him to be blue or red.