UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one i ordered in the mail today. Really not impressed. I really like the face sculpt, but I ruined it by trying to take a little off his nose with an exacto knife. :( His movement is hindered by the skirt, and even slicing the sides doesn't help. Also, he's got no ankle artic. I'm currently turning him into Strucker, and I swapped some cobra commander legs to add height and articulation

Does anyone here know if the 16" Sentinel that is being sold @ SDCC will make it's way to mainstream retail?

I've seen the darker coloured version with wolverine pack-in, but i really want a classic colours sentinel for my figures to battle.

If they'll give him a regular release like they did with Galactus, then i'll buy him when he hits Australia... as i'd rather not have to pay the postage from the US.

I passed up a Red Skull single pack at the Disney Store yesterday. First I've seen of him, but I didn't know if people were looking for him.

He and Crossbones were both one per case, and seem to be much harder to find. I bought Crossbones the first time I saw the full wave, but passed on the Skull in favor of US Agent. Hadn't seen either at retail since until coming across them at the Disney Store myself yesterday. He's okay, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy him (I'd bought three packs of Minimates that day :biggrin: ). FYI, there's another version on the way:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=14216

Does anyone here know if the 16" Sentinel that is being sold @ SDCC will make it's way to mainstream retail?

I've seen the darker coloured version with wolverine pack-in, but i really want a classic colours sentinel for my figures to battle.

If they'll give him a regular release like they did with Galactus, then i'll buy him when he hits Australia... as i'd rather not have to pay the postage from the US.

Hasbro screwed up on this one the SDCC exclusive is the one everyone wants as its the classic purple/maroon colors the one on its way to retail is Blue/silver looks like ebay and inflated prices is going to be the only way to get the classic one :(

Edited by Mattallica

Why a belly button? Cause the more I look at it, the more it looks like they started with Galactus, and started swaping parts from there.

I agree with Groundhog, I'll stick with my ML Sentienel. Kinda past the point where "ooooo, but this one makes noises!" influences my buying decisions.

Why a belly button? Cause the more I look at it, the more it looks like they started with Galactus, and started swaping parts from there.

I agree with Groundhog, I'll stick with my ML Sentienel. Kinda past the point where "ooooo, but this one makes noises!" influences my buying decisions.

im with you guys, i have two ML sentinels, that in my opinion look superior to this version anyways, ill just stick with them and pass on this.

your right on the Galactus body make-over for the sentinel too, the question then becomes why does Galactus have a belly button? I dont recall him having a mother.

your right on the Galactus body make-over for the sentinel too, the question then becomes why does Galactus have a belly button? I dont recall him having a mother.

No, but his sister... is DEATH!!!!!

Where did you read that?

Galactus was born Galen on the planet Taa his world and everyone but him died and he somehow was joined with the cosmos and reborn as Galactus.

Death in the marvel universe i believe is one of many cosmic entities like Eternity, Infinity, the living tribunial etc.

Edited by Mattallica

The abject failure of Hasbro getting any new 4" Marvel or GI Joe into SoCal mass retail has ended my collecting of these lines. Walmart no longer carries either line. TRU only stocks Winter Coat Captain America, although it does look like they just got ten cases of US Agent in. Other than those figures you can buy Iron Man and Thor in 400 different costume variations.

And don't get me started on Star Wars. The newly sculpted Kenner figures look great - if you want to spend $12 on an accessoryless Ewok. Screw the throwback packaging and bring back Saga figures with the mountain of guns. Everytime I see the Clone Crap I lament the loss.

In short I've lost interest in seeing all of this product that never makes it to retail. Marvel Universe is cool but not worth the hunt.

And don't get me started on Star Wars. The newly sculpted Kenner figures look great - if you want to spend $12 on an accessoryless Ewok. Screw the throwback packaging and bring back Saga figures with the mountain of guns. Everytime I see the Clone Crap I lament the loss.

The only SW I collect is the Clone Wars stuff and I'll just say that I'm not seeing anything new of that either. It would seem that for most of Hasbro's 3 3/4 stuff you have to order on-line (usually by the case). I think the real culprit right now is Transformers. Every store I see must think people eat these and stock accordingly, yet I don't see any of them moving. Those and Cars dominate about half the action figure section at my local Walmart and no one is touching them.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i was wondering why he had that ridiculous banding all-over his upper arms & torso rather than wiring like the ML version did. Parts reuse explains most of what is wrong with this figure.

I've just completed a second ML Sentinel (and they are seriously as close to a 10 out of 10 figure as i've ever seen from Marvel!), so maybe i'll steer clear of this one...

No, but his sister... is DEATH!!!!!

Where did you read that?

Galactus was born Galen on the planet Taa his world and everyone but him died and he somehow was joined with the cosmos and reborn as Galactus.

Death in the marvel universe i believe is one of many cosmic entities like Eternity, Infinity, the living tribunial etc.

Galactus is a cosmic entity also. He refers to Death as his "sister" and Eternity as his "brother" because they were the cosmic forces birthed at the beginning of the universe. Steve Englehart did a lot of stuff with them during his Silver Surfer run.

She's from the FOURTH wave of Thor figures?! I've never seen any except for the first six. :confused:

Nor have i to be honest! I was a bit surprised that we (seemingly) only got the 1 wave of movie figures and the deluxe toys. I thought they'd go the XMO:W/IM2 route & do a couple of comic waves too.

I'm quite chuffed to see a female figure with her hair pulled back. I thought the Sif Minimate looked worse off for having her hair out. I'm thinking about tracking down a Sif and popping her head into the MU Kitty Pryde so i can have a more AXM accurate look.

It's interesting that two years after some initial releases the shelves are flooded with the likes of Jean Grey and Sunfire. I never know which are the new figures, or ones people might need. I don't collect them, but I love looking through them and at them when I go into the stores. I saw a Jim Lee cyclops for the first time, but I don't know if it's a new figure or just finally old enough to be on the peg before scalpers and employees have their go.