UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw these at one Wal-Mart a week or so ago, but the high price tag made me hold off. I bought both the other sets on clearance, so I figured I could wait these out too, right? Well, I decided that Frost Giant and Loki were worth the price, so I went back... gone. All of 'em. Haven't seen any since, at any Wal-Mart.

I continue to struggle to find new Marvel Universe figures anywhere. I'm not that worked up over it, since MU is fairly low on the priority totem pole, and still not near the baffling ordeal that collecting DC Universe Classics is, but it's troubling. I'd say half the stores that I regularly stop into have either empty (or mostly empty) pegs, or overflows of Iron Men. It's astonishing, really how many Iron Men seem to pegwarm. You'd think MU was the Iron Man- centered line.

I did manage to find the Silver Samurai the other day, which is exciting, even if I was stuck with an uninspiring Wolverine (I'm surprised we've not gotten that outfit as a Minimate). No Taskmaster, though. I do appreciate that Hasbro has been very good about repacking figures that were hard to find the first time around; I just bought World War Hulk last night, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find Archangel eventually, the only figure I'm missing that I want. But I'm a bit worried that retailers have had trouble selling though the line because of all those Iron Men, and MU's going to never live up to its potential.

Ah well. At least we've gotten the Wrecking Crew....

EDIT: Aaaaaannnnddd... found Archangel today at the Disney Store. Prophetic.

Edited by hellpop

I'll look for you, but just caved and bought/traded for a set for myself. They were worth it, but I figure I will find them now on the shelf (so I'll get them for you if that's the case).

Of course, I paid/traded nicely for these last week, got them on Wednesday, saw them on a shelf today. :confused:

PM coming your way Mattallica.

Is anyone else having trouble finding Thanos, Constrictor, and Iron Man 2020?

If you have a Disney Store in your area, try there; that's where I found all of mine. Oh, and Thanos will be coming out in a two pack with Warlock, which makes me rather annoyed that I bought him as a single... :verymad:

Cap movie stuff is out now; unfortunately the comics wave only looks to be four figures initially, which hopefully doesn't mean they'll be sitting around in such large quantities as the Thor figures seem to be. Sadly, US Agent, the one figure from this line I'm really looking forward to, doesn't look to be released yet. I did pick up Battlefields Cap (AKA Ultimate Golden Age Cap). Pretty nice. And don't forget there's a K-Mart 3 pack which includes Captain Britain and Red Guardian. Judging by the quantities I saw, one would not be unwise to wait for this to be clearanced.

Just recently got some of the Captain America line:

I bought Red Skull, WWII Cap, Barnes Cap, & a regular looking Cap to replace my Secret Wars one.

I like that the Captain America line had more Comic Book versions than the Thor line has. Although some of the Thor figures look nice, I can't bring myself to buy movie versions of the characters.

I hope they continue to re-release figures. I haven't been able to get a Classic Havok or Regular Vision yet but I got a lot of other ones I missed the first go around.

They probably will. I have been buying these figures since the beginning and Hasbro always seems to re-release figures. That's how they killed the GI JOE 25th anniv line.

Does anyone on here have the GSXM 6-pack?

There seems to be some differences between the promotional images and what i'm seeing on eBay.

Does Nightcrawler have half of his body shown in tanslucent purple?

Does storm have bold white highlights painted onto the black portions of her costume?

giantsizevariant.jpg

Are these variants that can be found in store, or just production prototypes?

Well, since I just picked up the GSXM set this afternoon, I can say that at least the normal versions don't look like those, but looking at eBay says there is a variant set. I've seen someone selling different versions of the set on eBay so I looked through the stack of 7 or 8 that TRU had and they all looked normal to me (no translucent Nightcrawler, etc). I was disappointed since you're basically buying four re-released characters to get a decent version of Storm and T-Bird (which I made the mistake of buying by himself earlier this week). But I still bought it since they looked cool together and will give Sunfire company.

Agreed. It's a damn shame they didn't take the route that ToyBiz took some years ago and release the set WITHOUT cyclops & Wolverine.

309717821_3ff4809cfd.jpg

This was one of my favourtie sets ever. The figures weren't terribly well articulated, but i was so stoked to get all of those characters together without a wolverine that the artictulation seemed like a pretty minor quibble.

Does anyone on here have the GSXM 6-pack?

There seems to be some differences between the promotional images and what i'm seeing on eBay.

Does Nightcrawler have half of his body shown in tanslucent purple?

Does storm have bold white highlights painted onto the black portions of her costume?

giantsizevariant.jpg

Are these variants that can be found in store, or just production prototypes?

That's the bamfing variant Nightcrawler that's rumored to be in a variant of that 6-pack. Not sure about the Storm, though.

Agreed. It's a damn shame they didn't take the route that ToyBiz took some years ago and release the set WITHOUT cyclops & Wolverine.

309717821_3ff4809cfd.jpg

This was one of my favourtie sets ever. The figures weren't terribly well articulated, but i was so stoked to get all of those characters together without a wolverine that the artictulation seemed like a pretty minor quibble.

That was an amazing set back in the day, a nice precursor to Marvel Legends. I *think* I was able to score that set on clearance too, which is the only way I'll be buying this new one. $35 for a Thunderbird? Pass.

Looks like new figures are finally shipping; I found 2011 wave 2 in at least three different places today. Bought Gladiator, who's the only one I really want from the wave, though I paused over Cable. I can't stand the character, but he's well executed. Passed on FA Wolvie (who is fairly nice) and Cyclops (hate that costume, and didn't buy Jean Grey in that look when I found her); didn't see Apocalypse, whom I probably will pick up if I come across him.

I'm also very, very confused about the 2-packs; I've seen the Wolvie/Silver Samurai in large quantities, but no Deadpool/Taskmasters. Moreover, it looks like they may have shipped the Wolvies with MORE Thor/Iron Man and Spidey/Sentry packs. That can't possibly be the case, can it? That would be insane. I just want my !@#$ Taskmaster!

I'm also very, very confused about the 2-packs; I've seen the Wolvie/Silver Samurai in large quantities, but no Deadpool/Taskmasters. Moreover, it looks like they may have shipped the Wolvies with MORE Thor/Iron Man and Spidey/Sentry packs. That can't possibly be the case, can it? That would be insane. I just want my !@#$ Taskmaster!

Yes, that is the case. And yes, it is insane. But, taskmaster is definitely worth it.

And if you want just a T-Bird, I can sell you mine for $12 shipped (what I paid for it).

Yes, that is the case. And yes, it is insane. But, taskmaster is definitely worth it.

And if you want just a T-Bird, I can sell you mine for $12 shipped (what I paid for it).

So, are there 6 Wolvie/Samurais to a case, 1 Deadpool/Taskmaster, and the rest more of those other ones that I don't want to even type out? Are they meant as packing material?

Thanks for the Thunderbird offer, Groundhog. I'll think about it. Let me take a closer look at him in person and get back to you.

Oh, I also wanted to mention that I saw wave 2 of Cap toys at a few Wal-Marts (and only Wal-Marts, and only a few). This goes up to 12 (yep, even better then Nigel's speakers!) and includes more comics figures and a few movie ones. That's already twice as many figures as the Thor line, and obviously many more comics figures. The Thor toys... I just don't get them. And apparently neither do America's children, because they're just sittin' there.

If anyone still needs them I have a number of Goliath/Thor and Frost Giant/Loki 2 packs. Just asking cost + shipping. PM me.

Edit: I also have the Galactus reg version if anyone wants it. $55 + shipping (my cost).

Edited by Webhead

I saw the X-Men: First Class 2 packs at TRU today, featuring Jean/Scott and Wolvie/Sabretooth. Still no Taskmaster/Deadpool, though. Is the Deadpool figure significantly different (IE better) then the Wolverine Origins one? Should I just buy a loose Taskmaster?

I also saw the X-Men box set at the Disney Store. Tons of them. And I've a feeling they'll be there for awhile, because the price tag... $50! :jawdrop: And here I thought they were overpriced at TRU....