UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last, I finally found an Archangel at Target without paying high prices for him on the internet. I think he was re-released in a new case. Maybe, finally the prices will start dropping on this figure.

That would be good news, I'm still looking for him as well. I have to give Hasbro credit; at least they've managed to mix in some of the harder to find figures with their later cases.

I bought a classic Storm off of ebay. It must have been thrown out because of quality control. There was a red mark in the hair and the hair was painted an awful dark gray. It's feet were brown as well. Today, I replaced the feet with a Baroness' feet and added a jewel to the front of the cape. I also repainted the hair a flat white. I haven't gotten to the yellow trim yet, I think that will be the hardest part. Here are some pics:

Here it was as it came (the light didn't show the red mark or how dark her hair was unfortunately)

post-2001-1290823231_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1290823240_thumb.jpg

Here is my WIP (I am happy with it so far):

post-2001-1290823265_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

I went to TRU today and they had the same 10 figures or so that they've had for the last month or so. I really don't understand how a lot of retail stores around here don't restock before Black Fridy, especially when they're having a sale on something (like they did on MU).

Of course, I say this because wave 11 is now hitting and I've yet to see any wave 10 anywhere (and I've been checking a lot of places often). The worst was going to a K-Mart this week where MU is on sale and they aren't carrying the line any more (the few old ones they had were being clearanced). But they'll still keep DC Infinite Heroes stocked in it's place. :rolleyes:

Edited by groundhog7s

Don't want to add insult to injury, but now wave 12 is hitting :D

BUT I know how you feel. I barely see any good MU in my area, all i see are the "peg warmers" from waves 7-10. I haven't seen any of wave 10 minus the wolverine and multiple man, and that's the newest stuff here.

EDIT: Storm looks great Chaz!

Edited by Punisher

Chaz - that is VERY nice. I might have to commission one from you :)

Thanks. It was a nightmare to paint the yellow trim on. Yellow doesn't want to go over black and it bled all over the black part. I had to use a sharpie to fix my mistakes, and it isn't perfect...I just chose the most flattering picture to show.

As far as reviewing this figure: Is it worth getting the Giant-Sized box set next year for? I suppose if you are a huge Storm fan like me, it will be (I'd like to get a better version that I don't have to paint)... but the articulation is destroyed by Hasbro attaching the cape to her arms. I have even thought of "freeing" her by clipping the cape at the wrist.

As many soft goods that Hasbro uses on Star Wars figs (some unnecessary), it wouldn't have been hard to fix this figure. Also the heels helped her overall look IMO...not sure why Hasbro gives females from other toylines these but not MU. Another gripe is that her tiara sits too low on her head and makes her widow's peak particularly invasive (it almost comes between her eyebrows!).

Oh well, I'm just glad to get her as this is my favorite costume for her. I certainly paid enough for it!

Is it worth getting the Giant-Sized box set next year for?

I'm a big enough X-Fan that i probably will want to buy this set . . . even if it's only for the two figures (curse you hasbro!).

It's a real shame that they didn't replace Colossus, Cyclops or Wolverine (which have had 4, 3 and 17 renditions respectively in the 3.75" Hasbro format; and at least one of each figure in their GSXM duds) with a Banshee figure, so we could have the full GSXM line-up.

Even re-releasing the now hard to find Sunfire with this set would have helped be feel a bit less bitter about having to buy the boxset.

At least it'll have Thunderbird in the set i guess. I'd be even more bitter if i had to buy the set for a single new figure. LOL

I've seen a few of these left over at Wal-Marts: Iron Man, Doc Samson, and Spidey 2099. None of which I consider worth the nine bucks Wal-Mart has rather suddenly decided to ask for these, so I passed.

But I can't BELIEVE there's another Iron Man figure out there. He looks to be already pegwarming with his previous Iron Man brothers, as each Wal-Mart had multiples of him and no more then one of anyone else. Hasbro has so flooded the market with him that some stores have dozens of Iron Men sitting there, and I'm not even talking about the movie figures.

Hasbro: Lay off of Iron Man for a while!

Man these figures are killing me. Just bought Constrictor online...the only place I could find him. I'm about ready to sell my minimates down to a reasonable level, just to get more. by the by....

Looking for hawkeye and electro. I'll you trade for minimates lol

Edited by 616commando

With all the Iron Man figures in MU, they should just devote a line just to Iron Man. In fact, you could even split it up between movie figures, concept figures and comic figures. Maybe even some deluxe versions. Hasbro should really think about doing that.

If they really wanna do it right, they should start looking at re-releasing each sculpt 3 or 4 times - but each time with a different paint scheme & pretending it's a totally new armour. . .

With all the Iron Man figures in MU, they should just devote a line just to Iron Man. In fact, you could even split it up between movie figures, concept figures and comic figures. Maybe even some deluxe versions. Hasbro should really think about doing that.

If they really wanna do it right, they should start looking at re-releasing each sculpt 3 or 4 times - but each time with a different paint scheme & pretending it's a totally new armour. . .

the 3 3/4 IM movie line is broken into groups of movie, comic and concept

the 3 3/4 IM movie line is broken into groups of movie, comic and concept

We really need a sarcasm emoticon. :blush: