Galactus w/ silver surfer

juggernaught

Colossus

mystique

warpath (on the way to me)

and a friend just picked me up

multiple man

Captain Britain

And I got my Galactus at TRU and as of yesterday they still had 3 more.

I believe they come 2 or 4 to a case, but I'm not completely sure.

I know that a lot of minimate fans are fond of Jean Grey, so I thought I'd show the new Dark Phoenix 3.75" figure and tell you what I think about it. Obviously, most of the MU fans bought this 2 pack for her and not Cyclops, as he had already been released. That said, I did like the darker, shinier paint on him, although I didn't care for the blue highlights they painted on him.

As far as Phoenix goes, I felt she has more going for her than not. I like the color scheme and I'm glad they went with a bright yellow/gold for her gloves and boots...it has a metallic sheen to it, but still looks comics-accurate. I think a darker gold would have been a mistake. I also love her loose-hanging sash.

My only gripe is that her hair is a little blah and is actually kind of lanky in the back. Dark Phoenix always had crazy big hair, and this hairstyle probably would look better if the costume was the green version. The color looks a little too light as well, and I can't help but feel her face is too calm, but these are minor things. All in all, I like this figure and think it's an improvement over the "Jim Lee" version. If you like X-Men and this line, she's a must-have!

post-2001-1285620126_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1285620140_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

I know that a lot of minimate fans are fond of Jean Grey, so I thought I'd show the new Dark Phoenix 3.75" figure and tell you what I think about it. Obviously, most of the MU fans bought this 2 pack for her and not Cyclops, as he had already been released. That said, I did like the darker, shinier paint on him, although I didn't care for the blue highlights they painted on him.

As far as Phoenix goes, I felt she has more going for her than not. I like the color scheme and I'm glad they went with a bright yellow/gold for her gloves and boots...it has a metallic sheen to it, but still looks comics-accurate. I think a darker gold would have been a mistake. I also love her loose-hanging sash.

My only gripe is that her hair is a little blah and is actually kind of lanky in the back. Dark Phoenix always had crazy big hair, and this hairstyle probably would look better if the costume was the green version. The color looks a little too light as well, and I can't help but feel her face is too calm, but these are minor things. All in all, I like this figure and think it's an improvement over the "Jim Lee" version. If you like X-Men and this line, she's a must-have!

post-2001-1285620126_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1285620140_thumb.jpg

Yep I got 2!

Thanks for the pics Chazwinski - can't wait for this 2-pack to Australian shores.

Hey Doc,

What kinda customs are you working on where you need multiple Thani?

(Thani is the plural for of Thanos - look it up!) :P

Thanks for the pics Chazwinski - can't wait for this 2-pack to Australian shores.

Hey Doc,

What kinda customs are you working on where you need multiple Thani?

(Thani is the plural for of Thanos - look it up!) :P

I do not do customs.

There are just certain characters that I love so much that I want multiples of the figure.

Johnny Blaze and Thanos are 2 of those.

I plan to deviate from my normal collecting habits and open 1 thanos to pose and have fun with, and the other to keep packaged and put on a shelf.

Dark Phoenix seems almost like a "pre-release repaint", meaning that she's a repaint of a regular Phoenix before a regular Phoenix has been released (though clearly one is in the planning stages). They would have been better off just making green Phoenix, but I still like her well enough. I've come around on Cyclops a bit; I definitely like him better then the SW one, but I don't know why they decided to paint him black with blue highlights rather then the other way around.

This line is sure shipping fast and furious all of a sudden, although I still haven't gotten Archangel, Havok, and Kitty. I did see Kitty once, but was on the fence about her so I didn't pick her up, and now of course I can't find her. Hopefully the TRU dump means that they'll have lots of MU figures over the next month. Of course, at the ones I've visited, they have tons of Iron Man and Spider-Man figures sitting there, while the MU ones have been picked over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a Yellowjacket in the mail today. Of all of Hank Pym's incarnations, this was probably my favorite. When Pym wore this outfit in the seventies, he was losing his mind and beating his wife. On second thought, maybe I should have hated him, but I was 9 when I first picked up an Avengers comic and I just thought the outfit was bizarre and kinda cool.

I do have a few gripes about the fig. The right "wing-thingie" is slightly warped on my fig. Also, I had wanted him to hold my Secret Wars Wasp, but his hands won't hold anything. I found it odd that they included a small version of his Ant Man incarnation instead of a smaller version of the same costume. By the way, like Wasp, Ant Man will NOT stand up on his own. He looks a little slim to me as well, I suppose I'm just used to seeing him beefed up in recent years as Giant Man and Goliath.

I do like the paint job. The yellow has a metallic sheen and he stands out next to the other Avengers. Despite the flaws, I'm glad I got him. This is what I envision Hank wearing.

post-2001-1288307577_thumb.jpg

Saw the new 2 packs at TRU this week. Shoulda picked up the Sentry, but I got some Wolvie origins Minimates on clearance instead. A guy's gotta have priorities, right? Anyhow, this looked pretty nice. The Cap that comes with Wolverine looks terrible, though.

Found the new wave at the Disney Store while looking for the Heroic Age set. Picked up Constrictor, Thanos, and Yellowjacket. $9.50 a pop, which is high, but all three of those guys are high on my want list so I couldn't take the chance and pass them up. Constrictor's my favorite, since I've been waiting to get a Constrictor figure for about 25 years. The Ant Man mini went right in with my Minimates, BTW.

Found a Winter Soldier sitting on the pegs at Target today; if it wasn't for the really splochy paint on the face (it looks half unfinished) he'd be a completely badass figure. Love him either way, and it's great to get such a major Cap enemy, just a little distracting at times.

Two-Face, there is a new Winter Soldier figure coming out next year in the Captain America line that blows the current one away. I think there are some pics of it over at MarvelousNews.com in their coverage of the recent NYCC. It has way more detailing and a better body type, IMO.

Found a Winter Soldier sitting on the pegs at Target today; if it wasn't for the really splochy paint on the face (it looks half unfinished) he'd be a completely badass figure. Love him either way, and it's great to get such a major Cap enemy, just a little distracting at times.

Two-Face, there is a new Winter Soldier figure coming out next year in the Captain America line that blows the current one away. I think there are some pics of it over at MarvelousNews.com in their coverage of the recent NYCC. It has way more detailing and a better body type, IMO.

Yep i saw it!! :) At this point it was slightly impulse buy, and more of a "i have no clue if i'm gonna find him in the movie line" so i wanted to make sure i has a version of him.

Oddly, he was the only one from that wave.

• 3 weeks later...