UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky...

What are your thoughts on the Nightcrawler figure, Groundhog? I felt the tall body mold was an odd choice for him and would make it hard for him to crouch. I also thought that they were pretty lazy not to at least extend the black line in his costume lower...but I'm just going by the pics I've seen. Often, this line looks better in person, and that's what I'm hoping for Kurt. How was Storm's paint job?

I picked between a couple Storm's and there was enough differences to make me want to check them. She's probably the best female figure of the line, but like Black Widow, she's still missing something. Nightcrawler just has too many things going wrong for him. I look at the ML version of him and it was perfect. This one is too tall, loose joints (the head pops off it I look at it the wrong way), odd paint apps on the face and, worst of all, the red on the top of his vest doesn't even come close to matching the red on the lower half. The vest doesn't even come close to looking like it's one piece. It's sad that the two big standouts of this wave are Bulldozer and Absorbing Man, two B-list characters.

It's sad that the two big standouts of this wave are Bulldozer and Absorbing Man, two B-list characters.

You say that like there's something wrong with B-list characters. ;)

IMO you can never have to many B-list villians!! In any superhero themed toy line.

I think it's awesome that they are doing so many B-listers, especially villians. And I'm thrilled they look great, if anything because you know this is the one and only time they'll be made into a figure. What bothers me is when a character with an iconic look gets screwed up. I think that Nightcrawler is a recognizable character that has a definitive look to him and they missed it completely. Granted, you look at the figure and know it's Nightcrawler, but you don't look at him and say that's exactly like he looks in the comics. Hasbro has shown they can make figures that look incredible in this scale, but they just don't always for some reason.

Got the Secret Wars Wave 4 in the mail.

The Thing is a more "cheetos" orange, this time.

post-2001-1268841741_thumb.jpg

My Storm's eyebrows were painted little too thick for my taste, but her costume looked good.

post-2001-1268841772_thumb.jpg

Poor Kurt.

post-2001-1268841785_thumb.jpg

Here's a better pic of Nightcrawler. A little disappointing.

post-2001-1268841813_thumb.jpg

Doom looks great!

post-2001-1268841835_thumb.jpg

Bulldozer.

post-2001-1268841851_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know it should be in the flea market, but iv got a 3.75 deadpool misb from the uk. Any body know what its worth?!

I know it should be in the flea market, but iv got a 3.75 deadpool misb from the uk. Any body know what its worth?!

If this from the Wolverine Origins wave? Is it the normal version or the Deluxe version with the huge gun-like accessory that covers Deadpools body?

I'm pretty sure that they are both going for pretty close to retail at this stage. The only ones that i've seen sell at significantly above retail is the Colossus figure from the 3rd comic wave of XMOW, but even that has settled down now.

If you're looking to make a profit on him, he's probably worth holding onto for a while. He's a popular character, but the figure is still widely avaiable at present online & in brick+mortar stores.

He might be worth a bit more in the future once the supplies have dried up at retail.

^^^ Thank you! Its the comic version. I only picked it up as its cool and was v. cheap. Id rather let it to someone on here before i try to sell it on.

I actually wanted the BFG version of Deadpool, as he's an entirely new mold. But I didn't want to pay for the gun.

BFG??

I am going to assume yall are pulling my leg. Right?

It's Big Freaking Gun

They are all off the Mark it actually stands for Big Fragging Gun! ( or if you are dull Bio Force Gun)...

Did none of you ever play Doom back in the day?

T.

Now if you were to stumble across a Nick Fury somehow, that'd be a different story.

Dude - i have been aching for one of these, but couldn't get one through the Digi-comics offer as it wasn't open to australians. Fury's now raising consistenyl over $100 US. It's crazy. Think this'll have to go on my 'when i get my inheritence' list.

I thought any of those fit his character just fine, but thought 'Bible Fellowship Group' gun would make for an interesting storyline.

Well - militant religious group The Purifiers recently featured a weapon in Uncanny X-Men that when shot, dragged somebody to hell. Perhaps this was a prototype of the Bible Fellowship Group Gun? :P

Well - militant religious group The Purifiers recently featured a weapon in Uncanny X-Men that when shot, dragged somebody to hell. Perhaps this was a prototype of the Bible Fellowship Group Gun? :P

Man, I wish you were kidding.

Back on topic, I guess I was smart enough to get a Fury when they were offered. I almost missed the deadline because I almost couldn't justify the cost, but finally convinced myslef it'd worth it. I have to say I'm glad I did. The figure itself is just mediocre, but Nick Fury has become such a big name in the MU it'd be hard not to have him (I mean his name is all over the first several waves of this line, how important is that?)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone caught it this morning, but the chaps over at Marvelousnews.com were showing pics of the next Marvel Universe wave.

The pictures were small and not the highest quality, but you could definately get the gist of what the figures looked like. The line up included Captain Britain, 90's Multiple Man, Team X Wolverine, Mystique & Classic GhostRider.

Alas - the images have since been pulled and all attempts to find the individual images again have proved futile.

Perhaps MarvelousNews leaked them before they were legaly allowed to show them.

In any event - for those of you who missed the images online - here is a little sneak-peak from the latest issue of Previews,

post-2737-1275015131_thumb.jpg

Looks like a fun set to me - i think i might actually end up grabbing all of these bad boys.

Thoughts? Critisisms?

Edited by Nessex

Well, Wave 8 is just about to hit stores and then comes Wave 9 with Iron-Spidey, Wrecker, Iron Patriot, Winter Soldier, Skrull soldier, & M.J. Watson so it'll be a while before this wave hits.

I'll only be getting Mystique and Captain Britain from Wave 10. Wolverine is a waste of a slot and a future peg-warmer. Ghost Rider looks great, but I think a lot of people are hoping for a future release with his motorcycle (Hasbro already released a Wolverine with one). I'm not really a Madrox fan, but I'm glad they've branched out into some non-X-Men mutants. It gives me some hope that I'll see some of the New Mutants on down the road. I wish they had 6 characters in this wave like they usually do.

I'm actually more excited about the Dark Phoenix figure coming out. Also, I received an e-mail that my Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Havok, & Juggernaut are in the mail! I'll post pics at the end of the week when I get them.

Wish List:

We need Beast!

Scarlet Witch!

Rogue!

First Appearance Storm!

Dr. Strange!

Classic Angel!

Yellowjacket!