UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

The Iron Man line fits in well with the MU line. I picked up War Machine and Crimson Dynamo today at Wal-Mart:

post-2001-1267645965_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1267645956_thumb.jpg

On a different note though, I ordered some figures from Toy Whiz last week. These figures should be in stock, and yet I haven't heard anything from them. The only e-mail I got was my receipt when I made my purchase. Nothing else about whether it's being processed. Has anyone had dealings with them before? Are they pretty slow?

The reason I chose them was because I had two orders..one was a pre-order that I made sure to do separately. Unfortunately, BBTS doesn't let you do pre-orders with just Paypal so I chose Toy Whiz, but that first order should have been sent IMO.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's even crazier is that I'm not even a fan of War Machine, but both of his figures looked so good, I had to get one..and I had a hard time choosing.

Oh, and I got a notification that my first Toy Whiz order has been shipped, a few moments ago, so I'm relieved.

That first order is carrying Modern Thor, Black Widow, Luke Cage, & Extremis Iron Man.

My pre-order is for the whole Secret Wars wave 4. I just didn't have it in me to go looking for these things as they came out. They take a long time to arrive around here and they go fast.

I've been trying very hard to ignore the IM2 stuff esp these comic acurate versions of armors and bad guys... I just can't afford one of each right now but they look Soooooo cool!

Although when we get the next wave and they give us an arctic armor ( probably may fave armor) I might have break down a little as I don't think it's been done ( properly) before.

T.

hasbrotoyshop.com now has all of SW wave 4 available for pre-order. I ordered those this morning along with the Doc Ock fromt he Spidey line and the Deep Sea Armor IM. I figure if I keep myself to the cooler looking armors I can justify the occassional Iron Man. And once I get SW wave 4, my MU collection will be up-to-date and I'll post some pics.

that war machine does look cool, by the way has anyone got whiplash? i was thinking about getting him and i wanted to know whether he is worth getting or not

He's wave 2. not out yet.

I think he's like wave 2.5 or 3 or something. I mean, wave 1 was the Mark I-III and the Iron Monger. Then in some stores there were also Mark IV-VI and a second Mark VI. One VI has a snap on missle launcher, the other has a light up chest. No other villain even in the co-sell on the packaging. Maybe Whiplash is wave 2 and the movie armors are 1.5, I don't know. But there's 2 four figure waves of movie characters out now. (and five "concept" series armors, and five comics series characters)

On a side note, my four year old got the little light-up Arc Reactor you can attach to your shirt today and is about as happy as I've ever seen him.

On another side note, I got my MU Extremis Iron Man on Friday and let my two year old take it and SW Iron Man in the van with us out to eat. Needless to say, somewhere in Indianapolis is an Extremis head waiting to be found.

I have to wait for the movie to come out when these things will be 2 for $10 at TRU.

Good thing they're $10.99 right now at TRU or you'd be broke. Like me.

On a side note, my four year old got the little light-up Arc Reactor you can attach to your shirt today and is about as happy as I've ever seen him.

Aww, that's cute. :)

He hasn't taken it off but to bath, sleep, or when his Mom insists he can't wear it to the dinner table. (his Dad is more inclined to let the later slide) Little bugger even snuck it to school Friday under his jacket. Burned through the first set of batteries too.

where did you see the 2-4-$10 deal you keep quoting?

2 for $10.99

Against my better judgment, I picked some up last night (they were my consolation prize of not finding new Minimates).

Now is that web only? Cause shipping more than eats any savings from the website. In fact Both Target and Wal-Mart have them for $7 a piece. My oldest has bought himself everything comics related but the Dynamo (mostly cause he didn't see it) and my youngest has the Mk III... and his beloved Arc Light.

So it seems, despite my stated intention to avoid the 3 3/4" scale in favor of minimates, I'm paying to collect them anyway. :blush:

I received my 2010 wave 2 figures today. I opted not to get the WWII Captain America and Bucky. I think the Extremis Iron Man is my favorite so far:

post-2001-1268106663_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1268106680_thumb.jpg

Here are the Modern Thor, Black Widow (she does not hold that big gun very well so I left it out), and Luke Cage (I'm not using that stupid necklace on him):

post-2001-1268106700_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1268106712_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1268106728_thumb.jpg

Let me know if you guys had rather see more action shots. Tonight, it's late and I only took some pics for my inventory.

Edited by Chazwinski

Oh jeeze. I spent too much. :( They didn't have any of the Mark 4-6s that I wanted. After that trailer the other night I really wanted the Mark 5 suitcase armor. Though I think I did good. It was hard choosing between ironman on sale and new Minimates though. :(

Mark 1, mark 3, Heavy assault, Crimson Dynamo, Comic, comic stealth, comic WM, Comic Mk1. :)

I don't like the colors on the Hyper Velocity. Too muted. I hope they redo the movie Titanium mane for 4". I love that fig.

I don't like the colors on the Hyper Velocity. Too muted. I hope they redo the movie Titanium mane for 4". I love that fig.

Ah but the package bio says the Hyper Velocity is the "movie concept" stealth armor. Hence the muted colors. It's "stealthy".

Hay Chaz. . .

Great looking figures. I'm definitely keen on the BlackWidow as i dig female super heroes. . . but that Thor looks pretty awesome too. I've never read Thor, but i might have to buy this figure because the costume detailing is so nice. . .