UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

The Wolverine Origins figs have yet to show up here, but some of the new-ish wave MU figs have. Just saw Green Goblin, Iron Fist and Ronin yesterday, and the other day I think our LCS started carrying the Hulk ones too.

Have yet to see the Captain America fig in the flesh.

And punisher, those are some hilarious pics! That Deadpool/Snake Eyes encounter CANNOT end well...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fett could wipe the floor with IM hands down. 2 words: Ion blaster. Just hit him a few times and-- whoops! There goes Jarvis.

Fett's got better maneuverability, are superior fire power, a better targeting system, and much more advanced tech. Stark has better armor and sustainable flight. And enhanced strength. Unless they're going hand to hand, or an out and out speed race, I doubt Stark could pull it off. He could just fly away though.

PICT151723.jpg

PICT15161.jpg

PICT15141.jpg

PICT1518.jpg

PICT15191.jpg

PICT15201.jpg

PICT1521.jpg

Cheesy ending aside, Boba wins. 'Nuff said.

So finally saw Stealth Iron Man and went ahead and bought him even though I'm not a huge IM fan, but he was the only one with no paint flaws and he was all cool and shiny looking. Also saw Iron Fist, and Green Goblin, and Silver Surfer but passed on them. No sign of Cap anywhere though........If anyone wants to trade for Cap, PM me.

Does it make a weird, metallic wrrrrrrrrrrrr sound? :P

Back on topic: The Wolverine Origins figures just arrived here yesterday. And already the Deadpool and Gambit (or so I've heard) ones have gone poof.

I predict that wave 28 of Marvel minimates will be a huge hit here...

I love the 3 3/4" scale but Minimates have ruined me for Marvel figures. If I went apeshit completist on Marvel Universe like I have with Marvel Minimates, I'd need another house.

But I'm also a sucker for movie figures so I've decided to only collect the 3 3/4" figures that are based on films. So far I've got the "comic" Sabretooth that looks suspiciously like Tyler Mane's appearance in the first X-Men film. I'm putting him in with my Wookiee collection.

Essentially, if it's based on the comics, I'm sticking to Minimates. If it's from a movie, I'll go with the 3 3/4" figures. And knowing what Marvel's film roster looks like, I may only need to finance an addition to my existing house. :thumbsup:

Has anyone picked up the Sabertooth that comes with Wolverine on a motorcycle. These are a TRU exclusive. I broke down and bought it becase simply because of Sabertooth. I justified paying $20 for the set by just telling myself that I have payed more on ebay for a single figures that I couldn't find in stores. I have to say it...

SABERTOOTH ROCKS!!!

He is perfect scale with the MU and his articulation matches perfectly. Some people complained about the metallic paint but mine doesn't seem to have that problem. Now when I get the brown Wolverine from the upcoming Secret Wars two-packs, I'll be happy.

Does it make a weird, metallic wrrrrrrrrrrrr sound? :P

Back on topic: The Wolverine Origins figures just arrived here yesterday. And already the Deadpool and Gambit (or so I've heard) ones have gone poof.

I predict that wave 28 of Marvel minimates will be a huge hit here...

I think Gambit might be a little short-packed. I went into my local Target and found the newly stocked X-Men Origins shelf which had the SuperHero Squad 4packs, Spring-Out Logan Claws as well as about 40 of the 3 3/4" figures. Out of all the figures there, I only found 1 Gambit. They shelves looked like they been packed just the night before. Each peg was full, the display was tidy, etc . .

Needless to say, Gambit was the figure i bought that day.

I went to Wal-Marts the other day, and they had a special middle-of-the-aisle display with loads of the Origins Wolvie figures. I saw a couple of Gambits right out front with the others. That is to say, I don't think people will have too much trouble finding any of these things. Unlike Mattel, Hasbro has a tendency to over- rather than under-estimate how many figures people will buy. There are very few 25th Joes that I never saw in person.

Around here, the only Marvel figures I've seen consistently are the Wolverine and the X-Men figures. Most everything else is selling out quickly. At least for now, they seem very under-ordered. I haven't seen a Bullseye, Black Panther, Gambit or Maverick in person yet, but got them all of HTS (and I'm glad I did). I just wish they'd post series 3. I've heard they started hitting retail last week.

It is the hype, and I think that is wearing off here, anyway. Baton Rouge is scalper heaven, but I've started to run across the wave 1 figures pretty frequently now. It will be just like the Joes, some may be hard to find generally, but most will be easy enough to find if you have the patience to wait a bit. Hasbro will re-release anything that is reasonably popular in revision cases, and with the comic packs right around the corner, don't be surprised to see 4 and 5 packs pop up eventually, with characters wearing different colored costumes, etc.

I haven't seen a Bullseye, Black Panther, Gambit or Maverick in person yet

Maverick was the next rarest figure, so i bought him the following week. :highfive2:

I'll be going back for Deadpool & Wolverine this week.