UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Live!

Jatta Pake

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

DCD if you guys are reading this, Pickle's suggested DK set MUST be the front runner for your (possible) debut boxed set. The fans have spoken!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

DCD if you guys are reading this, Pickle's suggested DK set MUST be the front runner for your (possible) debut boxed set. The fans have spoken!

AYE! So much for my Long Halloween set. It's not needed anymore. DCD, if you are reading this, disregard my earlier post.

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

AYE! So much for my Long Halloween set. It's not needed anymore. DCD, if you are reading this, disregard my earlier post.

I would buy this in a heartbeat. You know what'd be amazing? An extra head/suit piece for Two-Face.

A Dark Knight set like that would be an instant classic, and a great way to start the new line.

Also, they could easily get two 5-packs out of Watchmen, if not more. If they made Watchmen 'mates, you could put a smiley face button on me.

No more Smallville? there goes my Laura Vandervoort Supergirl figure. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for a Dark Knight movie minimates boxed set for the DVD release:

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

I would buy this in an instant. Maybe some exclusive packs with Harvey and Rachel, or Alfred and Bruce? I guess I am asking for too much... but that would complete things for me!

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

Forget Scarecrow,put a Bruce Wane.....or....... Insted make there be the "The Dark Knight" Wave of dc minimates:

Batman+Joker

Two Face+Gordon

Harvy Dent+Rachel Daws

Bruce Wane+Lucious Fox (Screw Alfred, I want a Morgan Freeman Mate! :D )

Don't get too hopeful guys, Shane & I managed to pin Mr Brewer in a corner today and asked about DC Mates.

In short the situation is that because they could only sell to specialty stores (Due to licensing) they weren't making any money on the line, although he said they weren't loosing money either.

He said he hates to say anthing is dead But it was VERY unlikely and IF anything did happened they might look at box sets.

So from the horses mouth, It's Still dead guys...

T.

p.s. He did mention one random nutter who kept sending him minimate Proof of purchases and isn't letting him forget the line.... you know who you are and he did get them :P

Don't get too hopeful guys, Shane & I managed to pin Mr Brewer in a corner today and asked about DC Mates.

In short the situation is that because they could only sell to specialty stores (Due to licensing) they weren't making any money on the line, although he said they weren't loosing money either.

He said he hates to say anthing is dead But it was VERY unlikely and IF anything did happened they might look at box sets.

T.

p.s. He did mention one random nutter who kept sending him minimate Proof of purchases and isn't letting him forget the line.... you know who you are and he did get them :P

I agree with you TBT...these things are not going to see the light of day....just the pesimistic side of me coming out....but if it were really something they were considering we would have seen some kind of art work something...not well maybe, so please stop bugging us...

No more Smallville? there goes my Laura Vandervoort Supergirl figure. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for a Dark Knight movie minimates boxed set for the DVD release:

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

I would buy this in an instant. Maybe some exclusive packs with Harvey and Rachel, or Alfred and Bruce? I guess I am asking for too much... but that would complete things for me!

Maybe a Batman Begins set with

Batman

Rachel

Alfred

Bruce

Ra's Al Ghul (Real Ra's. Not fake Ra's)

And a Dark Knight part 2 set

Harvey Dent

Lucius Fox

Nurse Joker (with detoator.)

Clown goon

Final Battle Batman (With white eyes and damage)

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

Batman

Rachel

Alfred

Bruce

Harvey Dent

Lucius Fox

Clown goon

i'd love batman movie mates, but would feel somewhat conned if we got a box set for each film, and ended up without a scarecrow, and proper purple suit joker

EDIT - sorry, ignore me... just realised that's a part 2 box set!

Edited by bobafett

T.

I fucking knew it. The whole purpose of that statement was to silence the fan outcry. Sucks. If they were not losing money on them then why not make simple cost saving changes to the line to where they are turning a profit? I rather know they were defiantly dead then for DC to give a glimmer of hope without any real intention to follow through.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what products does DC Direct sell anywhere but specialty stores? I guess I've seen an odd figure in TRU once in a while, but it's not like their stuff is in Wal-mart or Target.

That is too bad because a Dark Knight boxset would fly off the shelves right now. The last movie this popular was like Titanic. The hype alone would sell-out the figures.

I mean, just look at how those those non-Movie Masters Dark Knight figures are flying off the shelves ;)

I kid, I think Minimate Dark Knight figures would sell out for sure, given that they didn't oversaturate the market like they have been doing with certain other figures.

I know this would never happen but I would like to see DC try some new ideas

FLASH'S ROGUES GALLERY

Flash

Boomerang

Captain Cold

Professor Zoom

Mirror Master

SUPERMAN MOVIE (OLD)

Superman

Lois Lane

Lex Luthor (Hackman Verision)

General Zod

Jimmy Olson

ORIGINAL TEEN TITANS

Robin

Aqualad

Wondergirl

Speedy

Kid Flash

SUPERMAN ROGUES GALLERY

Superman

Doomsday

Lex (Suit)

Solomon Grundy

Brainiac I

That is too bad because a Dark Knight boxset would fly off the shelves right now. The last movie this popular was like Titanic. The hype alone would sell-out the figures.

I mean, just look at how those those non-Movie Masters Dark Knight figures are flying off the shelves ;)

I kid, I think Minimate Dark Knight figures would sell out for sure, given that they didn't oversaturate the market like they have been doing with certain other figures.

Ack! Those look terrible!! It looks like a drunk painted them with one hand tied behind his back while hopping on one foot.

I know that is an exaggeration... but not really... they look horrible. Why have a detailed Batman sculpt with a cartoon Joker?

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

Batman

Rachel

Alfred

Bruce

Harvey Dent

Lucius Fox

Clown goon

Those would be awesome except the nurse joker(just a regular joker would work for me! :thumbsup: ... I would still like a Scarecrow though..... and definetly a Gordon... But the 3 3/4 figures have a gotham Police set

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/M...iRez_115156.asp

Edited by S7EVIN

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

Batman

The Joker

Two Face

Scarecrow

Gordon

Batman

Rachel

Alfred

Bruce

Harvey Dent

Lucius Fox

Clown goon

Those would be awesome except the nurse joker(just a regular joker would work for me! :thumbsup: ... I would still like a Scarecrow though.....

That's part 2. Part 1 (which someone else suggested) is at the top of the quote and has Scarecrow and regular Joker with Two-Face Gordon and Batman to boot!

Pay attention! ;)

• 1 month later...
This would be incredible news!

Hopefully, I could finally get a Justice League finisher set (Martian Manhunter, Atom, Black Canary, & Zatana)

It's also old news that was shot down WAY back at SDCC, a bunch of us bundled G.Brewer ( head honcho of DCD) into a corner and made him fess up that they were dead!!

T.

This would be incredible news!

Hopefully, I could finally get a Justice League finisher set (Martian Manhunter, Atom, Black Canary, & Zatana)

It's also old news that was shot down WAY back at SDCC, a bunch of us bundled G.Brewer ( head honcho of DCD) into a corner and made him fess up that they were dead!!

T.

I only wish you all would have given Brewer a beat down in that corner, that fool is running DCD into the ground!