UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Indiemates Contest!

Punisher

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose the Savage Dragon. I try to keep my customs simple yet detailed. You can see the classic erik larsen butt chin as well as the hair on dragon's arms. I also try to get my customs as close to what I would imagine DST producing. Hope you like!

customs022.jpg

and a side shot

custom016.jpg

source

300px-TheSavageDragonMini1.jpg

McDurg, your custom is awesome! Not even just for a first custom, its really good. The paint and the sculpting look great. I don't know the character but you make him look awesome. Nice work!

Man, there has been a flurry of great entries lately! McDurg: that's an amazing first custom - you should see mine! And antacost: Clownface is unreal! How did you make the knives and sheaths?

the contest gallery is up!

i'm a really glad how this turned out. all the entries are great, and almost half are from first time customizers!

i hope there is another custom contest soon, i want to crank up my customizing skills!

Ok, so sorry, but am I too late? Totally up to you punisher, if it is, just delete this, thanks!

So even if it is too late, here is my absolute favorite indie guy: The Amazing Screw-On Head

Comes complete with suit, and alternate lucky number 13 body!

post-1776-1219637246_thumb.jpg

post-1776-1219637255_thumb.jpg

post-1776-1219637262_thumb.jpg

Sorry too about the flash off the comic! And mad, mad thanks to Mike Mignola for creating him in the first place!

sorry koi gorl, i didnt see your entry! i would have included it in the gallery, so thatts kinda my fault too. :(

Here are the winners!

First place: Fujis

Second Place: Luke314pi

Thirdplace: Dukelyon

the vote was very close! there were about four others trailing just behind dukelyon.

winners, pm me your addresses, and i'll send out the prizes asap.

thanks everyone once again for participating, and making the contest worthwhile.

Edited by the punisher=D

Congrats to the winners, the customs were really cool(All of them looked really nice, like they were real licensed mates)! Hopefully we can all participate again next time. :D

Just wondering, is there any kind of paint that is smoother? The paint I used was kind of thick, or it could be I'm just layering too much.

Wow, I can't believe I even placed! There were some kick-ass customs that were submitted! Big thanks to punisher for hosting the contest as well as to Stuckakid, BrickArms, and SciFi Genre for the prizes! And congrats to the other winners and everyone that submitted a custom - so awesome to see so many new faces customizing these little buggers.

McDurg: If you haven't already tried Citadel Paints (found at Games Workshop stores) you should check them out - after using them I don't think I could ever use anything else. Unless I could afford the paint that they use on the prototypes...

• 1 month later...

This thread did not need ressurection. It's been dead for over a month. Unless there is life-shattering information about the thread, it should not be brought back. Like when the DVD for The Dark Knight comes out, I'll probably ressurect the The Dark Knight thread.But until then, unless there is life shattering news, I won't bring it back because there is no need. This thread was not needed back. Here on MMMV we call this Necromancing, bringing back from the dead. Here on MMMV we do not like Necro threads or the action of bringing it back. Please, don't necro on everyone's favorite board.

Have a nice day :)

Trekker

(My God, I sound like Rad!)

Edited by Trekker 42