UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Indiemates Contest!

Punisher

indiematescontest1.jpg

Its been almost a year since the multiverse’s last contest, so I guess I obligated my self to host the next one!

This “years” contest is themed “Indiemates”. And since pretty much everybody on here reads or knows a thing or two about comic books, everyone should know that Marvel and Dc aren’t the only ones who produce comics. Your job is to turn your favorite indie comic character (anything that is not published from Dc or Marvel) into a ‘mate. So customizers and even non-customizers crack out your comic collection and get to work! Don't be shy, every one can participate!

Rules:

1.) One custom per person can be entered.

2.) Please post a decent sized picture of your custom and post it in this thread.

3.)Please provide a brief description of your custom, (source art is optional).

4.) New customs only!

5.) Quick Customs are allowed.

===============================================================

Dates:

Entries will be accepted between today and through August 20th.

Voting begins once Contest Gallery has been posted on August 21st and ends August 23rd at 11:59 PM PST.

Winners will be posted on August 24th

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order the three best entries.

Everybody can vote, however ,If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.

During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to thepunisher=D

Prizes!

For the top prizes, I have some great prizes from stuckakid scifigenre and brickarms! These are some awesome prize packs that I'm sure all Minimate fans can enjoy. First place will have their pick, then second place, then third…

Set #1:

Marvel MiniMates Defenders box set

AAAAAviT5X0AAAAAANOIZQ.png

Brickarms Ultimate Weapons Pack

Ultimate_Pack_Gallery_3.jpg

Set #2:

Marvel MiniMates Prof X / Phoenix / Wolverine / Magneto 4-pack

41DGPX5W33L__SL500_AA280_.jpg

Brickarms Ultimate Weapons Pack

Ultimate_Pack_Gallery_3.jpg

Set #3:

Star Trek MiniMates: series 3 - Full Set of STANDARD Figures

minimates_startrek_tos_wave_3.jpg

$15 e-giftcard to scifi genre

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or pm me if it is necessary.

Have Fun Everyone!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet contest man, I am in!!

Only problem for me, I have Marvel and DC Encyclopedias......yet nothing for Indie Comics!! LOL

Must go some research now :D

One question though:

This is an Indy Mate contest, how far does that reach.....meaning if I wanted to do a character in a Manga, would that be allowed? Is it basically Anything is fair game except Marvel and DC?

Edited by jcastick

Sweet contest man, I am in!!

Only problem for me, I have Marvel and DC Encyclopedias......yet nothing for Indie Comics!! LOL

Must go some research now :D

One question though:

This is an Indy Mate contest, how far does that reach.....meaning if I wanted to do a character in a Manga, would that be allowed? Is it basically Anything is fair game except Marvel and DC?

yep, if it is not a marvel or dc comicits excepted, however, things like anita blake and max titles from marvel and veritgo and wildstorm from dc are OK

What happens if more then one person does the same character?

the gate of hell will open and all of the demons of the underworld will come out and feed on the souls of the innocent until no one is left and all they can do roam until new flesh is revealed...

either that or nothing! :ninja:

Is an Amalgam character allowed? Remember when DC and Marvel combined to form the Amalgam universe? Please say yes, as I'm getting married today, leaving for my honeymoon in 2 days and won't be back till Aug 16th. I'll have no time to throw a custom together, but have an unpublished "Amamlgam" custom I'd like to use for the contest. Whadda ya say?

Well I worked really hard on this one and am quite proud of it.....so here is my entry for the contest.

I present:

HPIM1406.jpg

BATTLE POPE!

Here's another pic and reference photo:

HPIM1414.jpgHPIM1404.jpg

YES!!! HAHAHA! Pure awesome!

Is an Amalgam character allowed? Remember when DC and Marvel combined to form the Amalgam universe? Please say yes, as I'm getting married today, leaving for my honeymoon in 2 days and won't be back till Aug 16th. I'll have no time to throw a custom together, but have an unpublished "Amamlgam" custom I'd like to use for the contest. Whadda ya say?

Nope, sorry...

just kidding, amalgams are fine, im not picky! :biggrin:

sweet entries guys.

th_125px-Amalgam_Comics_logo.gif

Here is my contribution to the Indiemates contest. Amalgam Comics' Man of War....

SUPER SOLDIER

(click thumbnails for lareger pics)

th_comic.jpg

th_ssfront.jpgth_ssleft.jpg

th_ssright.jpgth_ssback.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

mines comin i just need to konw how to get my pics from photoshop to the MMV.

Ok when you make a post there is a section below where you type in, at the lower right you will see two buttons one says browse and the other upload.

Click Browse and look for where your picture on your hard drive.

When you have found it select it and click open it will be highlighted in the text box before the browse button.

Click Upload.

It will say file uploading then above the upload button it will say manage current attachments, click on it then on the file it highlights and thats that your file will be uploaded to the Multiverse server.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

mines comin i just need to konw how to get my pics from photoshop to the MMV.

just save the pic as a .jpg file, then when you post to this thread, click the Browse... button down below. Once you select the file, click UPLOAD and the file will be availabe in the drop down box. select the icon with the green + symbol, and it will be posted into your post :)

Hope this helps

BS