UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Marvel Minimate Pics!

ARE-JAY

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Secret Invasion set uses additional heads, like in those pictures, rather than the "turning head" method, mentioned in the initial descriptions.

I just don't like the idea of turning heads when one face is green and one flesh colored. I feel like it would be poorly executed, and some green would show through. Plus I don't like the idea that my Phoenix, Beast & Jewel are really hidden skrulls in disguise... it's unsettling.

I was so caught up looking over the new figures, I didn't even notice the new and improved Wolverine body...

Check him out... he's got shoulder pads, but he doesn't look overly bulky and lame like Zombie Wolverine did.

Here's hoping they include and/or make a New "Classic" wolverine with that chest, but without the"Tiger Whiskers" Mask (Since I'm guessing the yellows won't match up, preventing re-use of the old mask piece.)

All the newly sculpted pieces I spot...

Wolverine's Mask

Wolverine's Hair (Looks Good, compared to some of the older ones, might I add)

Wolverine's Chest

Jewel's Hair

Jewel's Belt (I think)

Phoenix's Hair

Beast's Hair

And everyone thought it would just be old figures with Skrull heads...

Edited by Gillbob316

Ok question time IM movie figures mates.

In this picture IM movie mates SDCC we have from left to right armour styles

MkII silver armour

MKI Silver armour

MKIII Red/Gold

??? Red/Gold ???

Iron-Monger

What is the Red/Gold armour it has a different head piece then the MKIII and I don't remember seeing it anywhere before.

MkII silver armour

MKI Silver armour

MKIII Red/Gold

??? Red/Gold ???

Iron-Monger

What is the Red/Gold armour it has a different head piece then the MKIII and I don't remember seeing it anywhere before.

That's weird, it is just a more red version of the red and gold....

Also, Pepper has much redder, and what looks to be longer, hair.

MkII silver armour

MKI Silver armour

MKIII Red/Gold

??? Red/Gold ???

Iron-Monger

I think that's an extra head piece that shows Tony's face with the front of the IM helmet off.

post-560-1216906562_thumb.jpg

Oh, and ditto to what Luke said.

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

Good job finding the photos so quick, Are-Jay! The Spidey wave def looks better "in person", but are there any actual changes to the designs? The photo's pretty small on my screen, so I can't really tell...

And wow, the Invasion set is awesome, and doesn't rely on old parts/designs at all like I thought it would. Never expected a fully new Phoenix! I was happy with the old design but they really nailed it this time...

I hope the Secret Invasion set uses additional heads, like in those pictures, rather than the "turning head" method, mentioned in the initial descriptions.

I just don't like the idea of turning heads when one face is green and one flesh colored. I feel like it would be poorly executed, and some green would show through.

Judging by the photos, the alternate faces are more "flashes" of Skrull, rather than the head split down the middle between regular face and full-on Skrull. I was worried the green would show too, but this seems like an inventive solution...

Edited by battlecat

wolvie's head mask would make better sense without the painted-on face/mouth/chin bit -- the better to subtly reveal his skrulliness with. still, yay first app wolverine.

also i think the more recent solicitation for the set mentioned that there would be double-faced heads [normal, skrullish] as well as four bonus green full-Skrull heads.

Edited by lastmaximal

Who the hell decided that this was the Marvel Minimates category on those pictures?!!! Half of them are of Marvel Select!

Anyway, I like this Wolvrine. I think this will replace my GSXM Wolverne (Target version) as my definitive Wolverine. And Phoenix! Beast! Yay! Beast never got much use before simply because his minimate sucked, but here we go! I love it!

This Jewel is going into the parts bin though. No idea who she is, but I don't care.

Wave 23 is not exciting for me as usual.

Wave 24: There are two must haves in this wave: Shocker and Kraven. I also must get Venom because, well, I lost my other one. Oops.

Who is Tarantula replacing as the variant? Kraven or BIB SM?

I like Venom now the face doesn't look so bad.

There's close-ups of the Spidey wave in the SDCC gallery at www.action-figure.com...

I guess they did extend Venom's weird scowl into a grin, although I wish the whole thing was white, like his first appearances in the comics, instead of the extended bit being red... I think he's great overall though, best Venom yet.

I'm with winkerbean on the the Cassidy resemblance, he's got that huge psycho smile and everything!

I'm really surprised that no one has said anything about that god-awful slip on mask for Wolverine! :sick:

I really dig it. First appearance Wolvie and the quintessential Beast! Awesome.

But, what's up with the half flesh-colored/half green Skrull faces? Are they going to look like this in final form? Is this a "transformational" look? I don't get it or like it, unless they are unfinished.

FA Wolverine looks great but man, I need to get up to speed on the latest Marvel books - I have no idea who Jewel is!

Who is Tarantula replacing as the variant? Kraven or BIB SM?

Tarantula has always been the variant in this line, hasn't he?

I'm really surprised that no one has said anything about that god-awful slip on mask for Wolverine! :sick:

Looks like it might actually be a sculpted head, not a mask.

Edited by Fujis

FA Wolverine looks great but man, I need to get up to speed on the latest Marvel books - I have no idea who Jewel is!

Jewel is Jessica Jones. I don't know a whole lot about the character, but I'll let you know what I know. Apparently, she's a fan favorite character, though she hasn't put on the costume in a while. For powers, I know she at least has flight, but there's probably some more. Years ago, Purple Man took control of her and made her attack the Avengers. I'm pretty sure there's more to this part, but I can't remember it haha, sorry.

Recently, she was a journalist (or was it private eye?) with the Pulse. She became pregnant with Luke Cage's baby, and shortly after that they got married. She was living with the New Avengers up until the Hood and his gang attacked Dr. Strange's house, after which she ran to Stark Tower and joined the Registration Act.

In terms of the figures, I'm blown away at what is becoming of Minimates. They're constantly getting better, with amazing paint applications. I mean, if you look back at wave's 1-3 and compare them to the current figures, there's a huge difference. I love it! Also, it seems like we're getting a lot of new figures by the end of the year. So much love and thanks to DST and AA! Keep producing figures of this quality and you'll definitely have die-hard fans like the ones found here.

Sooo, I just got an email from shopafx.com and it says that we can preorder these:

"This week at San Diego Comic-Con we are debuting a host of exclusives shipping later this year and early next year. You can now preorder these fine products but hurry - many are very limited and can presell out at anytime!"

http://shopafx.addr2.com/url/415666/77c195/

Does anyone know if this is the set that they were to unveil there?

Edited by Fo Shizzle