UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chef Duff Minimates

Just got back from the con, and saw one of the new licences - An set based on the Food Network show "Ace of Cakes". One Minimate - Chef Duff - with a lot of cakes and baking accessories.

Pictures tomorrow - batteries are dead in the camera tonight.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it actually being produced? This blog entry on the AA website isn't very clear.

I think so. It looked like an actual produced sample, and it was being displayed with the other Minimates that are coming this year.

It looks nice, but Charm City Cakes appeals to me as much Desperatly Seeking Susan.

Yes it's produced... BUT it's not being distributed through DST.

I talked to Chuck about it (amongst other stuff) and he said it was down to the show/people how it was distributed!

I have other semi gossip but have had beer and am tired... will share tomorrow!

T.

Ace of Cakes is one of my favorite tv shows so if the Duff mate gets mass produced I'll be all over that.

I predict a 300% increase in Ash Williams customs.

Hell yeah! My crappy Lego chainsaw was in desperate need of an upgrade. Plus, guitar! Crappy looking figure, though. . .but then again, he has the infamous (in GI Joe circles) "Duke" arms!

Yes it's produced... BUT it's not being distributed through DST. I talked to Chuck about it (amongst other stuff) and he said it was down to the show/people how it was distributed!

Cool. I hope Duff makes them easy to get ahold of.

powerdrills, chainsaws, guitars! custom fodder for me!

No kidding! I'm going to have to pick up half a dozen of these guys.

So anyone who gets one of these and doesn't want it had BETTER come to me and offer it!! ;)

I too am a fan of the show and think it is a great idea!

Now, if they make a set for Iron Chef and Iron Chef America........ I'd gladly buy those!

I *really* dislike Ace of Cakes (does he tell people the cakes are 90% rice crispy and wooden dowels? also, they never really talk about how they taste, they just show the reactions to the cake's look) and more so I dislike Duff

But I really like this set for fodder. It's got cakes, power tools, a nice blank mate... I'd definately buy it. Especially if there's any chance that it succeeding could lead to more Food Network Mates (Alton Brown and Guy Fieri would translate well into a set like Duff's with lots of extra random accessories, Bobby Flay would be nice if he came with a mini-mate scale grill, and a Giada mini-mate would just be adorable!)

The things being made into 'Mates just keeps getting odder and odder. I love it. I like the show, and think the guy is pretty funny. I was hoping there would also be a Mary Alice 'Mate, because she's so cool. I'd definitely pick up one of these if I can.

Ok, I'll admit it. I don't get it. Did Food Network marketing find that nerds eat a lot of cake and is this an attempt to pull in more viewers? I have a billion cable channels and I'm not sure if I even have the Food Network.

Someone on this board needs to fess up. Who here works for the Food Network? I know someone at the Food Network is a closet Minimaniac who got this put into action. Way. To. Go. My hat is off to you!

The Minimate invasion into mainstream culture continues ...

my wife's usual reaction to my 'mates is "you know if you ever cheat on me, those are all going to get burned" (except i told her to be sure to sell my black spider-man and stealth iron man.)

she loves ace of cakes and she would actually buy this one for herself.