UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BBTS and Secret Invasion minimates???

Zombieboyfiend

I've always found Mockingbird to be a bit generic

So, just to be clear, this:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Image:Mocki...eadgirl.jpg.jpg

is more "generic" than this:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Image:Jessicajones01.jpg

?? I don't actually think that I could come up with a more generic-looking "super-heroine" than this Jewel person.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?? I don't actually think that I could come up with a more generic-looking "super-heroine" than this Jewel person.

In my opinion at least Jewel has some origionality to her, Mockingbird is mostly a second rate Huntress, or at best a second rate Hawkeye. Her uniform clashes in colors aswell as in design. And Jewel is never on teams, so she doesn't end up taking roster spots that other heroes deserve more. Besides, with Mockingbird around, how is Hawkeye supposed to be a playboy?

Jewel, like Sentry, is a character that has become very important in the Marvel U, retroactivley. Wheras Mockingbird has been dead for some time, and everyone but Hawkeye forgot about her a long time ago.

The difference between the two charcters is much like the difference between Sentry and Hyperion. Different people have different opinions, neither is wrong, but my personal prefference is for Jewel and Sentry over Mockingbird and Hyperion, and DST seems to have the same point of view.

In my opinion at least Jewel has some origionality to her, Mockingbird is mostly a second rate Huntress, or at best a second rate Hawkeye. Her uniform clashes in colors aswell as in design. And Jewel is never on teams, so she doesn't end up taking roster spots that other heroes deserve more. Besides, with Mockingbird around, how is Hawkeye supposed to be a playboy?

Jewel, like Sentry, is a character that has become very important in the Marvel U, retroactivley. Wheras Mockingbird has been dead for some time, and everyone but Hawkeye forgot about her a long time ago.

The difference between the two charcters is much like the difference between Sentry and Hyperion. Different people have different opinions, neither is wrong, but my personal prefference is for Jewel and Sentry over Mockingbird and Hyperion, and DST seems to have the same point of view.

well son, actually if you read the blog at AA site, they state they had no idea mockbird would get so much panel time...makes me think if they did, it would have leaned the vote the other way.

As far as your other comments, I knew about mockingbird for a hell of a long time, and had to wikipedia this jewel character....

you are correct, just like assholes, we all have opinions. You just happen to be wrong this time :)

I understand the Sentry, but how is Jewel very important? I know she's had her own book and influenced the Avengers, but I didn't think she had much impact otherwise. Even in terms of just the story of Secret Invasion, Mockingbird has been more important (though AA admitted they didn't know Mockingbird would feature so much in the story).

I understand the Sentry, but how is Jewel very important? I know she's had her own book and influenced the Avengers, but I didn't think she had much impact otherwise. Even in terms of just the story of Secret Invasion, Mockingbird has been more important (though AA admitted they didn't know Mockingbird would feature so much in the story).

Jewel = Jessica Jones right?

She's been in pretty much every Issue of the New Avengers esp during Civil War.

Mockingbird has been in what 2-3 issues of Secret Invasion?

Both are pretty obscure but enjoying retro chic, I say that either is welcome... Now where is that Captain Britain minimate who's been in eveything but is unloved by DST.

T.

First off, I like the fact that we are getting Jewel. Secondly both 'Jewel' and 'Mockingbird' are fairly unknown characters and both of their costumes are rather generic. Neither one really tells you who the character is or what they can do. Not to mention their names are rather generic and tell you nothing of the character. Hell I would have thought 'Mockingbird' was a sonic ala Siren and Banshee and 'Jewel' would be someone way tougher than a washed up has been.

I am simply of the opinion that some woman wearing a skin tight white jumpsuit with a purple diamond on it and blue gloves and belt (?) looks fairly dang generic. I have nothing to say about her character, since I have never read a comic she was in. I personally think that Mockingbird looks fairly distinctive and interesting, and as such, would make a nice Minimate.

I think Jewel is a more current or "newer" charecter thus considered more pertinent. I read most of my comics in the 80's and 90's so am very familier with Mockingbird, plus didn't she have a long running tryst with Ollie North (Green Arrow)? I've never read anything with Jewel or if I did it didn't leave much of an impression. My two cents...

I am simply of the opinion that some woman wearing a skin tight white jumpsuit with a purple diamond on it and blue gloves and belt (?) looks fairly dang generic. I have nothing to say about her character, since I have never read a comic she was in. I personally think that Mockingbird looks fairly distinctive and interesting, and as such, would make a nice Minimate.

I say we settle this like adults and get them (Mockingbird and Jewel not KMZ & VBP) both to wrestle in Jello/Jelly (Lime of course!) until either we get bored or one comes out the obvious winner...

T.

p.s. So much for my post in another thread about only adding intelligent or worthwhile content to threads!! :blush:

I've been reading comics since the 70's and am very familiar with Mockingbird. That being said I cant wait for Jewel. Jessica Jones is way better character she's three dimensional. Mockingbird while visually cool is really a ho-hum not very interesting character. Jewel is way more worthy to be a Minimate.

I realize Jessica Jones is a more current character, but frankly, Jewel isn't a very pertinent character at all.

"Jewel" never really had a tenure as an actual character... she was just kindof a memory was the moment she was introduced...

It's kinda like releasing the Deadly Genisis team of X-Men, Petra, Darwin, Sway & Vulcan, and acting as if they were "classic" characters... I mean, sure, they were written retroactively into classic continuity. Two of them (Darwin & Vulcan) have been extremely relevent in recent X-Men stories of the last few years... buuuuut, they still aren't incredibly pertinant characters that people care a great deal about...

BUT... altogether, I don't really have a great preference between Jewel & Mockingbird. I do however think Mockingbird would have made more sense, merely because her skrull clone has been more relevent to the Secret Invasion story than Jewel's skrull clone.

Is anyone else buying this for the X-Men, and couldn't care less about the Skrull side of this boxed set? I think the spare Skrull heads will be going in my parts box, or being traded. I'm psyched about getting Beast, Phoenix and Wolverine, but the Skrull heads just don't interest me.

Is anyone else buying this for the X-Men, and couldn't care less about the Skrull side of this boxed set? I think the spare Skrull heads will be going in my parts box, or being traded. I'm psyched about getting Beast, Phoenix and Wolverine, but the Skrull heads just don't interest me.

I'll take em off your hands... Can never have enough skrull heads if you ask me ;)

Let me know when they are released and we can come up with some sort of deal.

T.

I had a feeling someone would jump on that instantly. As you say we can sort that out when they're in my possession. I'll drop you a PM at the time.

I am too. I don't think I'll be doing much with Secret Invasion skrulls. And I don't have enough Super Skrulls to QC any either.

I am too. I don't think I'll be doing much with Secret Invasion skrulls. And I don't have enough Super Skrulls to QC any either.

Can I have yours too then? ;)

T.

T.

I usualy don't trade over the internet. Sorry.

T.

I usualy don't trade over the internet. Sorry.

Usually? I still find it hard that you post here pretty much every day but do not trust anyone enough to trade with.

You have issues dude ;)

Oh well its your loss that you are not taking advantage of one of the best resources available to you as a minimate collector, the members here.

T.

I usually don't trade over the internet. Sorry.

Usually? I still find it hard that you post here pretty much every day but do not trust anyone enough to trade with.

You have issues dude ;)

Oh well its your loss that you are not taking advantage of one of the best resources available to you as a minimate collector, the members here.

T.

I'm the same way, Trekker. How CAN you trust someone over the internet? You could all be one, huge corporate body for all I know--coercing me into handing over my address so you can hunt me down and sell me into slavery (extreme example, I know). There is, unfortunately, no reason I should believe anything any of your say. Sure, if I got a hold of Carnivore, I could probably get enough information on all of you to validate your stories--but really. As a fifteen-year old kid, I cannot practically trust any of you.

Sad but true. :(

On topic: I'm more excited about getting the characters themselves over the Skrull sides. And, I suppose, that's where this box set really hits the mark--it's got a that draw for two kinds of people; those who read the latest comics and like them, and those who don't and don't. :P

I usually don't trade over the internet. Sorry.

You have issues dude ;)

T.

I'm the same way, Trekker. How CAN you trust someone over the internet? You could all be one, huge corporate body for all I know--coercing me into handing over my address so you can hunt me down and sell me into slavery (extreme example, I know). There is, unfortunately, no reason I should believe anything any of your say. Sure, if I got a hold of Carnivore, I could probably get enough information on all of you to validate your stories--but really. As a fifteen-year old kid, I cannot practically trust any of you.

Sad but true. :(

On topic: I'm more excited about getting the characters themselves over the Skrull sides. And, I suppose, that's where this box set really hits the mark--it's got a that draw for two kinds of people; those who read the latest comics and like them, and those who don't and don't. :P

I understand that you'd need to be a little smart with handing out information on the internet BUT if you are worried about trading with someone you shouldn't be on the internet at all or even use telephones (They might be tapped) or even open the curtains or leave the house... (someone might be following you...) Yes these other examples sound extreme and stupid but seriously no worse that the not trading thing.

Of course it's a subjective thing and you have the right to do whatever you want to do or not and I'm not getting in your crap I'm just amazed you guys are such luddites! ;)

Back on Topic.... COOL thanks Mr Shiz, give me a buzz when you have heads to spare and we'll sort out something ;)

T.

p.s. Watch your back Alpheon... I'm in Portland next week... B)