UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Okay, so this family at my church that have been there for about 5 years. 4 boys, I taught the three oldest on Wednesday nights and Sunday School. They were a handful, but we had fun, and I feel I learned as much as they did. Well, their dad got a job back home in Florida, so they are moving. Saturday they had a goodbye party slash baby shower (Yay! First girl!) It was really sweet and a lot of fun.

As they were getting ready to go, I called the boys over to my car.

Me: "We've known each other for a while now, right? And I think I know y'all pretty well, wouldn't you say?"

Them: *nods*

Me: "So I got each of you something. Here is a game matching your personalaties." *hands them each an X-Box game*

Them: "Gee, Thanks, Mr Sam! Man, I wish we had a 360 or something."

Me: "Oh my gosh! I forgot. You don't have an X-Box?"

Them: "No."

Me: "...Are you sure?" *pops trunk*

Them: "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!"

And many hugz were given they day, and I am now short one Halo Edition X-Box 1. But I wouldn't trade 100 X-boxes for what I got in return. B)

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Playing CoH till it dies next week. After that... TFU looks promising if my computer will handle it. (Missed the minimum requirements for FoC by proverbial inches)

And you're a good man, Choppah-face, for a Slag spoutin' saurian.

Finally picked up my preorder for Black OPS II today, along with Halo 4 and Hitman: Absolution. Not really sure where I'm going to start between these three. Was hoping to crack one open this evening, but it turned into a long day.

I'm still very much into Borderlands 2 (On my second playthrough trying to get my siren to level 50) and also the telltale Walking dead game, it's a great game that feels way more intense than an adventure game should, I'd explain more but want to stay spoiler free! - I wonder how easy it would be for DST to get rights to make minimates of these characters as they are in the same universe as the comics.

I also just picked up X-Com, Dishonored & Forza Horizons for my 360 in the sales for about $60 combined so will be set for games over the holidays.

Lastly two games that were off my radar but have had great reviews are FarCry3 and the new Hitman game. I'd be interested to hear peoples views if/when they get to play them.

T.

1353796842[/url]' post='252011']

I'm still very much into Borderlands 2

I'm actually really back in to borderlands 2 right now. Over the last week I have played a whole bunch of the newest dlc and it's exceptional. Mr. Torgue is now one of my favorite people. Been back to farming legendary weapons and killing bosses and leveling up my other four characters now. I'm pretty sure that this is my game of the year.

Edited by The Geohound

Despite having done everything ever on BL2 on the PC (Soloing Hyperious was ... fun...) I've gone and got it again for the 360 to play with some friends.

Sign of a good game when I buy it (and the season pass) twice!

I still maintain Zer0 is the worst character by far though, especially for solo play.

I still maintain Zer0 is the worst character by far though, especially for solo play.

I disagree with this, but acknowledge your opinion as yours.

Im curious on how you handle him, last I used mine (before the CC/Bee funtime I resorted to) I was using the Sniping tree with L50 Legendary rifles and while the DPS I could put out was frankly insane he was something of a glass cannon and when solo I found the lack of vantage points coupled with volumes of enemies to be counter productive to sniping.

With every other character I could solo TM without the Bee/CC combo, Zer0 I could not. Its not like the game was harder with Zer0, just he didnt seem to be able to plough through things with the level of ease the others could.

In a group with others drawing fire Zer0 holds his own, but on my own I certainly found him lacking comparatively.

I bought and finally had time to play 007 Legends this past weekend. It's...just as bad as the reviews say. Did i enjoy playing the classic films? Sure. There were a lot of fun aspects to it. But overall the game is just bad. Skyfall was a disgrace. It really is a slap to the face of Bond fans, and a damn shame for what could have been amazing. Sigh.

I disagree with this, but acknowledge your opinion as yours.

Im curious on how you handle him, last I used mine (before the CC/Bee funtime I resorted to) I was using the Sniping tree with L50 Legendary rifles and while the DPS I could put out was frankly insane he was something of a glass cannon and when solo I found the lack of vantage points coupled with volumes of enemies to be counter productive to sniping.

With every other character I could solo TM without the Bee/CC combo, Zer0 I could not. Its not like the game was harder with Zer0, just he didnt seem to be able to plough through things with the level of ease the others could.

In a group with others drawing fire Zer0 holds his own, but on my own I certainly found him lacking comparatively.

Generally when I play with my friends I'll throw him into the sniper tree all the way and just sit back and rail on people, but when I run him solo it's more cunning/bloodshed mixed. I like sneaking around and stabbing people. Zero for me is mainly high accuracy weapons and a lot of runing around. As for the legendary Sniper rifles, I hate them all. I have a level 50 purple Jakobs that does about 35000 damage and if I am sniping that,s what I do. It makes me sad that all the orange sniper rifles are more or less garbage. I occasionally will use the Skullmasher if I need to take out something larger than a bandit, but not often. It's all about prefence and play style really. I don't much care to run head first into everything, guns blazing. I actually prefer to think about how to approach a situation which tends to put me back behind my party telling them the best ways to go at stuff and then providing heavy cover fire when they run off and don't listen and die. I can absolutely see how people wouldn't like Zero. He has very little in the way of obvious skills and buffs. For the most part to me, Zero is about finding the right combination of skills and making everything work together. Which if you never got past level 20 or so would probably be tough since you need a lot of skillpoints to make Zero really great.

• 3 weeks later...

Started playing a new phone game: Transformers Legends. Free on the Android phones. My name on there is claya653, would love to have "allies" who are actually friends, not just random people. The game? oh it's pretty standard, scan stuff, find stuff, fight people for better stuff. I'm enjoying it well enough.

I bought and finally had time to play 007 Legends this past weekend. It's...just as bad as the reviews say. Did i enjoy playing the classic films? Sure. There were a lot of fun aspects to it. But overall the game is just bad. Skyfall was a disgrace. It really is a slap to the face of Bond fans, and a damn shame for what could have been amazing. Sigh.

I really don't think anything is going to beat Goldeneye in the James Bond realm of games. Which is sad because there is SO much potential.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I just wrapped up Halo 4 yesterday and played a little multiplayer to the wee hours. Fun game and excellent graphics. The only thing that has me scratching my head is the 2nd disc. What the heck is on it? It doesn't take long for it to download and then it prompts me to put in the play disc? I assume that is disc 1? I'm debating on if I'm going to start Black OPS II or not. Might wait until tomorrow, since I'll have to stay up with the dogs until after the fireworks.

Is that to bypass not needing to play the campaign Punisher? It uploaded just fine on the upstairs console but not on the downstairs. I assume that is because I wrapped up the campaign and unlocked it on that one :mellow:

The second disc installs not only war games, but also spartan ops. It doesn't function as anything but an installer. That way you get way more content but only ever need to mange one disc if you want to play everything. It's a good idea as far as I'm concerned, though it does eat up a lot of hard drive space, especially if you install disc 1 as well.

The second disc installs not only war games, but also spartan ops. It doesn't function as anything but an installer. That way you get way more content but only ever need to mange one disc if you want to play everything. It's a good idea as far as I'm concerned, though it does eat up a lot of hard drive space, especially if you install disc 1 as well.

I hear you on the Geo. I tend to save the games on my HD, but it looks like I may need to do some cleaning up to free up some space back up. I played a little of the SO's a few nights ago, pretty fun and like the continuation of the storyline. Going to probably start playing Black OPS II once I get everyone settled. Started to play and took a bit of time to get my bearings. Hopefully I do better this go round.

Playing Skyrim.

Always Skyrim.

How many hrs so far? - I put in around 100 and stopped playing late in the summer,so am curious how many you're hitting now?

Dishonoured is the game currently clogging up the DVD on my xbox, after a looooooong stint in Borderlands 2.

I think if I can find a copy cheaply enough that Far Cry 3 will be next on my playlist.

T.