UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

I too am playing Halo 4 and it's quite spectacular. Cortana's new design doesn't sit right with me either, but the biggest gripe I have I with the grunts. Since Bungie is no longer on halo and the guy who voiced the grunts is a bungie employee, whose name I can't remember for the life of me, there is now this new odd robot bug noise thing instead of the amusement of grunts. But otherwise it's a stunning game. A lot of welcome changes have been made. The multiplayer, while it is a bit more like call of duty than before, I feel is still halo at it's core. And it's awesome. I wait anxiously for the grifball playlist to be active because the new changes to that mode are amazing and make it way more fun.

Edited by The Geohound

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speechless good or bad? I finally got around to finishing up Modern Warfare 3 and now I'm playing SW: Force Unleashed until I pick it up next Tuesday.

Good. No, incredible. 343 did such a great job. Im only about an hour into the story so far, but this is the Halo we love. Though for anyone who doesn't like Call of Duty, you won't like the multiplayer.

I have to echo Punisher's opinion, Halo 4 is amazing! Just the breath of fresh air this franchise needed, in my opinion, as ODST and Reach didn't do much for me. 343 did a great job. :thumbsup:

My only 2 gripes are Chief's voice sounds off to me, even though the same voice actor is credited, and I don't like the new design choice they went with for Cortana.

Just picked up the Anniversary version for $11. So that should tied me over until I can get 4 on payday. Glad to hear that it is a fun play. I agree about ODST, but Reach had me by the end of it. It was nice seeing the evolution of both the Spartans and Cortana. What's up with the multi-player BTW? I was kind of hoping for a little bit of a game changer compared to Reach. Really would like the maps not to be a camping paradise.

Looking to play some Rick band 2 tonight, then possibly some micro machines on the genesis or batman brave and the bold on wii.

Picked up a reto duo system not too long ago that has slots for both snes and nes cartridges. I have a lot of video game and DVD trade in stores by me so I was able to track down these classics:

NES:

Chip and dales rescue rangers

Contra

Tmnt 3

SNES:

Battletoads&double dragon

X-men

Tmnt tournament fighters

Super Mario all stars

SEGA:

Punisher

Dick Tracy

Spider-Man

Aladdin

Sunset riders

Micro machines

X-men

Lethal enforcers 2

Jurassic park

I'm an old school gamer- in a 90's kinda way. (:

Just picked up the Anniversary version for $11. So that should tied me over until I can get 4 on payday. Glad to hear that it is a fun play. I agree about ODST, but Reach had me by the end of it. It was nice seeing the evolution of both the Spartans and Cortana. What's up with the multi-player BTW? I was kind of hoping for a little bit of a game changer compared to Reach. Really would like the maps not to be a camping paradise.

Where?! How?!

I'd rank the Halo games in this order actually. Halo 1, ODST, Reach, 2, Wars, 3.

Everyone has their personal preferences, to each their own Dino ;) That's not how I'd rank em. I also liked 2 and would love for them to do another upgrade like they did with Combat Evolution. I might get around to playing the trilogy. Right now I'm playing The Force Unleashed. I forgot how buggy this can be. I still enjoy it, but it is a pain in the backside.

Picked up Saints Row The Third: Full Package this past tuesday. My friend showed it to me a month ago and I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this version of the game. I am addicted to it. 8 hours in with barely any main story done. Just havin fun!

An old friend and I were playing Halo 4 last night and we came up with an idea for a shirt. He's a huge fan of Halo and How I Met Your Mother so we put a bit of a crossover on it. Results below.

Halo-WaitForIt.jpg

And for me it would be: ODST, 4, Reach, 1, 2, 3, and never played Wars but it didn't look like my kind of game.

I just finished the Halo 4 campaign on Heroic. This was the most consistently good game in the franchise since the original. I'm going to go back to AC3 before starting Halo 4 MP.

That's probably what I should have done, but I didn't. 2 chapters of AC3 left and I'm going to have to force myself to play them.

After a few years messing with things such as OnLive (cloud gaming, good if you have the broadband but has some... problems..) and using a ton of PC games through Steam I decided the other day to get a working 360 back.

So if anyone feels like adding me, Im back on the 360 as AdyCarter

Picked up AC3 with it too, looking forward to playing it

^^The 1st Donster for me :) Finished up Force Unleashed last night, going to play the DLC missions later on down here. Started the sequel last night upstairs. While some of the graphics are improved, I was a little disappointed in seeing some of the same issues I had with the first one. Mainly the ghosting effect when you see your character from a certain angle. Still, a very beautiful looking upgrade compared to the first one. Debating on if I'm going to ask my buddy who works for Microsoft to hook me up with Halo 4 and Live sub or just try and find a deal. Has anyone seen a deal on either one? Planning on picking up Black OPS II next week. Payday and all that.

I usually buy my Xbox live sub cards off ebay, which can be dodgy, I know, but I haven't had issue with it yet. Plus you can find some awesome deals, like back in June I found an auction for a 12 month live card, a sealed copy of Mass Effect 3, a 400 microsoft point card, and a few harder to find exclusive avatar items and I won it for just under $70.

also if we're throwing out gamer tags, mine is The Geohound. Tough to figure out I know. But if anyone wants to play halo or AC3 or whatever I'm in.

Just sent most of you friend requests on the 360.

Except for Shanester as it insists he doesn't exist :/

Got mine and will accept it the next time I'm on. I was in the middle of my game and forgot to accept before I signed off last night. In the middle of Force Unleashed 2 and it is a pretty fun game, but still feels like something is missing. Hopefully I can wrap things up on this today or the next few days.

My gamertag if anyone wants to add me is PeachyRhombus, but it looks like I won't be able to play Halo 4 for a while as my game just broke today! While playing my X-Box started making an odd noise and the game froze, so I turned it off, and apparently my X-Box somehow scratched a ring around the middle of the disc. I'm trying to get a replacement through Amazon where I bought it, otherwise I'll have to buy a disc replacement through Microsoft. :confused:

First time i've ever had a game break on me, and I really hope it's a one-time incident otherwise i will be sending my X-Box in for service.

Edited by Punisher

My gamertag if anyone wants to add me is PeachyRhombus, but it looks like I won't be able to play Halo 4 for a while as my game just broke today! While playing my X-Box started making an odd noise and the game froze, so I turned it off, and apparently my X-Box somehow scratched a ring around the middle of the disc. I'm trying to get a replacement through Amazon where I bought it, otherwise I'll have to buy a disc replacement through Microsoft. :confused:

First time i've ever had a game break on me, and I really hope it's a one-time incident otherwise i will be sending my X-Box in for service.

If you do it through Microsoft they should send you a replacement no charge Punisher? I had an issue with one of my discs and called for a replacement. Amazon is probably easier though. You can contact them and tell them the disc is defective no problemo. I'm hoping to get it this week, along with Black OPS II and Hitman: Absolution. On a side note. I have some codes from Halo Combat Evolved that I don't need. Any thoughts?