UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Got Infamous 2 not too long ago. Very good so far.

Infamous 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. I am still playing minecraft 24/7. I bought Just Cause 2 on steam to play the multiplayer mod and boy was that fun! I am just starting the story of it though. I also got blacklight retrebution last night and i suck at it! though it seems like a game that would be awesome when mastered.

Is Infamous 2 one of those 'Seriously play it even if you don't like the first one because it'll change everything" games? Because if not I don't think I'm going to be trying it. I don't really like Infamous 1.

I ended up finishing the game with the good ending, so I COULD go back and play it again but I have a feeling not much of the story will change if I go the evil route. The story was good though and the game play was pretty good. Some of the missions do become repetitive, But once you start gaining more and more powers, you really do end up having much more fun with the game because you now have some many different ways to take out enemies. You start getting creative with the takedowns. Plus, there are user created missions you can do as well as the side missions.

I ended up getting it free through Playstation Plus and was able to finish it well within the 3 month subscription. Although, once my subscription runs out, I won't be able to play it but it was indeed worth the download and playthrough.

And As for right now, I'm playing LEGO Batman 2, Batman: Arkham City, still playing DC Universe Online and trying to finish Epic Mickey and a couple others I can't quite think of right now.

Edited by jcastick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have rented Arkham City and will play it tonight. I'm a very casual gamer, and get easily bored/frustrated/fed up when things become too difficult, so will probably only give it a few hours of play.

The only games I have completed in recent years have been Lego games, and that's mostly because they're set at about my level of ability/patience. 'I'm stuck, and don't know where to go, just shoot things until some building blocks appear'. If only all games were as much fun...

Arkham City is a lot of fun. Some parts are awkward, and the controls aren't always intuitive, but I've still enjoyed it. That said, in the 9 months I've had it, I've only been able to put in about 9 hours of play time. I'm really looking forward to playing Uncharted 3 when I finish AC...

The challenges are what kicked my ass on AC. I had better luck with AA myself. Still need to finish it up. Wrapped up the main storyline, but have a few things to solve.

Playing Arkham City now.....the game is great but there are parts that are slightly frustrating. Having not played Arkham Asylum, the controls for me are a bit odd and am still getting used to them. Just took on Joker and am on the 3rd portion of Catwoman's story so I'm not sure how much more story there is, but according to my save file, I'm at about 25% game completion.

I am having some trouble with some of the Riddler trophies and haven't even been into the challenges yet.

And i know I have a bunch of side quests that I still need to do....so this game is going to be quite the long playthrough for me.

I cannot even remember what percentage of the game I've finished jcastick :unsure: But it wasn't even close to 100%. This one doesn't play like AA, where you can get pretty close to wrapping up the game and challenges. I won't spoil anything for you, but there are some nice video walkthroughs for the Riddler challenges. I had to get a little assist when it came to some of them. It is a beast in some of them. Good luck.

Just finished story mode the other day and I have to say....DAMN, that was a great story!

And hell of a playthrough. Although now, I am currently at just over 40% complete.....I apparently have a WHOLE lot of Side quests, Trophies and ALL the challenges.

Yeah Don, I think I'm going to need to check a few guides on some things, some of those side quests are becoming a pain.

Arkham City was actually a lot of fun, and I could have played it for a lot longer than I did but I had to return it to the rental store.

Coincidentally my next rental was the Amazing Spider-man movie game, which I got bored of within about 20mins. It could learn so much from both Arkham games from a production standpoint. Level design, character design, voice acting (in particular), script and score were all very weak.

A hell of a lot of hard work and love went into those Arkham games....and it shows!

just started playing The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, which is very interesting and very challenging. The story is quite well thought so far however it does suffer from some occasional poor animation and regular poor voice acting. Also this is the first game i've played on the ps3 that features manual saving, which has resulted in me having to replay an entire level after forgetting to save

I never could get into those Elder Scrolls games. I played Oblivion and never got out of the dungeon. I don't get how Skyrim is so amazing.

They are tough to learn. I for one both like and dislike big (in content) games. I like them because you get a bang for your buck but I dislike them because they take so much time to finish and you can't buy all the latest releases since you haven't finished your last game.

• 1 month later...

Speechless good or bad? I finally got around to finishing up Modern Warfare 3 and now I'm playing SW: Force Unleashed until I pick it up next Tuesday.

I love Skyrim. It's so deep and I don't think that there is another game that gives you more bang for you buck, you could literally play it forever. Assassin's Creed 3 is a lot of fun. There is a mind blowing twist in the beginning of the game. I just got my assassin's robes and the hunting is fun. I haven't tried the online yet but hear it a good time too.

Speechless good or bad? I finally got around to finishing up Modern Warfare 3 and now I'm playing SW: Force Unleashed until I pick it up next Tuesday.

Good. No, incredible. 343 did such a great job. Im only about an hour into the story so far, but this is the Halo we love. Though for anyone who doesn't like Call of Duty, you won't like the multiplayer.

I have to echo Punisher's opinion, Halo 4 is amazing! Just the breath of fresh air this franchise needed, in my opinion, as ODST and Reach didn't do much for me. 343 did a great job. :thumbsup:

My only 2 gripes are Chief's voice sounds off to me, even though the same voice actor is credited, and I don't like the new design choice they went with for Cortana.