UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

I'm playing LA Noire. I am pretty happy with this game, and my gf (who is in no way a gamer) actually enjoys sitting with me while i do interrogations or scan the crime scenes and chimes in. I only wish it was longer, I played sparingly during the week and a few hours on the weekend and I am already about halfway through disc 2 of 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my roommate moved in and he has a nice big TV. I finally get to play Red Dead Redemption! Yay!

Um, how do you disarm/subdue people without killing them? I really REALLY suck at this game.

You have to have the lasso. If you have that, use it. If not, you have to kill. There's no other way to do it.

I have started LA Noire today. I... Love... This... Game. The detective work is astoundingly accurate (except when Cole takes a bit of a logic leap to crazytown when I try to call someone out on something and he goes far beyond what I wanted him to do.) And I'm not basing my knowledge of the detective work on TV as I took 3 years of law enforcement class and I have an idea on how interrogations actually go and I have processed mock crime scenes. Taking into account the differences in period and modern detective work, this is as accurate as a game can possibly get for now. It's a brain-busting good time which has yet to disappoint. I don't know if I want an actual sequel to this game in particular, but Rockstar or SOMEONE should do something like this again. It's smart, it's intense, and it's more fun that I could have imagined it being. I give this game high praise. Go play it.

I also got the game Demon's Souls today alongside LA, but have yet to start it as LA owned my afternoon.

I've mostly been failing at Terraria lately. I have been making some progress though. I finally beat the Eye of Cthulhu, who for some reason took to attacking me nightly. Burned through all my shurikens and a good chunk of my health potions, but he is dead (for now).

• 3 weeks later...

so last night i finally decided to get DCU online, having played the beta i knew what to expect but i still love the game and im excited to play all the new missions, though im having trouble finding team mates to help with missions :/ so if anyone here plays DCUO and wants to team up, shoot me a pm :D

I'm juggling about eleventy billion games right now. Too many that I've barely started or just haven't finished, so I'm trying to whittle that list down some. Doesn't help with all the Steam sales, where some game that you might see yourself playing one day is suddenly available for a limited time at $5. The list of games I have on Steam that I haven't even installed is staggering.

Oh, and I'm playing Duke Nukem Forever. While it isn't great, I'm still having some fun.

I finally got around to picking up GTAIV, but haven't broke it open yet. I have a coupon to get LA Noire and F3ar or Mortal Kombat. At least those seem the most appealing on the TRU list. Does anyone have any suggestions on which game to go with?

Well, I know I want to get LA Noire, it is the other 2 I'm not so sure which one to get?

My wife and I have been playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the Wii, and it is surprisingly good. It uses the wiimote better than 95% of the games on the system. And so far it is scarier than the SH on the 360, even though the graphics are much worse.

i just beat Lego Pirates of the Carribean, tons of fun, though the lack of cheat codes is saddening since i only have the game for a few days :P

ive been doing pretty well in DCUO, but im dreading reaching level 30 since im scared there will be nothing to do after that.

i also just downloaded the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta so ill have some fun with that :D

Still... playing... CoH... can't... seem... to... quit...

That and the other super hero based MMO's I've free trialed have had some nice features, but just aren't IMO as good in general. >shrug<

Ive been playing Infamous 2 for quite a while now.I haven't played in about 10 days,But bassically I beat the good karma and bad karma side on hard,all side missions and am looking for 5 more blast shards.I beat all the good side and side missions.But the bad side has all the powers so I have to redo all the side missions for the points and blast shard sense{cause I got my shards on bad side more than good}

Well, I have been out of the loop for quite a while, but I thought I'd stop by back and say Hi!

I've been quite busy the last two months with a lot going on personally, but I've still managed to get some game time in. Most notably I'm playing through Assassin's Creed II which I never finished. It was over 8 months since I played so I started over completely. I do LOVE that game, one of my favorites of this generation. I'm about half way done and then moving on to AC Brotherhood. I've also been playing quite a bit of Toy Story 3. I beat the game on PS3, but found it cheap for 360 and decided it's worth another play through and this time for achievements.

Outside of that I'm playing a LOT of Arcade stuff. New Pinball FX 2 tables, Trenched, Stacking DLC, MLB Bobblehead Pros, and Mrs. 'Splosion Man. Not to mention the beautiful Bastion that releases tomorrow. I gotta say, of all the "advancements" of this current generation, it's the Arcade Games that have effected me most. I have 37 games bought and played on XBLA right now and some of those, Shadow Complex/Castle Crashers/Plants vs Zombies are some of the best games of this whole generation. I'm also really looking forward to From Dust and Fruit Ninja Kinect. neo

Took a night and finished Dead Money in Fallout New Vegas. That DLC was a BITCH! Also I thought the new one, Old World Blues, was supposed to be released today on all platforms but it seems that the PS3 got skipped. Any other Vegas PS3 owners not seeing Old World Blues yet?

Has anybody played the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen game? I got a copy cheap and was wondering if I should even open it. I've heard the best part is the online mode, but I didn't know if it still had servers up on PSN or if anyone still played. Any opinions would be appreciated...

Also received Red Dead Nightmare. Read some reviews that it locks up your system. Any experience with that one?

Thanks!

Wife bought me the Captain America game. Hope it is as much fun as the trailer made it seem. Maybe this will get me off Reach for awhile and I can start playing some of the games I have stock piling in my house :whistling:

Wife bought me the Captain America game. Hope it is as much fun as the trailer made it seem. Maybe this will get me off Reach for awhile and I can start playing some of the games I have stock piling in my house :whistling:

Alright dude, let's have it. I've seen you working on this over the weekend. How is it? I went and saw the movie on Saturday and now I want to play the game, but I'm wondering it is worth it now or wait for a price drop!? neo

I think it is pretty fun. Some of his fighting style is reminiscent of how Batman fought in Arkham Asylum. The story is pretty good and hunting for the dossier can be quite fun. I'm not too far into it. I actually restarted it yesterday and might do so again, to get some of the stuff I missed. With the exception of AA, I haven't had too much experience with the superhero games, but I'd give this 5 stars. For what that's worth, since I don't tend to be as harsh as some folks when it comes to gaming. I try to find things that I'm going to play again and again. This is one I can see myself playing again and again and still finding new things. Glad you got to see the movie. Didn't get a chance to see it yet. Going to text my niece and see if she'll watch her cousin on Thursday. Since the wife is off. Otherwise I'm going by myself. I really wanted to watch this this weekend, since it was my birthday on Thursday. Unfortunately my wife had some continuing ed work related stuff on Friday. Then I had to mow the lawn on Saturday, which was getting so bad that my wife said it looked like our house had been abandoned. I didn't take that as a good sign :lol: So it would appear the fates were against me on catching the movie, glad I had the game :thumbsup:

Edited by The_Donster

Alright, I guess I'm going to have to add Cap to my list! I'm with you too Don, I'm not one of the commoners who whine about games for whatever reason. The only thing I really tend to care about is whether of not I have fun with it.

For instance, right now I'm playing between Cars 2 and Marvel Superhero Squad Infinity Gauntlet. Both are simple and I'm sure would be cassified as garbage by the average gamer, but I'm having a lot of fun with both of them. Superhero Squad is one of the funniest games that I've played recently. The voice acting is great especially Thor and Hulk. As for Cars 2, it's like Mario Kart in HD on Xbox, so there aren't many complaints there.

Anyway, I heard that Thor was practically broken in places, but if Cap is a fun, functioning game I may have to take the dive. neo