UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Oh yeah, Force Unleashed. Will Viva and LEGO Batman and October, I completely forgot about that one.

I played the Demo and it was decent. Probably more of a GameFly for me. I'm still looking for a Star Wars games that marries the Action Gameplay of Jedi Academy with the Depth and Customization of Knights of the Old Republic. However, there is a LOT of hope for the KotR 3, which is rumored to be an MMO. That may be amazing! neo

Heh, good luck. That's like finding the perfect woman (which I did and then lost her because I didn't act) If you want customization and action gameplay though, you can try Battlefront Renegade Squadron. There are no more classes in this, you make your own ultimate soldier (With some equipment limitation. Can't make it too easy.) There is no depth though. Just like the other two BF's, it's a pick up and play then put down five battles later once you've been de-stressed. Other than that, custimization is great and its action is the same as any other Battlefront game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOTs of things to touch on here.

I fall into that category of peopl who are neither as hardcore as TBT or as far right as Neo.

That means when I get around to it I'll be picking up VPinata, but am also a HARDCORE RB fan (I might go into how hardcore later). Someone mentioned how cool it would be if there was an "Ituners Video Game Store." ... Umm... Obviously we haven't played rockband?

Rock Band has a store thats updated with half a dozen songs every week. By the end of Decmber is will have reached 500 songs. Add in the 200 songs that come with RB 1 + 2 and thats 700.

This is where I haver to spit in GH's face. When it launches next month it will have 80... Opposed to 700. Though it will have bands like Michael Jackson (there you go Neo) and added gameplay which RB doesn't have I HATE a cash in. ... Which is exactly what GH is. Since Activision bought it from HArmonix (the makers of Rock Band) they've done nothing buit whore the license. When Harmonix created GH it was putting out 1 game a year.

After Activision bought it they started 2 games a year. This year 3. Next year 6. 2010 NINE. Are you kidding me!?!? That is retarded! They've already leaked info on games like GH Hendrix, but I URGE you guys:

If you're going to buy a music game do NOT support this obvious misuse of a license. If they actually make MONEY off of their 15 games in the next 2 years other companies will follow suit.

I would MUCH rather a quality game once a year than 9 piueces of crap.

I will have to say, Rock Bands model is the one to follow. Being able to import your RB1 songs into RB2 plus all the online stuff is amazing and worth the price of admission. When you can invest in a game with the trust that you are making a long time investment, it's just smart business.

HOWEVER, the Guitar Hero Guitar is better..........it's just BETTER. End of story. So, pick up Rock Band and then buy a Wireless GH: WT Guitar and it's all good. That's one cool thing about Microsoft, all Wireless controllers (and the like) are the same so they can all be used with any game. Gotta love that!

I have to say The Force Unleashed officially OWNS! Starkiller is so fun to play as. He's even better than Vader to me. The fights are badass and the story is engaging. Oh, and you force push wookies off of cliffs. Where else does that happen?

Well with my 360 off for repair I've jumped back a Gen and am playing Fable...

Must say I'm enjoying it more than I remembered, so much so that I'm considering adding Fable 2 to my must pickup list, the problem is there are already 2-3 games out next month I plan on getting already... *sighs* spoilt for choice I guess!

T.

Finally stopped playing Forced Unleashed about an hour ago and really enjoying it. Something that is tripping me out a bit, is from certain camera angles, he almost looks like a ghost. Anyone else having this problem? Wife just picked it up, so I hope it's not a bad disc.

Man, I haven't heard good things about Force Unleashed at all. The Demo was mediocre at best, but I think I'll pass on this one. I've added it to my Gamefly Q so I'll try it out and see if I like it, but I'm not holding much hope.

Yep, lots of bad reviews circulating about SW Force U. Due greatly to ther many glitches (this ones for you Donny).

As for guitar preferance, I've found it boils down to which guitar you LEARNED to play on. I've yet to see this theory disproven. I'm assuming you learned to play onm GH Neo? :P

Oh and Neo, this one's for you:

http://store.digitalpraise.com/index.asp?P...&ProdID=135

Well, my wife was nice and picked it up for me, so I'm not kicking a gift horse in the mouth :lol: As most of you know though, I'm not gamer expert, but from I've played so far, it seemed rushed. I know that they had already pushed it back by several months and wonder if they rushed things? The opening sequence with Vader makes him look like he walks and runs like a lumberjack. Anyway, had the Mrs. not gotten this, I would have most likely waited until the price came down.

Dude, you are awesome!! I've just preordered me a copy, lol. This thing looks like Crap, but I can put up with that to have this game! Too bad its for PC only, guess I'm going to have to run a PC Cable to my HDTV! neo

Dude, you are awesome!! I've just preordered me a copy, lol. This thing looks like Crap, but I can put up with that to have this game! Too bad its for PC only, guess I'm going to have to run a PC Cable to my HDTV! neo

I'll be interested to hear you review Neo... Of course you can't love it, it has ROCK in the title... ;)

T.

HaHa Timbo, You're a funny Duck! I never said all Rock is bad, it's just not the only gerne of music in the world.

The Punisher: Welcome to the big time bro. I've always been a Nintendo fanboy so I was hesitant picking up my 360. But, since it was the only console released that year, I thought what the heck. Since then, I haven't looked back. The Xbox 360 is my favorite gaming platform of all time, and the new Fall Dashboard update is going to make it even better. Here is a bit of advice since your new:

-Get online! LIVE is one of the best things that the 360 has going for it. Once you are online you need to post your gamertag back here so we can all add you. As far as games online, CoD4 is still amazing, but I would say Halo is even better. It's funny, I loved Halo 3 and when CoD came out I stopped playing Halo cold turkey. However, I grew out of my CoD phase and picked up Halo 3 again and it was love all over again. Both are great games. I would also say if you are a sports fan Madden is a must have for LIVE. And on the Arcade front, Worms and Castle Crashers are must haves!

-Check out the Arcade. We all have different opinions about the Arcade. Some people here have never owned a game. I own like 30 and I love it. The cool thing about XBLA, unlike the PSN and WiiWare, you can download a free trial of every game released. So, you never have to wonder if you will like it. Some games are truly miraculous and some are a waste of matter, but you get to be the judge. A few recommended are, as I said above, Worms and Castle Crasters. Also, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Alien Hominid, Pac Man Championship Edition, Braid, 1942, Pinball FX, and Tetris Splash! But again, look around for yourself, there are a lot of great little games to buy/play!

-Since you are coming in late, you need to review the back catalog from the first few years. Time is actually on your side because some of those games are still amazing and you can get them now for good prices. You should definitely check out Elder Scrolls: Oblivion! That game will rob your life, but it's amazing. Even with Fallout 3 due next month, it's still work playing for a first timer. Crackdown is another early game that worth a look. It's a sandbox game (ala GTA) where you play as a police officer with almost super human abilities. As you level up you can pick up cars and scale buildings in a single jump. You also see your rides evolve with your character and change right before your eyes. And there is some very fun ragdoll physics going on! Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is another great game. There are actually two games, GRAW and GRAW 2. Both are very similar and very fun. They are 3rd person Military games, so it's a nice change of pace from all the 1st person games. And finally, even though it's more recent, BioShock is a game you should check out. It's more of a 1st Person Adventure game. The draw for the game is the Narrative. You are seeing this underwater world for the first time and it's breathtaking and horrifing all at the same time.

Anyway, hope that helps, but I'm just glad you're on board. You will not regret it. Again, be sure to get us your gamertag because I'm sure everyone here will want to add you to their friend list! neo

Guitar Praise might very well be crap, but I think it's important not to undeerestimate this title.

At this point I think the thing have against them is insufficient advertising.

I don't think I'll nbe picking it up, I have too much invested in RB.

That said, 1up.com, one of the largest online videogame websites ran a story on it a few weeks ago bringing up the fact that this Christmas parents might go that way who were horrified to find their child playing Guitar alongside the devil in GH3.

My biggest complaint of course is that there is only 1 Relient K song (and not one of their really good ones).

The song by Red, however is a good payoff.

Oh! Forgot to talk about the music available in Rock Band!

Lots of folks (neo :P ) are complaining about variety, and I admit, it has been a problem... But they ARE resolving it.

They now have music from people I couldn't have predicted like Alanis Morrisette and Jimmy Buffett.

Plus they have quite a few bands that are on MY MP3 player like Dashboard Confessional, All American Rejects, PANIC at teh Disco and Plain White Tees.

Wow:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170011

I would think that non rock music would work better with "Rock Band" (despite the title) than with "Guitar Hero." For instance, I don't know of a single Jimmy Buffet song that would be worth playing with "Guitar Hero," (are there any kind solos or fancy chord progressions whatsoever in any of Buffet's music?) but if you have a singer, drummer, etc., then it might not be quite so unbearably boring.

In the Christian game, do you get to play alongside famous bible figures in face-offs like you do in GH? Maybe Moses could play the 10 Commandments sideways like the dual guitar that the Cheap Trick guy used? Would also be cool if some songs had the burning bush as the singer, if some boards had you playing aboard Noah's ark/within the stomach of Jonah's fish, etc.

LOL at karamazov. I would just LOVE to see Moses shredding a sweet old testiment Fender! HaHaHa Man, that really made me crack up. Of course, throwing something campy like that in the game would be a selling point!

As for the songs, I agree with the Reliant K, but even more there is no Third Day!?! How does that work? Third Day is one of the forefathers of Christian Rock. The cool thing is that with their "Dance Praise" game they've released several song packs. Hopefully we will see the same thing with Guitar Praise. neo

It's all these damn "kids" thinking they can "replace" Relient K with Hawk Nelson.

Times are changing. :sad:

Kam, I seriouslky laughed out loud when I read about the burning bush. :D

Actually, Jimmy Buffett has a couple songs with some pretty intense lead guitar. But you're right, better suited for a band than a loner.

Has anyone played the Fracture demo? Made by LucasArts. I enjoyed it. Some of the new weaponary seems really unique and really cool, and something so simple as altering the height of terrain really makes gameplay different. I really liked it. I think I'll pick it up a few months down the line with Force Unleashed when I can afford it after Gears and Fable.

Alright guys, two words: LEGO Batman!!

Anyone else pick it up? I got it as soon as I left work yesterday and played for several hours last night. It's great, WAY better than LEGO Indy (and I really liked LEGO Indy). I'm holding my Verdict on whether it's better than LEGO Star Wars right now, only because I haven't played a vehicle level. I'm actually having more fun with the standard levels then I had with Star Wars. And it's kinda cool it's not based off of any movies because it gives you more variety and a Comic Book feel. The one MAJOR draw to the Star Wars games though was the great vehicle levels. They didn't have any of that in Indy, but you can clearly see 10 or more vehicle shadows that are unlockable from the menu, so I know there is some vehicle stuff to do. If they pull of the vehicle stuff good, this may be the best LEGO game yet! I'll try to come up with a mini review after I've played a little more, but for now I'm loving it. Can't wait to get home tonight and play some more!!!

Also, on a side note, I got my confirmation email that Guitar Praise has shipped and I should have it around Friday. This will be an interesting review to say the least, but I'll let you guys know how it is once I get it. neo

I picked up the PS3 version of Lego Batman yesterday, and I'm having fun with it. It's refreshing playing a mostly original Lego game instead of trying to squeeze humor into the Star Wars or Indy mold. Still, it does have some undertones of the Batmovies and a bit of hinting at the cartoons as well. No clue about the comic aspect though, since I don't read them. I've only just completed the hero and villain versions of the Riddler chapter, and I think I like the villain side a bit more, though the "bad" guys are a bit more generic than the "boss battle at the end of every level" that the hero side has.

It's a bit more puzzling figuring out the different abilities you'll need in the free play portion of the story, since there are a great many of them, but that adds fun to the game. My only real complaints are that the partner AI still needs improvement at times, and the occasional area where you get an endless swarm of bad guys can be a pain when you're just short of the total stud count or trying to build/do something else. And it would have been nice if Batgirl and Nightwing had a more significant role in the story than just being Batman and Robin replacements.

I agree on the Nightwing part. He is probably my favorite DC Hero ever. I really wish he played a more important part, but it's all good thanks to free play! :)

One thing I do with they would change. I wish I could pick the character that I want as my "Favorite". For instance, every time I boot up LEGO Batman I'm Batman (with Robin). That's not bad, because Batman is awesome. But everytime I boot up LEGO Star Wars I'm Qui Gon (with Obi Wan) - NOT AS COOL!! I like how on Madden you get to choose your favorite team at the beginging of the game and they use that to change your background and stuff. It would be cool to be able to choose your favorite Character from the game and always start the game as that person, rather than having to run around and HOPE they show up sooner or later. Again, this doesn't effect the game being cool at all, just something I would have liked to see! neo

I wish you could pick your player 2 character when doing freeplay on single player. Doesn't really matter a great deal in the long run, but it does make a difference when you're trying to make it through a level on a time limit. When I was collecting blue mini-kits for the Complete Saga, I had a team of 4Lom (or whatever the robo bounty hunter is called) and Darth Vader, since it got me the abilities of both droids, the bounty hunter, the blaster/grapple gun, light saber, force, imperial, and dark force. So, unless I needed R2 to fly across a gap, or a midget to get through a tunnel, I could just jump back and forth from the first two slots. But, if the computer uses whoever was in the slot, it screws up the team, since you're saddled with Obi-Wan from the start, or whoever was last used when you finished a level.

I wish you could pick your player 2 character when doing freeplay on single player. Doesn't really matter a great deal in the long run, but it does make a difference when you're trying to make it through a level on a time limit. When I was collecting blue mini-kits for the Complete Saga, I had a team of 4Lom (or whatever the robo bounty hunter is called) and Darth Vader, since it got me the abilities of both droids, the bounty hunter, the blaster/grapple gun, light saber, force, imperial, and dark force. So, unless I needed R2 to fly across a gap, or a midget to get through a tunnel, I could just jump back and forth from the first two slots. But, if the computer uses whoever was in the slot, it screws up the team, since you're saddled with Obi-Wan from the start, or whoever was last used when you finished a level.

I believe you're thinking of IG88, but there are two robo bounty hunters.

So is Batman better than Indiana Jones? I actually skipped Indy to get Batman, so it better be!

Lego Batman! Although, i am kinda depressed. I can't seem to find out how to beat Freeze of level 2. Any thoughts? And how did the inclusion of

Hush

slip by us?

Oh, and on a side note, it has been unofficially declared that in 2009 we get sets for

Man-bat and Mad-hatter/Firefly/Hush (all in one!)

. Looking forward to it being true, but i'd rather have

clayface and Ra's

Edited by Twisted Two-Face