UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

OK, couple of things.

First, let me say Thank God for Demos!!! I downloaded the Demo for ModNation Racers last night. I have been pumped for this game for months now. I have it already paid for and reserved at GameStop. What's the problem? The game controls are horrible!!! I spent the first hour with the game last night designing my first guy, kart, and track. All of it was super cool even with the limited selection in the demo. If the game would just stop there I would be sold. The problem was that after I finished customizing I went to race and it all went downhill from there (pun intended!). I felt my self swerving back and forth like a cross eyed moron. I could not stay on the road to save my life. I thought it may just take a while. I did four races and it never got better. The controls were TOO sensitive, just barely pushing the stick to the side you do almost a 90 degree turn into the wall. It's really that bad. Then, to top it off, in a game that's all about customization, at the option menu there is NO option to change the control scheme to the D-Pad or change the sensitivity. Well, I said all of that to say this game has went from an already paid for BUY to a depressing SKIP for me.

And that brings me to point #2. I now have money to spend on another game. At this point my eyes are on Red Dead, but I have a couple of questions for the chaps who seems to already have it. I've never played GTA just due to content with no filters. While I know that Red Dead doesn't have filters either, can someone comment on the content so far. Just how bad is it really in the areas of blood and language? This is not a end all issue for me, but it is an issue. I love the ability of games like Assassin's Creed that let you turn the blood off, but I've went down this topic before so I'll stop before I get out of control. Basically I'm just asking for some Feedback because I'm thinking of swinging by and picking up the same tonight.

neo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me know when you are on and your Live username & we can go from there :)

T.

OK. Thanks TBT! I haven't played much online at all, so I am a complete noob when it comes to such things.

OK, couple of things.

First, let me say Thank God for Demos!!! I downloaded the Demo for ModNation Racers last night.

Thanks for informing me that the demo is out for the ps3,I am downloading it now,I don't care if the drifting is bad,but all i want to do is create a track,kart,mod sure you can create a track in the psp demo but i don't get to create a mod or kart.

EDIT:So I finished the demo about 2 hours ago,THE DEMO SUCKS!You can't even use your kart or mod in a race!The track editor is good but that is the only good thing about the demo.Complete waste of time.

Edited by darkredshdow

I'm with you on the Pokemon MN Iceman, but my SoulSilver has collected quite a bit of dust ever since I bought CoD 4 for PS3. I'm hopelessly addicted to the online battles!

Anybody have Red Dead Redemption for PS3? I was thinking about picking it up, but it looks like the 360 guys are gettin' all the posse...

I beat Splinter Cell: Conviction today and I really liked it. They tweaked the gameplay a little adding an execute system where you mark some enemies and press the Y button and Sam pops up and kills them instantly. Sam Fisher is bad ass as ever. This may be my favorite of the series.

I picked up Red Dead last night. After ModNation completely failed I desided to explore my dark, more mature side, and pick up a Rockstar game (That's for you Nestle ;) ). I picked it up for 360 devil. Problem is, if there is a game that I'm ever going to play online that's Multi-Platform the 360 will always get my money. Live is just that much better!

As for the Posse, I haven't even started the game yet, but I'm ready. We need to schedule an actual time that we will all be on together and actually get a good match going. Let's figure this out boys! Ye-Haw!! neo

Edited by neolego

Sorry to double post, but I played a bit of Red Dead last night and holy cow.....it was Fantastic!! I've never played a Rockstar Game before. I cannot stand the GTA series and refused to ever pay for such trash. However, I went on a limb to pick up Red Dead and I'm not disappointed. I'm only an hour or so in but this game is completely amazing! It looks great and the controls are really tight. I've had a few small issues, but nothing that would keep me from putting this in my Top 10 games list right now! If you don't have this I can't recommend enough that you play it. We really need to get a Posse going guys. Let's get organized!

On another note, IGN reviewed Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii today. They gave it a perfect 10......I do believe that's the first of this generation, but for sure it's the first on the Wii. It's going to be a busy weekend between Red Dead and Mario......not to mention the 2 1/2 hours of LOST :). Bring on 5pm!!! neo

Sorry to double post, but I played a bit of Red Dead last night and holy cow.....it was Fantastic!! I've never played a Rockstar Game before. I cannot stand the GTA series and refused to ever pay for such trash. However, I went on a limb to pick up Red Dead and I'm not disappointed. I'm only an hour or so in but this game is completely amazing! It looks great and the controls are really tight. I've had a few small issues, but nothing that would keep me from putting this in my Top 10 games list right now! If you don't have this I can't recommend enough that you play it. We really need to get a Posse going guys. Let's get organized!

On another note, IGN reviewed Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii today. They gave it a perfect 10......I do believe that's the first of this generation, but for sure it's the first on the Wii. It's going to be a busy weekend between Red Dead and Mario......not to mention the 2 1/2 hours of LOST :). Bring on 5pm!!! neo

Actually...GTA IV got a 10 from IGN ;)

Not sure how you can qualify GTA as trash if you've never played it, it's the same discussion we always have about you and your double standards :)

Anyways I will be on later today/this evening if anyone want's to posse up and take on some gangs etc. my Live name is thatbloketimbo but let my know who you are as I ignore friend requests if I have no idea who they are!

Oh and on an unrelated note... EVERYONE should go check out googles main page today, they often change their logo for special events or occasions but today they have a totally playable version of pacman as their logo...

T.

Actually...GTA IV got a 10 from IGN ;)

I stand corrected. I do know it's the first on the Wii though. I can't wait :D!

Not sure how you can qualify GTA as trash if you've never played it, it's the same discussion we always have about you and your double standards :)

I don't want to start this argument again, but it's not a double standard dude. I just don't like to support with my hard earned money things that I don't agree with. From what I've read and been told there are a lot of drugs involved, pimping hookers, etc. That's just not my cup of tea. And I know, there are whores in Red Dead, but so far they haven't been around much and I haven't had to interact or even be close to any of them. Again, that's just how I feel! And, on a final note, I do still wish there was a blood filter because it's pretty bloody. That's my favorite thing about Assassin's Creed, it's a super violent game but they still give you option to loose the blood and I love them for that :P.

neo

I downloaded the demo for MNR but I haven't played it yet. I'd imagine either you get used to the controls, or the final version should have a way to configure them.

Anybody have Red Dead Redemption for PS3? I was thinking about picking it up, but it looks like the 360 guys are gettin' all the posse...

Don't have it yet, but its on my list and it'll be for PS3.

From what I've read and been told there are a lot of drugs involved, pimping hookers, etc. That's just not my cup of tea. And I know, there are whores in Red Dead, but so far they haven't been around much and I haven't had to interact or even be close to any of them. Again, that's just how I feel! And, on a final note, I do still wish there was a blood filter because it's pretty bloody.

I think you are overestimating the "evilness of GTAIV" having actually played the game I'd say the level of hooker interaction is pretty much about the same as RDR, The language & levels of violence in RDR are as bad as GTAIV if not worse IMO.

As for things being bloody, well if you kill something it's bloody, If you skin it then things get really messy it's just the way things are in real life.

As you say we've been over this a bunch of times and we both have different views of the world, so how about we agree to disagree, sadle up and go explore the west together!

T.

Timbo, what time zone are you in? When do you normally get on? I saw you on last night just as I got on, but they it looked like you were getting off. It's Friday night, no work tomorrow. I'll probably spend the early evening with my kids, but after bedtime it will be on! neo

Timbo, what time zone are you in? When do you normally get on? I saw you on last night just as I got on, but they it looked like you were getting off. It's Friday night, no work tomorrow. I'll probably spend the early evening with my kids, but after bedtime it will be on! neo

I'm Pacific time and I quit fairly early yesterday because I had to be up stupid early!

Just working on mirroring/replacing the HD in my laptop and I'll be around!

T.

I was planning to get RDR tomorrow morning. I imagine I'll need a couple of days to get acclimated, but I am up for some... horse...play... See what I did there?! :P

Look for me if you are playing it.

So.. Neo what happened?

I had all sorts of fun cowboy based shinanigans with another member waiting for you to show up...

But you logged on for about 30 seconds then dissapeared!

Maybe next time!

T.

i dont know if this is the best place to ask this but i purchased littlebigplanet in november(ive been laying it scines greta game) but im stuck on one level and ive been stuck there for over a month,normally id want to beat it myself but by now i just want it overwith so i can get on with the rest of the game. if anyone one can help please pm me.

p.s. the level is "the bunker" in the wilderness section

So.. Neo what happened?

I had all sorts of fun cowboy based shinanigans with another member waiting for you to show up...

But you logged on for about 30 seconds then dissapeared!

Maybe next time!

T.

Ah, don't get me started :)! I come home to my daughter's cousin over for a slumber party. So, my living room has been overrun by girls painting toe nails and watching a movie. Then, my wife had a great idea to put their pallets on the living room floor so they could sleep. I went to be at 9:30pm last night.......9:30pm on a FRIDAY NIGHT with Red Dead sitting in my disc tray. Let's just say I didn't sleep peacfully!!

Normally my kids are in bed no later than 8am (Central) and with LOST going off I don't really watch any other television, so you should be seeing my on quite a bit more. We will saddle up, you have my word on that!!

neo

The cougars in Red Dead Redemption are relentless. I ran into a pack/pride/whatever of them and they killed Gluestick in one hit. I was able to fend off the first wave, but they just kept coming. I must have downed 10 of them before a couple got up behind me and finished me off.

RDR is a cool game, but I am still figuring things out. I don't transition well from one games control structire to another, so I gotta take it slow. I think that once I get around single player confidently, I will be better suited for multi. There are just so many guns and ways of doing things, it is a lot to take in.

MW2 is still my game. I am not great at it, but I enjoy it when there isn't some a-hole or whinning kid in my ear.

hey i know everyone here is all hung up on redead and mw2(and possibly modnation racers come tomorrow) but is anyone excited for little big planet 2 (cause i am) and so can anyone help me unlock EVERYTHING if you can help my username is undeadpool123

hey i know everyone here is all hung up on redead and mw2(and possibly modnation racers come tomorrow) but is anyone excited for little big planet 2 (cause i am) and so can anyone help me unlock EVERYTHING if you can help my username is undeadpool123

Did you mean in LBP1 or 2, because 2 doesn't come out until winter. Either way, I can probably help in some way.

PSN: drgnrbrn316

And yes, I'm excited about LBP2. I drove to all the Gamestops in Greenville to find the Game Informer magazine that had the first look at the game. I think the Sackbots are the big thing for me right now.

Since I now found out what happened to all my game saves on my PC (And recovered all of them) I'm back to playing Oblivion for about the 60,000th time. All I have left is the Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles and I don't think I'm gonna do Shivering Isles.

And for some reason I have the strangest desire to start Batman: Arkham Asylum again. probably has something to do with it being GODLY!