What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well guys, I finally got my PSPGo for my B-Day!!

96574607.png

I've downloaded Disgaea 1, Final Fantasy VII, and Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon. So far so good. I LOVE the Go, much more than even I thought I would. I'm still a little disappointed with the lack of support on the PSN, but that will improve. My biggest complaint is Sony's high demands keeping App Store games off the PSN. They launched the PSP Minis, but they are all completely lame. I would easily pay for Plants vs Zombies or Zenonia or Assassin's Creed II: Discover, or N.O.V.A., or even Baseball Superstars 2010. However, we don't get anything close to that quality from their "Mini" line. I hope that changes in the future. In the meantime, I'm enjoying some fun on the PSPGo for now. neo

I'm really looking forward to Heavy Rain, but I just can't shell out a full $60 for it right now. I may pick it up in a month or so if I can get enough money, but it will be a MUST BUY when it drops to the $30 range, probably by the holiday. And, just so we understand that math, Nintendo did just announce Mario Galaxy 2 for May and Metroid the Other M for June, both are must buy games, so I have to be cautious! :)

On another note, I'd like to give the iPhone some love. Today is a HUGE App day for anyone that is paying attention. First off, I've been investing most of my time in Plants vs. Zombies (probably the best iPhone game yet) and Assassin's Creed II: Discovery. However, today we see 3 Top Rate releases in the remakes of Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II along with Transformers: Awakening.

The first two games probably need little introduction. They are the classic JRPG games that build the Final Fantasy empire. They are updated with fantastic graphics, new content and best of all redesigned controls to take full advantage of the iPhone's touch screen. If you are a JRPG or Final Fantasy fan these are MUST BUY games! And for $8.99 why wouldn't you!!

The latter, Transformers: Awakening, has been a hugely plesant suprise. It's a Strategy RPG game. For those that are not familiar, Popular examples of SRPG games are Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, Advanced Wars, and Disgaea just to name a few. Basically, it's a turn based battle grid where you work to elimiate the bad guys on a map by using your resources and strategy. What's fantastic about the game is that it's based on G1 characters. It has a Cell Shaded art style that makes the bots look like they stepped out of my 1980s memories! You can transform to vehicle mode to move longer distances but in vehicle mode you are vunerable to attacks and can't defend yourself, so there is quite a bit of strategy mixed it. Advanced Wars is my favorite handheld game of all time (starting on the GBA through the DS) and this game plays like Advanced Wars with HUGE robots. It's fantastic.

So, there you go, anyone with an iPhone should be on the lookout. These are a few of the best games I've ever played on the platform. They are touch screen based so no shody virtual controls to worry about. They look great and have huge depth. The iPhone is quickly becoming my favorite handheld system of all time. More solid releases like this in the coming months and there will be no question! neo

I was off of my PS3 when it first started happening, then learned about it before I ever logged back in, so I seem to have dodged the bullet.

My brother left his on for the entire day it was supposed to be out of commission, and doesn't seem to have any ill effects, so his may not have been affected.

I FINALLY got Arkham Asylum. Had to wait for the PC version and even then waited until I could get it cheaper. It was 12 bucks at Target on clearance

And I also got the PC Ghostbusters game (Target. 5 bucks. Clearance) because it looks different from the Wii version and I want the full experience.

Edited by Trekker 42

I was browsing the xbox live marketplace, and I cam across a question. For the "games on demand" ( downloadable games) most of the titles have a cash value instead of an amount of microsoft points that the item is worth. Does anybody know if you can pay for those games with micrsoft points, and if you can't, than what does the game say upon the billing of the credit car, for example does it say: Mass Efect-$19.99, or does it say Games on demand game (or something like that) X$ and X cents??? All help would be appreciated.

Also on a note of retail games, has anybody gotten the new Bad Company 2 game, s it better than Call of Duty MW2?

Also on a note of retail games, has anybody gotten the new Bad Company 2 game, s it better than Call of Duty MW2?

It's different!

I love the game but it needs a different mindset, things are more open and there is a lot more scope for doing things your way rather than flat out run and gun infantry combat. The vehicles and destruction make for a very different game. Also be prepared to get owned a lot to start as you have minimal kit and it feels different to COD aiming needs to be more precise!

I know that Doc and one or two others from here have it and might like to chip in with their thoughts?

T.

I played the online demo of BC2 and definitely agree with TBT. It's definitely a different mindset and you have to be a little more stealthful in your actions. I seemed to be constantly having my hat handed to me no matter what team I was on at first. I got a little better about sneaking about and I think the more precise aiming gives it a more realistic feel than MW. That being said, I've only played the demo and probable won't pick up the actual game for awhile. I've gone back and started playing Lego Star Wars again. Once I'm done there I'm going to play Lego Batman. Then it should be Harry Potter Lego time once I'm done there. I'm kind of burnt out for the moment on shooter games and just looking to have a little fun for the moment.

With music games at the end of their lifespan, someone needed to do something revolutionary to save them. Most people, of course expected Harmonix to step up and change it, since they had done it twice already. (First by CREATING the genre with Guitar Hero and second by evolving it with other instruments in Rock Band) They officially announced RB3 yesterday and we know they plan on making this the game where the change the genre again... But they haven't announced how that is yet.

Surprisingly, a new competitor also announced their game yesterday... And, well, it certainly has the ability to reinvent the genre without Harmonix' say.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1075750p1.html

Poor Activision. :( Until these other companies figure out what happening with music games they can't rip them off and cash in on the idea.

So, thoughts? A game that will actually teach you the guitar?