UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Nestle', there is in the multiplayer of ODST. Well, I finally killed RAAM in GOW and was pretty shocked. Just like the first time, I was surprised :D Hopefully this console doesn't die like the last one did once I've done this. Question, was there supposed to be some bonus in beating him, either in this or the 2nd one? More than ever I want that Kim vs RAAM set. So how long do you guys keep games on your hard drive? Just curious, since I'm considering deleting some when I wrap them up.

Don, while there IS multiplayer in ODST, the game uses the framework H3 does for the campaign mode, mean there is no matchmaking. MAtchmaking will pick people for you to play with. You can only play ODST with people either you know or someone who's a friend of a friend of yours. That's where my joke came in when I said your friends must be douche bags. This, however , is a perfect example of how jokes aren't funny when you explain them. :(

I've aalso been play ME2. I love the concept that your save file carries accross all three games and that I'm litterally writing my version of the universe. My friends and I are constantly comparing with one another what our universes are like. It's really cool.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Bioshock.......still have to play that one either! I don't know what I have been doing the last few years. I've started putting a list together a few months ago and realized that I completely fell off the face of the earth for a while! Here is what I've missed:

-Assassin's Creed (Did beat this in December 09 though, finally)

-Bioshock

-Mass Effect (Currently Playing)

-Uncharted

-The Orange Box

*My playlist for 2007 was Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and LoZ: Phantom Hourglass

-Metal Gear Solid 4

-Prince of Persia

-Fallout 3

*My playlist was Call of Duty WaW, Braid, LEGO Batman, and LittleBigPlanet

-Borderlands

-Killzone 2

-Uncharted 2

-Mass Effect 2

-Bioshock 2

*My current playlist is Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed II, Madden10, LoZ: Spirit Tracks, ACII (iPhone). On a side note, I also have Darksiders and The Orange Box waiting, but I'm going to finish ME and ACII first. Then, I'm going to start back on my list and slowly take this games down, one by one. I just can't believe I've missed such good games, maybe I was just broke, I don't remember, lol. neo

Edited by neolego

Neo, ME2 is CONSIDERABLY improved over #1. Especially the combat. Going back to the first one is difficult for me to even consider. That said I do encourage you to continue playing because of the fact that you can carry all your decisions over to the new one and the story is still very involving and characters like Saren are so damn cool.

Having not played the first one in so long it's hard to remember a lot of things they reference in #2.

Thanks for the tip Nestle. I'm kind of a stickler for "playing the original". Hence why I went back and beat Assassin's Creed before getting into ACII and why I'm playing Mass Effect now and why next on my list is BioShock and Uncharted. All the hype around ACII and how much better it was (and is) was great, but I still feel the need to play the first game, espcially in something like AC or ME where you are playing as part of a narrative that is bigger than just the one game!

I just became a Spectre in ME and am searching for the Blue bad guys daughter (sorry, I'm still learning the races). Can you give me an idea on about how long the game is? I'm not too interested in a bunch of the side quests and I am really pushing forward so I can get to ME2. neo

I'm still not done the first one, but I picked up my pre-order for BioShock 2. The special edition is HEAVY, but full of some great goodies.

I listened to the BS2 OST on my way home and absolutely loved it. Dad and I are going to setup our record player to listen to the BS1 OST vinyl tomorrow.

The art book is beautiful! It's full of great background information and beautiful character designs/displays in the different art styles they use throughout Rapture. If you're a fan of the style, it's worth picking up the special edition for that alone.

As for the first game, I'm up to Hephaestus as of last night. Oddly enough, all of the Little Sisters for that level spawned within 5 seconds of eachother. Made for some interesting encounters.

Well I finished ME2 last night. Wow. The tail end of that game is epic.

I LOVED it!

It's so cool that ANYONE can die in the second game. Depending on what decisions you make any character can die... Including you. You can sacrifice yourself or any crewmember.

I made it through with the "no one left behind," meaning none of the major characters died. (It's impossible to make it through with ALL your crew... Which is sad since I saw one of my favorites get liquified before my eyes.... EWWWWW.)

Neo, don't feel obliged to do all the side quests. While my memory isn't that great since I haven't play #1 in a long time I'm pretty sure most of tkhe plot points carried over into #2 are story. You'll get bonuses for being a higher level and stuff, but don't get too worked up about it. If you're getting bored of ME just finish it. ME2 is a FAR superior game and it would suck if you couldn't appreciate it after playikng too much of the first one.

Damnit! Now I have to wait 2 years again for #3! :angry:

After diving back into Rapture I find myself mildly... underwhelmed. Subject Delta isn't nearly as interesting as Jack is, Rapture isn't as much of a mind-blowing shock as it was, and many enemies remain the same.

That is, until I meet Big Sister. And friends, that first Big Sister fight does NOT diappoint.

I LOVED it!

It's so cool that ANYONE can die in the second game. Depending on what decisions you make any character can die... Including you. You can sacrifice yourself or any crewmember.

I made it through with the "no one left behind," meaning none of the major characters died. (It's impossible to make it through with ALL your crew... Which is sad since I saw one of my favorites get liquified before my eyes.... EWWWWW.)

Neo, don't feel obliged to do all the side quests. While my memory isn't that great since I haven't play #1 in a long time I'm pretty sure most of tkhe plot points carried over into #2 are story. You'll get bonuses for being a higher level and stuff, but don't get too worked up about it. If you're getting bored of ME just finish it. ME2 is a FAR superior game and it would suck if you couldn't appreciate it after playikng too much of the first one.

Borderline SPOILERS!!! DAMN YOU NESTLE!!!!

This ones so new that a lot of folks are still rounding up crew and doing the missions to get them loyal to you!

T.

And friends, that first Big Sister fight does NOT diappoint.

Glad to hear. :) I've seen a few videos and it looks absolutely astonishing!

I beat Dante's Inferno last Sunday, I'm waiting to get ff13 then GoW3 then Heavy Rain. I still need to start (past 1st level) of MGS4.

To Brobotc,

Good luck with unlocking them. It took me a while, but they're worth it. I love that game so much, I can't wait for SSF4.

Edited by RaginCajun713

I've been playing a lot of Fallout 3 (DAMN THAT GAME IS ADDICTIVE!) and Uncharted, But I've been playing more of the first Bioshock because soon my girlfriend will be getting me the second (Which I can't wait for.).

How is Uncharted, I've heard nothing but good things about it, but I can't bring myself to play it.

I LOVED it!

Borderline SPOILERS!!! DAMN YOU NESTLE!!!!

This ones so new that a lot of folks are still rounding up crew and doing the missions to get them loyal to you!

T.

Well WOW. Is all I can say. Turns out I didn't "Borderline Spoil" as much as Tim or I thought:

I was wrong. You CAN save everyone! I was under the impression that I had completed the game as well as possible. Turns out I didn't. Damnit! I guess I'll be playing ME2 through again. I'll probably take a break, but more than anything this makes me love the game more. They were right when they said it would be hard to keep everyone alive! Even a completist like myself failed.

For those of you who ahve skipped this game, do yourselves a favor and rent it. If it weren't for the stupid planet scanning this game might get a perfect score from me. :P

Uncharted is great, but Uncharted 2 is AMAZING. Especially the online multiplayer.

I'll have to try it out. I'm gonna be at a loss for money so it'll be tight getting the games I want. But I still have MGS4 that I haven't gotten through, I just need to bring myself to play again.

Uncharted 2 needs to be at the top of your list. Great story mode and great multiplayer.

After trading in a few games last night, I was able to get CoD MW2 for 2 dollars. Of course, now I can't get this out of my head.

Uncharted 2 is a god of video gaming. Really is. Right now I'm playing Fallout 3, because I was always a HUGE fan of Oblivion. I'll probably get Bioshock 2 soon. I love Bethesda, if you can't tell.

I should also give a shout out to the PS3 version of Ghostbusters. If you enjoyed the movies, you'll certainly enjoy the game.