UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

OK, going to eat a little bit of crow and say I am enjoying the multiplayer. I went to put the game in my nightstand at around 11 or so, but decided to give this a whirl. I'm up to PV2 and had to leave basic training. Unfortunately one of the dogs decided he needed to go out. Anyway, might play this tomorrow or the next day and see where I go from here. This at least makes up for the campaign for me, even if I'm for crap on it :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got my second legit nuke on MW2 :) ! My first was on free for all on underpass and this one was team deathmatch on Afghan I tell you, you get a harrier on that map and you're set. It's probably not a big deal to alot of you but, I had to tell somebody my girlfriend doesn't really seem to care.

I just got my second legit nuke on MW2 :) ! My first was on free for all on underpass and this one was team deathmatch on Afghan I tell you, you get a harrier on that map and you're set. It's probably not a big deal to alot of you but, I had to tell somebody my girlfriend doesn't really seem to care.

Good job Wallbreaker! - Not sure I'll ever get to Nuke killstreaks! I play almost entirely Hardcore mode and it seems to be less streaky than Reg. I am slowly raising my K/D (It's currently at 1.27), it's sort of a game I have that I want to be higher than Shane by the time I get to the same level he's at!

As for your G/F you should be happy she doesn't just roll her eyes everytime you play...

T.

I just tried playing multiplayer on MW2 and I'll admit that I'm lost :blush: I'll give it another go later tonight. Quick question, my headphones seem to work for crap? Is this the general experience and is it even worth getting the wireless sets? I noticed on Halo that no one could hear me and it looks to be the same on MW2. I tested it out by sending a voice text and it worked fine. Anyone know where the solution? I've looked at just about everything and can't figure it out.

I just tried playing multiplayer on MW2 and I'll admit that I'm lost :blush: I'll give it another go later tonight. Quick question, my headphones seem to work for crap? Is this the general experience and is it even worth getting the wireless sets? I noticed on Halo that no one could hear me and it looks to be the same on MW2. I tested it out by sending a voice text and it worked fine. Anyone know where the solution? I've looked at just about everything and can't figure it out.

It could be something as simple as it not being plugged in through you having your volume turned down or the mike switched to mute?

I know those sound uber simple but.. I've seen it happen.

It might be something like your NAT isn't set to open. The easiest way to check NAT is when you are playing MW2 and go to live it will show you your NAT status. fixing it is a little more complex. ( if that's the case send me a PM and we'll work something out)

The last answer could be that well people are just not responding to you, Live is full of total muppets who I really wouldn't give the time of day to in the real world!

As for being lost... stick with it, you'll get better and settle, it's the only way to learn is to get thrown in the deep end.

T.

@ TBT about the mic I was playing GoW2 and I was asking a question and no one was answering me I was starting to get a little angry than I realized my mic was switched off :blush:

@ Don about Mw2 online the first thing that will help you is figuring out the maps if you were so inclined you could go to system link and than create a game and just waunder around the map by yourself I've done it a few times on maps I couldn't find my way around. The other thing that will really help you is figuring out spawn points this is particularily helpful with team games because they spawn in groups if you play your cards right you can take out a whole team.

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

Well I have decided to get a new game soon and I think it's gonna be The Orange Box. Good call?

Also I wanted to chime in about online. I decided to try playing online once. I am not that great. So I started playing, 3 minutes in the other guys got pissed, called me an idiot, and I decided that I'm better off on my own. So I left. Haven't played online since.

It might be the NAT issue TBT, since I sent off a voice text. Honestly, it might be more trouble than it"s worth, since all I want to do is yell orders when playing in teams. I had some douche who kept shooting me on ODST on my team, so I shot him and got a warning for my troubles :rolleyes: I'm going to start with MW2 multi tomorrow. Spent the day running some errands and just bushed. However if anyone wants to send me an invite, just send me a message ;)

OK, please tell me that ODST is going to pick up speed soon Neo? I can't remember which chapter it is, but it's right after Mickey and Dutch link up and I am bored out of my skull. I've started to figure out some minor things and did enjoy kicking ass in the multiple vehicles, but trying to locate the beacons can be mind numbing at times. Are the beacons the last thing the previous chapter person touched last or is there a clue to the whereabouts somewhere I'm missing? I enjoyed 3, but I'm just not feeling this one and a little bummed about that. Halo Wars was a little like this for me too.

I was pretty much bored to death playing ODST. It was pretty much go from point A to point B and kill anything in-between, have a flashback, then backtrack through ares you have already been to, and repeat it over and over. I did not care for this game at all.

Added you to the list Wallbreaker. Wife's a little under the weather, so I might not be on asap. I want to do a mission or 2 on the regular game to get back up to speed on things before I try mult again. I need to make sure I'm up to speed before joining some of you guys :) Crippler, yeah, it was definitely a rinse and repeat type of game. I think it was the voice acting that helped, otherwise it would have been a run of the mill game for me and I'm a amateur when it comes to gaming compared to you guys. At least with Batman AA and RE5 the stories were compelling enough to keep the repetition at a minium. I have to wonder about the future of Halo and Bungie for that matter, if they keep putting out lackluster games like this.

It might be the NAT issue TBT, since I sent off a voice text. Honestly, it might be more trouble than it"s worth, since all I want to do is yell orders when playing in teams. I had some douche who kept shooting me on ODST on my team, so I shot him and got a warning for my troubles :rolleyes: I'm going to start with MW2 multi tomorrow. Spent the day running some errands and just bushed. However if anyone wants to send me an invite, just send me a message ;)

Ummm... Don... Since there's no matchmaking for ODST... Does that mean that "douche" is a friend of yours? :P

I recently started playing BioShock for the first time. I avoided it for awhile after watching a friend played-- it actually kind of scared me. Still does. It's fun, though.

Maybe it's late, but I can't decide if your busting my balls or can't understand where I'm coming from? I was playing multiplayer on ODST and one of my team mates kept shooting me :down: Not sure what his problem was, but once I killed him I got a warning for my troubles. I did get to ban someone who betrayed me a few nights later, so it all worked out. TBT, I sent you a pm and haven't heard back. Hope everything is cool.

As far as my headphone issues, a buddy of mine said I need to set this up before going Live, how do I do that? Just curious, since I don't remember it on the set up. I'm also curious about hooking up the media center extender, but not sure if I need a wireless adapter for the computer or to allow a few things on my firewalls? Alright, it's been a long day and I'm going to need some extra coffee tomorrow....errr...today :confused:

Well, I finally beat Assassin's Creed last night. I have to say it was an awesome game that I will revisit in the future. I can't believe that I missed it the first time around. I have several questions but I don't want to leave spoilers here. I don't know that I really understanding the ending with Altair. But I love how the game ended looking forward to II.

As for what's next. I have The Orange Box, Mass Effect, Darksiders, and Assassin's Creed II all waiting to be played. I honestly don't know where to start. All 4 are pretty massive games and I don't like to play more than maybe two at a time, but mostly just one at a time. I like to get lost in that world and focus on beating that one game rather than try to juggle several at a time, but that's just me. Anyway, I've never played any Half Life before so I picked up Orange Box on the last Buy 2 Get 1 Free Used Sale at GameStop. I've heard so many good things about Half Life and what it's done for the 1st person story driven games that I really want to experience it. At the same time my Assassin's Creed sense is tingling and I can't wait to get into that world again! However, I think I'm going to invest some time into Mass Effect. Much like Assassin's Creed, I didn't get into Mass Effect when it first came out (I'm not sure what was the matter with me that year, lol). Now, with all the hype around Mass Effect 2 and the great reviews, again much like Assassin's Creed II, I want to get into the world. So I guess I'll play around with Mass Effect for a while and then look to pick up ME2 in the Summer. Anyway, I'll be good and busy and probably won't need to buy any new games in the near future!

neo

Went back to and oldie, but a goodie, Gears of War. Played a little multiplayer last night and was surprised to find some other people playing too. I'm amazed at how much the graphics improved between the 1st and 2nd one. My wife woke up when I was on the single campaign and commented on it. That being said, I did enjoy this and the sequel. It will be interesting to see the direction of the next one will be. I also wouldn't mind a prequel, showing some of the events that led up to Marcus's fall from grace that led him to being thrown in prison. I can't decide if I'm going to wait for the coffee to kick in or take a siesta with little man before tackling this or R6II :unsure:

Nah, it was just some douche that the network set me up in the slayer mode of multiplayer. For the most part, that's how most of my teams are. They either don't know what they are doing or gone lone wolf/rogue on me. Hell last night I had the warthog and couldn't get anyone to man the turret, which would have put us over the top. On the other hand, I had a pretty good team the other night and friended them. So it's not all bad, depending on when you are online. It seems during the day it's a lot of kids. Which is weird because you'd think they'd be in school :huh:

I'm getting this over the weekend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsunoko_vs_Capcom

I wasn't expecting it to get a PAL release even though I heard it was getting a USA release. The Thought of playing G-Force Characters (Not the hampsters before some trys to be witty :) ) in a fighter makes me salivate.

Also I heard there is a No More Heroes 2 due so that's on my hit list as well.

Well, I finally beat Assassin's Creed last night. I have to say it was an awesome game that I will revisit in the future. I can't believe that I missed it the first time around. I have several questions but I don't want to leave spoilers here. I don't know that I really understanding the ending with Altair. But I love how the game ended looking forward to II.

As for what's next. I have The Orange Box, Mass Effect, Darksiders, and Assassin's Creed II all waiting to be played. I honestly don't know where to start. All 4 are pretty massive games and I don't like to play more than maybe two at a time, but mostly just one at a time. I like to get lost in that world and focus on beating that one game rather than try to juggle several at a time, but that's just me. Anyway, I've never played any Half Life before so I picked up Orange Box on the last Buy 2 Get 1 Free Used Sale at GameStop. I've heard so many good things about Half Life and what it's done for the 1st person story driven games that I really want to experience it. At the same time my Assassin's Creed sense is tingling and I can't wait to get into that world again! However, I think I'm going to invest some time into Mass Effect. Much like Assassin's Creed, I didn't get into Mass Effect when it first came out (I'm not sure what was the matter with me that year, lol). Now, with all the hype around Mass Effect 2 and the great reviews, again much like Assassin's Creed II, I want to get into the world. So I guess I'll play around with Mass Effect for a while and then look to pick up ME2 in the Summer. Anyway, I'll be good and busy and probably won't need to buy any new games in the near future!

neo

All of those are great games. I beat everything for the Orange Box, and have been playing Mass Effect 2, Saints Row 2, Sacred 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, and Assassins Creed 2. I wish I would finish one game before moving on to another. I am almost done with Saints row 2 though. One more extended night of playing it and I should be able to finish it.

Mass Effect 2 has really sucked me in. It is hard to put down and I find myself playing it till 5:00 am these past few nights. Great game so far. The story has really got me hooked. I hope I can finish most of these games before Bioshock 2 and Aliens vs Predator come out!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Demo available on 360 today! - YAY!!!

I suspect this game will steal all of my online time from MW2 when it comes out!

T.

Let me know how the demo is TBT. I sold my extra Xbox 360, so I am no longer on live. I am planning on getting another to play on live though soon.

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

Nah, it was just some douche that the network set me up in the slayer mode of multiplayer. For the most part, that's how most of my teams are. They either don't know what they are doing or gone lone wolf/rogue on me. Hell last night I had the warthog and couldn't get anyone to man the turret, which would have put us over the top. On the other hand, I had a pretty good team the other night and friended them. So it's not all bad, depending on when you are online. It seems during the day it's a lot of kids. Which is weird because you'd think they'd be in school :huh:

Oh, I thought you were talking about ODST in which there isn't matchmaking.

Nestle', there is in the multiplayer of ODST. Well, I finally killed RAAM in GOW and was pretty shocked. Just like the first time, I was surprised :D Hopefully this console doesn't die like the last one did once I've done this. Question, was there supposed to be some bonus in beating him, either in this or the 2nd one? More than ever I want that Kim vs RAAM set. So how long do you guys keep games on your hard drive? Just curious, since I'm considering deleting some when I wrap them up.

Don, if you install a game to the hard disk and then finish it, you can delete it (with an option on the Games menu) this deleted the game files but does not delete your save files, allowing you to play it again when you like.

Currently I am obsessed once more by the universe of Mass Effect, with the sequel. It's taken the original, ruthlessly culled the flaws, and come out with an outstanding game again

Well I spent some time on several games over the weekend. I got a little Madden on in honor of the Super Bowl. But I also cracked open Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed II. I don't normally like to play two deep, story rich games at one time because I like to give my focus to one. However, I formed a plan. I have two 360s at my house, the living room and my bedroom. So, I've turned my bedroom into Mass Effect theater and my living room into Little Italy, :D.

So far I'm really enjoying both games. I have to say that I never liked Knights of the Old Republic last Gen. Honestly it was just a little TOO MUCH for me. Queing up Attacks and watching the action and stuff, it was just a little over my head and I never got into it, even though I love Star Wars. So, I skipped Jade Empire and then Mass Effect when it first came out. But, I have to say I'm glad that I went back to play because I'm really enjoying ME. It's an engaging story so far and I enjoy the dialogue system and really like the combat system much better than KotOR. As for Assassin's Creed II, I can't believe they made the game THAT much better, but they did. I loved AC and just beat it over Christmas in preparation for ACII. So far the quality and polish of that game is amazing! While they curse a little bit too much for my liking, I love the characters (Lucy and Desmond especially) and the combat is some of the best that I've played in an action game.

On one side note, I did pick up ACII for my iPhone over the weekend and I have to say it's pretty dang fun. It's a 2D side scroller so I wasn't sure how good it would be but I will say I'm fairly impressed. You can stealth around and hide in carts of Hay for Assassinations as well as climb and wall jumper on every surface. It's got a full story with cut scenes and full voice acting. It's quite good if I do say so myself! neo