UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Man, there aren't enough hours in the day! :D. I beat Braid over the weekend. I had to rush through it because of Bionic Commando and MADDEN!!

So, I picked up Madden yesterday and I played a little last night. The game is head and shoulders above any other Madden game I've ever played. The biggest improvement, for me, was the Presentation. The field, the stadium, the fans, the camera angles and the Commentary are all stellar. In fact, at the begining of the second quarter and had to stop myself and pay attention to the announcers because they were SO GOOD. It felt like watching on TV. They were having a conversation and it was a steady stream of audio. It is probably the best commentary/over voice I've heard in a game and it makes playing that much more realistic. I didn't get into Online Leagues or Superstar or Franchise, I just enjoyed the basic game itself and for the first time in several years it felt fresh and new again. Another really cool thing is the computer learns as you play. If you are run heavy, they will adjust and you will begin to get less yards and the same goes for passing. The AI is really good. This eliminates Blow Outs even for the best players. That makes the game feel more realistic, and it's not for everyone, but I love it! Overall I can't wait to get home again tonight and kick it on.......

........of course, that is only after I play some Bionic Commando, lol. It was released today and I logged on this morning to try and download it before I left for work, but it was at like 80% and I had to go. So, when I get home I giving that a run through first thing. Then there are the Fable Pub Games and I still have to get the Speed Runs in Braid. Oh yeah, and Castle Crashers is just 2 weeks away! Good times to be a 360 owner, I can tell you that. Kinda makes me sad though, imagine if you were just a Wii or PS3 owners....... :(. neo

Edited by neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the fans don't do the same 4 or 5 canned close-up poses that they have done in Madden for the last half-century (one points at field after touchdown; generic cheer; leaving their seats near end of game when game is blow-out; etc.)? I don't know about this game, but if you want seamless commentary, go play the old precurser to "Smackdown vs. Raw" on the PS1 (can't remember the name). It had the best commentary ever:

"HE HIT HIM WITH. . .:5 second pause:. . .THE. . .WEAPON!"

This sort of carried over to later iterations of the series, of course:

Taz: "Test is. . .:5 second pause:. . .the greatest. . .:5 second pause:. . .intercontinental champion. . .eva!"

Michael Cole: "Shut up!"

Well, after I lost my first online Madden game to my Brother-in-law (21-17) I got to sit down with Bionic Commando for the first time last night. All I can say is that's amazing! It brought back all of those old, frustrating, memories of yesteryear! I love the challange of the game, although I think the stick/d-pad is a bit off! It's hard to distiguish the Horizontal Grapple and the Diagonal Grapple. But, again I'm sure it will come easier with practice. The To Down 3D enemy fights are really cool too. It is easlier worth the going price of $10 (800 points). I love what Capcom is doing with these remakes. They did it with Commando 3 then 1942 (which is also AWESOME) and now Bionic Commando. I have always loved the Classic 2D stuff from my young years and I love than Capcom is bringing them back. You can also through Prince of Persia, Galaga, and Pac Man into the converstaion as well. I wish all companies would go back and do this! It would be amazing! In fact, I love the "updated classics" so much, I'm kinda bummed they didn't do the same with Mega Man 9. While I love the classic Mega Man games, I would have like to see a "Rearmed" version of Mega Man, in 2D with HD graphics! But, in the end I'll buy it anyway :D.

I've mentioned it before but there are so many games I would like to see redone like this. Games like Castlevainia, Rygar, Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Ninja Gaiden, and really I could go on and on. Anyway, Bionic Commando is great and I'm glad that Capcom for one is giving us some great updates to classic games and I hope they keep it up! neo

Everything (except Aerosmith obviously) is a straight rehash of the previous GH games!

Just like they did with Madden an Smackdown vs. Raw since the dawn of time. Videogame companies are like movie producers (or toy producers, even :) )--if people will keep buying their stuff, then they don't see much reason to change. Better to be safe than sorry, I guess. Eventually things will get too stale for even the casual fan, and some minor tweaks will be made to the series, I'm sure.

I gotta say the pinball hall of fame series on ps 2 is just great the 3-d renderings are constantly tricking my eye, great replay value and a dirt cheap buy

Edited by BannersID

I got the SNK Classics game for the Wii yesterday. This must be the first game I've played in months. It is pretty cool. None of the games will blow you away, but it has a fun, cool update to "Ikari Warriors," Samurai Showdown, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, a golf game, the generic rip-off of Street Fighter known as World Heroes, and a number of other games (16 in total). Not a bad deal for 30 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Oblivion!

I was looking at the previews for Fallout3 and it made me decide to put Oblivion back in my 360... and I'm hooked again. Leveling issues aside I'd forgotten how cool this game is.

I've spent way too much time playing this game over the last few days and am having a lot of fun working through the guild quests and ignoring the tedious Oblivion gates. Dark Brotherhood quests are def my favourite as I have a stealthy sneak of a character.

The only downside is have the theme tune lodged in my head right now ;)T.

Oblivion!

I got that for my 360 last year, and after playing it a couple of hours, I realized that it was just too "much." The scope of the game appeared overwhelming, and I knew that I really wouldn't have the patience to get through it, so I didn't even try. . .yes, I am a quitter :(

I still love Oblivion. My mate still has my copy at the moment, cos I lent to him before I went to france, then when I came back he'd gone to Cornwall. I can't wait to get it back next week and start playing it. I'm looking for the Shivering Isles expansion. It's still pretty expensive in places. The cheapest I've seen it is £24 pre-owned.

I've also just finished Tomb Raider Legend. I think I'm gonna get Anniversary and play through that before Underworld comes out. I'm looking forward to that.

So what games are people looking forward to? Mine are

TR Underworld

Gears of War 2

Fable 2

SW Force Unleashed

Halo Wars

Two Words: Castle Crashers!! Stop reading and buy that Game!

oh wait.....

Three Words: The Last Man!! After you start downloading Castle Crashers, Turn on your PS3 and Start Downloading The Last Man.

But.........which to play first?!?!?! :D

I have argued in favor of and still believe that the future is Digital Distribution and I love the Xbox Live Arcade (and the PSN at times, lol). I honestly would buy every game for the rest of my life from the Marketplace if I could! Anyway, Arcade games are really getting the most of my time these days, and what free time I have for the Xbox Itself goes to Madden!

Oh and Karamazov, you need to give Oblivion another chance. It is overwhelming and I know exactly how you feel. I've never been a huge RPG fan. The first RPG that I can remember played with Ocarina of Time (and that's not even a true RPG). And I can remember trying to get through the lost woods the first time and I had that same feeling of being out of my league. But, I stayed with it and experienced of the best gaming experiences of my life. So, you can imagine my mind exploded when I turned on Oblivion for the first time, lol. Just walking out of the cave I had to turn the fan on because I started sweating. To be honest, it took me a good 2 to 3 hours before I finally started to feel better and even now it still kicks my butt. It's so visareal, I don't want to do the wrong thing or still something or kill anyone innocent. My hands still get all sweaty when a Guard notices that I've stolen something. The game is amazing. You really should invest some more time in it, I feel you would be rewarded greatly!

EDIT - - - Just noticed Dan's Post - - -

What I'm looking forward too:

360 - Viva Pinata: TiP (Reserved)

360 - Banjo Kazooie: N&B (Reserved)

360 - Fall Out 3 (Reserved)

360 - Fable II (Reserved)

XBLA - Banjo Kazooie

XBLA - Mega Man 9

PS3 - Little Big Planet

Wii - 2009.......

neo

Edited by neolego

So did everyone play the Force Unleashed demo? I did. Three times. I loved it. The force control and various powers were great, and the graphics and movement of the character looked fantastic. I shall definately be picking this game up. It looks and feels so awesome. If you haven't played it yet, then do it!

So what games are people looking forward to? Mine are

TR Underworld

Gears of War 2

Fable 2

SW Force Unleashed

Halo Wars

Trade out halo wars & SW Unleashed for Mercenaries 2, Fallout3 and Far Cry II and that'd pretty much be my list too.

(Perhaps adding Lego Batman for my PSP)

I played the demo for SW Unleashed and it didn't grab me at all.

T.

I'd have to agree with Timbo (shocking I know), I didn't like the SW Demo that much at all. Some of the things you can do are cool, and the first time you get to pick up a TIE and throw it is pretty amazing. But then, it's just pretty bland. The combat is nowhere near as polished as I had hoped. It honestly looked like they put all their effort into the Force Lift ability and the rest if mediocre. That being said, it is cool and I'll probably pick it up eventually when it hits $20 or $30. Definetly not worth $60 from my play time! My biggest grip was deflecting the lasers back. They shot at you so fast and furious there was no way you could manual deflect everything back. It's actually quite aggravating. No, I'll stick with LEGO Star Wars, still the best Star Wars game ever made! neo

So I bought Shadowrun yesterday, because I was bored with all my games and it was cheap. I had played the demo and thought it was really good fun. Now I love the game, but I didn't realise that there is no campaign to it. You can only do bot battles and online mulitplayer. Does anyone else have this game and fancy a match sometime.

It surprises me that they would make a game that was only multiplayer. I was really dissappointed. A single player campaign would have been ace on this game in my opinion.

I finally beat Professor Layton and the Curious Village on the DS. That was a hard game! If you like puzzles and riddles you would love it. So now I have moved on to Contact. So far I like it. It is definitely quite different from most RPGs. I take a long time to beat DS games, so I will probably finish it right around the time Sonic: Dark Brotherhood comes out.

On the 360 my wife and I are working on Eternal Sonata. Its not bad, but not nearly as good as Lost Odyssey, which we just finished.

For the Wii, I noticed a new party game coming out next month called Dokapon Kingdom. Has anyone else heard of this? Its an RPG / board game mix, and it sounds awesome, especially for multiplayer. Here is IGN's hands-on.

We beat Eternal Sonata last night. It was kind of boring overall. :( Not terrible, but not definitely not great.

We started on Half-Life 2 on Orange Box on the 360. I have played it before on the PC, but my wife hasn't. So we are starting here, and moving on to episodes 1 and 2, which I haven't played. Hopefully it will keep my wife entertained. She usually likes RPG's more than FPS's. Except CoD4. She can play that all night long, as anyone here on my friends list can attest to.

Right now... I'm playing... Nothing!

I came back from a road trip and being out of town for a week or so and decided to play some oblivion...

Switched on the console and got the RRoD :( :( I've had the console for over 2 years without any problems so far. I'm just glad its not the end of next month because there is a stack of games coming out I want to play and I'd be really pissed off!

MS is sending me a box and it looks like I'll be console less (other than my PSP) for a few weeks :(

T.

Argh. I just moved house and so had to plug my Wii in again, but it seems since the previous owners had cable tv, the channel that my Wii plays on is also one of the tv channels. We managed to sort it out- to an extent. It stilll goes static-y and the screen goes of for a second quite often. It's not that bad on the slower games, but on Brawl, one second I'm Captain falcon falcon punching olimar, next thing fox is in a big tank and I'm being blasted off the stage...

I was going to get Star Wars on wii, but I read a review and found out it was extremely short, at about 6 hours. I don't now if this is the usual developers screwing over the wii, or if it's for all the platforms, but I do know that I am absolutely not paying £40 for six hours of gameplay.

I'm quite excited about Warioland: The Shake Dimension, It looks fun. And also de Blob, which looks great but I'm not sure if it warrants a full price tag.

Vig

Pirates vs Ninjas Dodgeball! :D

It's so much fun and so stupid. I love it! I might buy it. It would be the first arcade game that I buy, so I'm not too sure atm. Are arcade games good value?

On that note has anyone bought the BSG arcade game?

Pirates vs Ninjas Dodgeball! :D

It's so much fun and so stupid. I love it! I might buy it. It would be the first arcade game that I buy, so I'm not too sure atm. Are arcade games good value?

On that note has anyone bought the BSG arcade game?

I just looked up the PVN Dodgeball, and that looks freaking FUNNY! Man, I've always loved the whole Pirates vs Ninjas concept and I personally think it would be a draw (The ninja is fast and good with a sword, but the pirate would pull an Indiana Jones bitch move and while the Ninja is standing there showing off his ninja awesomeness, the pirate would just pull out his gun and shoot him like in Raides of the Lost Ark).