UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Well my step Brother comes back into town today so I have been playing a ton of Halo 3. I say Haloe becuse that game supports @ player Split-Screen on Xbox live ( the best thing about the game!). I might pick up Gears of War soon, that sequal looks to die for.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, guess what I picked up yesterday? Halo 3. Is there a trend going on here, lol?!?!

Look who's back on top? After falling in the Xbox Live ranking to Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Halo 3 has been named the most played Xbox Live game of the last week according to Major Nelson.

I agree with Wii (for a change, lol) and it's all about the Split Screen. I loved Call of Duty, still do, but I stopped playing because there was almost always someone over and they didn't want to sit and watch me. I actually traded in Halo a few months ago and finally realized that was a dumb move. So, I've traded in CoD4 and got Halo back. I'll probably be on some tonight and for sure this weekend.

As for gears, I played the first demo but the guy cussed too much for me. I don't want to play a game where the guy has to shoot his mouth off all the time. That's the same reason I got rid of Gun at launch. I'll give Gears 2 a look, but I'm not holding much hope!

I'm also still trying to kill those dang French in Civ. They are really starting to tick me off!! neo

Edited by neolego

So, I've traded in CoD4 and got Halo back. I'll probably be on some tonight and for sure this weekend.

iwhat time i will play you :D

Well, that is really in the air right now. It's going to be a busy weekend. Friday Night is our Batman all nighter (called the "Dark Knight Night") and then Sunday is my Anniversary. I'll probably be on late tonight and probably late tomorrow. Then skip Friday and be on at times on Saturday.

Also, I need everyone's PS3 User Name Thingy (whatever they are called on PS3). Now that I'm online, I wanna register you guys!!! My is: neolego (obviously!)

Also, just for the record, here is a run down of our all nighter, tell me what you think:

darkknightlogofq9.jpg

6:00pm - Order Pizza and watch Batman Begins (Blu Ray)

10:30pm - Watch The Dark Knight in IMAX

2:00am – Watch the original Batman (1989) in Honor of Joker

4:00am – Watch Batman Forever in Honor of Two-Face

6:00am – I will make Breakfast for all (which is awesome) and Watching the Classic Batman: The Movie (1966)

It's going to be awesome. neo

I agree with Wii (for a change, lol) and it's all about the Split Screen. I loved Call of Duty, still do, but I stopped playing

As for gears, I played the first demo but the guy cussed too much for me. I don't want to play a game where the guy has to shoot his mouth off all the time.

About time someone on this dang board agreed w/me... :lol:

What do you mean "gears of War" demo? If there is one up somewhere then please let me know asap!

Not the new one, I was referring to the 1st game's Demo. I was really looking forward to the game, but it was just a bit much for me. neo

Edited by neolego

Wasn't there a Demo. Heck, it's been so long, maybe I'm thinking of a different game. In fact, I'm thinking it may have been Quake War or something. Heck, maybe I've never played Gears. Now I feel dumb, so on the subject, is there a lot of cussing in the game??

Also, I bought 1942 yesterday and I completely LOVE it. Me and a friend played through it Co-Op three times last night, however we didn't beat it either time. It's actually still a good challenge and a BUNCH of fun. Highly Recommended, especially if you loved the original games. neo

Yeah, we bought tickets a few weeks ago. I'm actually going to the AMC tonight to watch Dark Knight. Then we are going again tomorrow night to the IMAX. It's going to be an AWESOME weekend!!

On another note, I just signed up for Gamefly. Is anyone here members? I've thought about it several times, but I normally like to buy games, but due to money and length of game I pass a lot of times. Unless it's a game that I know I'm going to play over and over (Madden, Smash Bros, LEGO Anything, Halo, etc) I normally skip the games. As I was browsing the website I forgot how many good "short" titles that I missed. Assasin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, even Kameo! I skipped because I couldn't really see myself playing more than once through, and it's just not worth the trade in for a $60 game. So, I paid $40 for a 3 month subscription and that will cover any of those games that I want. Plus, I can keep them as long as I want! So, if it takes me 2 days to beat Assasin's Creed and 2 weeks to beat Mass Effect, it's all good because there is no extra charge. I'm really excited about the potential!! I get my first game today, should be there when I get home from work! What is it you ask? Why, it's Avatar of course. Who wouldn't want a super easy 1000 points?!?! :D. neo

There is a fair amount of swearing in Gears, but I'm usually too into the fight to notice his swearing over my own. :)

I am so psyched for Gears 2. I've been playing it on insane this week and only have the last act to do.

I'm also playing Halo 3, Tomb Raider Legend, and M:UA. Oh and Lego Indy.

Well, let me just say, I think I've found my new obsession: Gamefly! I rented Avatar first just to get the gamer score boost, and it worked like a charm. In less than 5 minutes I'm up 1000 points. Awesome, if anyone has the chance you should rent this game just for the point boost!

So, it was just picked up to go back to Gamefly and I should be getting my next game the first of the week! My love for this is there are litterally a bunch of games that I never bought, but really wanted to play/beat. Just going through the list I've already filled my Q to the brim! TMNT, Prince of Persia (All of them), Metroid Prime 3, Bioshock, Assasin's Creed, Kung Fu Panda, etc. There are a lot of games that I really wanted to play, but when it comes to spending the greenbacks, I'm more hesitant unless it's a must have title for me! So, I'm going to be able to play some of the recent classics that I've missed and even some guilty pleasures (like Avatar and TMNT :D).

And, on that note, the French are still whipping me. But I'm one rich dude, so I'm hoping to pull out my first victory on civ pretty soon. However, I'm playing again right away with the intent on wipping out the French first chance I get! neo

And, on that note, the French are still whipping me. But I'm one rich dude, so I'm hoping to pull out my first victory on civ pretty soon. However, I'm playing again right away with the intent on wipping out the French first chance I get! neo

Kill those cheese eating surrender monkeys. And Metroid Prime 3 is great. One of the Wii's best. It takes a while to complete too. I'm still stuck at one point trying t get an energy cell on Bryyo. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get there.

Ha, funny story. I walked into GameStop yesterday and stepped up to the counter. They know me pretty well and I also pre-order from this store only. Without saying anything the guy looks at me and said, "Picking up?" and I said "Yep!" so he went and got my game and brought it to the counter and the girl working there just watched him and as he set the case down on the counter she said "Wait, that's not Soul Calibur?!?" We both laughed, it was classic. I went yesterday to pick up MLB Power Pros 2008 for the Wii. If you are a baseball fan and own a Wii, you owe it to yourself to at least play this game. This is the greatest baseball game that I've played on a console since MVP 2005......and it may even be better than that. Sure, it has little block people players, but what the heck we are on a MINIMATE board. You will love it. It's the deepest game of any kind I have ever seen. It makes most common RPGs look like light weights. There are hundrends of stats to follow, Minor league, Major league, Fantasy, Season, Dynasty, Life modes. Home Run Derby, Trading cards, blah, blah, blah. But, in the end, it's a blast to play! I pray next year they bring it to the 360 for that nice HD shine :D.

I was thinking about Soul Calibur, but I've never been a huge fighting game fan. I was hoping for a DEMO to try. I guess I'll just have to add it to my Q. neo

I was thinking about Soul Calibur, but I've never been a huge fighting game fan. I was hoping for a DEMO to try. I guess I'll just have to add it to my Q. neo

Look for a demo in August, along with a demo of ........... STARWARS: Force Unleashed!!!!!!!

I am looking forwards to The new StarWars game because of the sheer amount of things you can pull off

with the force.

Yeah, I hope Force Unleashed is good, but I'm not going to hold my breath. There hasn't been a good "realistic*" Star Wars game since Jedi Knight. But, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and hope I'm wrong! neo

*LEGO Star Wars is not considered "realistic" :D.

Really? As a Nintendo Fan I still never found FE to be very interesting. I much more prefer Final Fantasy Tactics (which is sucking any free time I have on my DS currently :D). neo

Really? As a Nintendo Fan I still never found FE to be very interesting. I much more prefer Final Fantasy Tactics (which is sucking any free time I have on my DS currently :D). neo

I love both. I'm playing Sacred Stones, I've beat the first, I just got Radiant Dawn, and I've played Path of Radiance before. As for FFT, I beat the first FOREVER ago, and will replay it for my emulator eventually, I've beaten the GBA one, and I have no DS to play the new one on. The original FF Tactics is the best of the bunch, but FE is a lot of fun, and one HELL of a challenge!

Ah, this month is INSANE! Just putting Madden Aside, there is so much coming out on XBLA, it's unreal! Geometry Wars 2 was last week, Braid, Bionic Commando, Galaga, and Castle Crashers!!!

So, I skipped Geometry Wars, but I did pick up Braid last night. I also picked up Alien Homoniod which I didn't even realize was on the Arcade. I had the game back on the 'Cube, but haven't played it in forever. I was just scrolling around last night and found it and bought it right away! That game is still dang amazing, which brings me to Castle Crashers! This is probably one of my top 5 most wanted games of the year. I loved AH and Castle Crashers looks amazing. Bionic Commando is also a top 10 for me, especially with the 2-player Co-Op. After playing Prince of Persia remade I was hoping for more games just like that. But, we really haven't seen many until now. 1942 came out a few weeks ago and then Bionic Commando comes out next week. I honestly LOVE remakes like this. I'm not one for paying $10 for the same game I played 15 years ago, but if companies take the time to make updates with HD grapics and Co-Op play I will be first in line to buy most of them!

Quick review of Braid is really good. The game looks good and plays well. The time feature is a nice addition to the classic platform genre. With no multi-player and being pretty short it, it's not a must buy and with the price at 1200 points most people will skip it. But, if you love classic platform system games with flair and you have some extra points you don't know what to do with I'd say pick it up. However, I HIGHLY sugguest that you have enough points to pick up Castle Crashers in 3 weeks, so if you need to pinch points to save up, skip this hands down! You MUST own Castle Crashers.......and you must play with me online! :D

Anyway, I said all of that to say just how much I love the Xbox Live Arcade. I think it's been one of the best Innovations of the Next-Gen. PSN is OK and WiiWare (like Wii Software) is hit and miss, but XBLA, while there is a bunch of junk too, is a gem to the console and hosts some of my most played games to date (Worms, Battlestar Galactia, Pac-Man, Hetix, Etc). I hope they keep them coming.

AND, just for the sake of discussion, what are some games you would like to see Remade (Bionic Commando-Style) on XBLA?

I have a few, but personally my #1 would proabably be the X-Men Arcade game. I'd like to see them take the 4-Player Arcade classic online in HD with the XBLA! I would add more characters and 4 Player Co-Op Offline and Online. Maybe even with new missions and maybe downloadable missions for the future. And maybe a Survival mode where you and your friends are in the danger room and you get one life and you fight until everyone is dead. That would be amazing! neo