What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, I really want to, but I just can't bring myself to play. With Fable and CoD I'm just too busy on the Big White Box to leave :).

Maybe once I beat Fable I'll have some free time to join you :). neo

Ok. I finally got a 360. (Un)fortunately I don't get it til xmas, so I've got time to stock up on games. I picked up Bioshock, Sonic and it comes with KFP and LEGO Indy.

Should I hunt for the 1st Fable or just pick up Fable 2?

I need to start somewhere on Halo - do I need to go to the beginning or jump to the latest one?

Gears of War 1 or 2?

Dead Rising is on my list to play.

Other suggestions? Am I way off on any of the above games and I should skip some in particular?

I need to start somewhere on Halo - do I need to go to the beginning or jump to the latest one?

Gears of War 1 or 2?

Other suggestions? Am I way off on any of the above games and I should skip some in particular?

Congrats upon joining the xbox family! I'm sure that all members will be happy to give you thier xbox live tags once you get xbox live. I would sugest getting Fable 2 instead of the first. There is a lot to do in the game, and although I'v beaten 3 times, I will at least play it through once more. For Halo, just get 3. The story is not that important and the excellent multiplayer makes the game a must. On Gears, I would recommend the 2nd installment. It is really a step-up form the amazing first one. And all of the multiplayer and story issues have been fixed. So that should be enough to keep any hardcore gamer busy for a while.

Gears of War 1 or 2?

Congrats upon joining the xbox family! I'm sure that all members will be happy to give you thier xbox live tags once you get xbox live. I would sugest getting Fable 2 instead of the first. There is a lot to do in the game, and although I'v beaten 3 times, I will at least play it through once more. For Halo, just get 3. The story is not that important and the excellent multiplayer makes the game a must. On Gears, I would recommend the 2nd installment. It is really a step-up form the amazing first one. And all of the multiplayer and story issues have been fixed. So that should be enough to keep any hardcore gamer busy for a while.

Okay, maybe I don't have an Xbox, but I have friends that do, and four things that you need if you like to be scared out of your pants are the game FEAR, A big-screen TV, Surround sound and a dark room. That game is freaking scary man!

And as for others that I know of, Call of Duty 4 and Call Of Duty World At War are apparantly musts.

And my friends strongly reccomend Left 4 Dead and Elder Scrolls: Oblivian.

Okay, maybe I don't have an Xbox, but I have friends that do, and four things that you need if you like to be scared out of your pants are the game FEAR, A big-screen TV, Surround sound and a dark room. That game is freaking scary man!

And as for others that I know of, Call of Duty 4 and Call Of Duty World At War are apparantly musts.

And my friends strongly reccomend Left 4 Dead and Elder Scrolls: Oblivian.

Resident Evil remake on Gamecube is scary as hell at night with lights off and the sound up.

By the way, you guys seen this? Awesome.

Reideen I would also recommend the Orange Box if you haven't played any of those games before. Half Life 2 and Portal are some of the best games I have every played.

But you need to go for Half-Life 1 out of respect of the game. Half-Life is my favorite game ever and I don't expect Half-Life 2 to be any worse. But its good to know where it began.

And in other news, I officially gained Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess bragging rights today by beating the Cave of Ordeals for a second time (and it's always harder the second time.) For those who play LOZ, you know the Cave of Ordeals. For those who don't, here's the idea: 50 levels of hell and it's never as easy as it looks. For example, I walked into a room around floor 37. I looked down, as ou can stand on this ledge and get a preview of what you're up against (along with some good sniping opportunities. Gotcha you dumbass Chilfos!) and and there was a single Boboken (an extremely easy enemy). My spider sense tingled almost immediately and, not knowing exactly what would happen, took the plunge. An army of rats charged me from behind (the little buggers were hiding under the ledge!) and about thirty Stalkins (tiny zombies with spears) came up from out of the ground! A few spin attacks later and all was good. But the final level, 49 (50 is a reward room, there's one every 10 levels) there were these three Darknuts (Superpowered and nearly invincible armored Knights. Google it and be amazed.). Three freaking Darknuts! and they CLUSTERED! I had to wake them all up at once. That was the first playthrough. The second there were FOUR FUCKING DARKNUTS! F-O-U-R, Four! And one was under the ledge! I didn't even see him! To get the point across of the four Darknut epicness, here's a video of

And I won.

I officially claim bragging rights. And anyone else who was crazy enough to do this fight twice should come foreward and claim your bragging rights now.

Reideen I would also recommend the Orange Box if you haven't played any of those games before. Half Life 2 and Portal are some of the best games I have every played.

But you need to go for Half-Life 1 out of respect of the game. Half-Life is my favorite game ever and I don't expect Half-Life 2 to be any worse. But its good to know where it began.

Hang on Trekker... you are recommending a game that isn't on the system that Reideen is asking about over one that is on that system and your wording implies you've not even played?

All of this on a system you dont own... ;)

10/10 for enthusiasm -1m/10 for useful advice! :D

T.

Hang on Trekker... you are recommending a game that isn't on the system that Reideen is asking about over one that your wording implies you've not played?

All of this on a system you dont own... ;)

Good to see we are only offering suggestions based on experience!

T.

Yeah I know. I suck. But still, I'm just recommending a game on a system that he's not asking about on the offchance that he might have the system it's on. And what's the point of playing sequels to games you've never played? The only one I can think of doing that on is Shadow of the Colossus which is tecnhically a prequel and doesn't count. Neither do any of the Zelda (except Majora's Mask and MAYBE Windwaker) or Mario games as those stories are pretty much self-contained. Half Life 2 is a direct sequel is it not? And... you know what? I'm probably making myself look dumber. I'll shut up now.

Unless its radically different from 2007, 2008 or, hell 2006, just pick the one that's cheapest. I guess my question for you would be how closely do you follow the sport? Do you need updated players/teams/etc or do you just want to play?

BTW Trekker, I own a Wii, Gamecube, PS2 and now a 360. We also have 6 DS's in the house with more games than I can name for all systems. You might say we like video games a bit in our house. :)

Unless its radically different from 2007, 2008 or, hell 2006, just pick the one that's cheapest. I guess my question for you would be how closely do you follow the sport? Do you need updated players/teams/etc or do you just want to play?

BTW Trekker, I own a Wii, Gamecube, PS2 and now a 360. We also have 6 DS's in the house with more games than I can name for all systems. You might say we like video games a bit in our house. :)

Well we have 07 for the normal x-box but it is getting old, and I follow it pretty religiously to be honest, I like the updated teams and jerseys and all those things.

Does anyone know how the game plays in general?

Edited by ZArox

Reid, if your looking for advice, I'm the one to listen.

(That was a joke).

Seriously though, I think I'm the "common ground" between TBT and Neo's opinions.

About the games, If you're determined to buy, go ahead and pick up Fable 2. Fable 1's story DOES play a part in Fable 2, but if you haven't played it you probably won't notice the story plugs.

I rented it, beat it and returned it. But, whether or not you rent or buy, make sure to play it, if you've got a 360 you owe it to yourself to do so.

Sonic on the other hand is potentially the WORST game on 360. Understand that I LOVE Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. S360 however is painfully bad. In fact, unless you are INCREDIBLY gifted at Sonic games it's highly likely that you won't beat the first (official) level. I know you said you already picked it up, but I'm just warning you. I bought it for my son, but it's so incredibly hard that he cannot play it. It might be a good idea to trade it towards something else. If it's for yougsters, my son LOVES Thrillville: Off The Rails.

Halo. I couldn't disagree more with Wii. Halo has one of the richest storylines in videogames. Sadly most people run through it and don't take note of what's actually happenning. If you think this is you, Wii is right. Jump in @ H3 since it has the best multiplayer. If you want a great story and campaign experience, you've gotta start @ 1. Sadly that DOES mean you'll have to put up with HaloCE graphics and a change in controls between H2 & H3, but in my opinion it's worth it.

Oh, and Orange Box is good also. ;)

I got my xbox back this morning. It just so happens that my mates xbox got red ring a few days ago so I'm down a partner. Anyone up for some gears of war 2 tonight?

Gamertag- ShadowSpartan12

Sonic on the other hand is potentially the WORST game on 360. Understand that I LOVE Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. S360 however is painfully bad. In fact, unless you are INCREDIBLY gifted at Sonic games it's highly likely that you won't beat the first (official) level. I know you said you already picked it up, but I'm just warning you. I bought it for my son, but it's so incredibly hard that he cannot play it. It might be a good idea to trade it towards something else. If it's for yougsters, my son LOVES Thrillville: Off The Rails.

That's too bad about Sonic. I haven't played a Sonic game since my old Sega days, but my kids enjoy playing as Sonic on Smash Bros. I figured it would be fun for all of us to play together. :( I'm guessing it isn't even worth the $9 I paid for it? (Local Black Friday deal.)

Thanks for the other suggestions guys. I'm really looking forward to the wide range of games that's opened up to me now! :D

Yay, I'm always excited for new Gamers on LIVE! Welcome!!

Let me add my two cents, which everyone knows I like to do :D!

I never played Fable on the original Xbox. However, Fable II is one of my favorite current-gen games PERIOD! You can pick it up and play it and honestly, if you didn't already know there was an original Fable game, you would never tell the difference!

I'm also going to have to lean in Nestle's direction when it comes to Halo! The story is large scale and epic and has a lot of "making you think" moments. When the Flood gets involved and....well, play it. But also like Nestle said, if you aren't in it for the story and just want to skip forward to the action pick up Halo 3, it is the best of the bunch clearly. But, I would recomend you pick up Halo and Halo 2 (you could probably find them used for around $20 combined). Like Fable, I never played Halo on the orignal Xbox, but when I knew I was going to buy Halo 3 I went back and picked up both games and beat them (Co-Op) both and I'm much the happier because of it. So that would be my recommendation!

Also, you get Kungu Fu Panda and LEGO Indy which are both really good E titles. KFP actually plays like a Kid friendly Ninja Gaiden......and I actually preferred KFP to NG. Also, if you've read anything I've wrote in the past, I love the LEGO games. I would also recommend you pick up LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Batman.

This has been one of the best years for games I can remember. There is a ton that would be good to pick up. Rock Band 2, Gears of War 2, Madden 09, Fallout 3, Fable II, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty World at War.

As for the rest. I would look on the "Cheap" rack. Since you are late to the party there are a lot of really good games that you can get for good prices. I would put at the top of that list Oblivion, Burnout Paradise, Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter, and Call of Duty 2 just to name a few! neo

Remeber when we used to argue Neo? ;):P

I thought I'd chime in and add Viva Pinata is awesome! It's great for you AND the kids. Currently (and for the last few years) it has sat in my "rotation."

My rotation are the 3 games I might set down for a week or 2, but always come back to. They are Halo 3, Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise & Rock Band 2.

If you're considering Viva Pinata, you can pick up the first one for cheap, or the new Trouble in Paradise sequel, they're both awesome. Just DON'T pick up Party Animals, as it is NOTHING like the others.

Party Animals - TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!

It's funny you mention your "Rotation", I hadn't actually thought about that until reading your post. So, it got me thinking of my "Rotation". Here is what I've come up with:

-Call of Duty: my favorite FPS ever and my favorite game to play online!

-Madden (Current Year): I'm a huge football fan and tend to keep my Madden disc spinning all year long

-Current LEGO Game: Right now it's Batman, but any of them are always fun to go back to sometimes

-Worms: Still my favorite Arcade game and sometimes I just like to sit back and enjoy some British Speaking Worm Action!

-Burnout Paradise: I'm not a huge racing fan, but Burnout is the best racing game I've played so every now and then I get the itch :).

So, what about you guys? What would your "Rotation" consist of? And, for the record, Rotation would be games that you consistantly play over a long period of time.

And, and Nestle, don't get used to us agreeing.........I'm sure it won't last long ;). neo

A couple other things I'd like to add:

Reid, I picked up Sonic for $10 almost a year ago. It's sad to see how much Sega has ruined their mascot. :(

Neo, you and Dan were talking about NXE a couple weeks ago. While I like it, I actually have some problems with the new layout. I think it's TOO EASY to buy things now. My four year old son rented some movies on my wife's account accidentally. *sigh*

Neo, you and Dan were talking about NXE a couple weeks ago. While I like it, I actually have some problems with the new layout. I think it's TOO EASY to buy things now. My four year old son rented some movies on my wife's account accidentally. *sigh*

Ha! Now, that's classic. I don't really see how it's easier, to me there is more involved. Maybe this is just a sign your 4 year old is a genius :).

I still really like the NXE. I love the Avatars and I love the Netflix and I love the new Quick Launch and I LOVE Premium Themes. But the one thing that still bugs me some is all the crap! I wish I could eliminate the Inside Xbox, Featured, and Community Crap! I know they need advertisements because MS needs money like we need oxygen, but I hate to even have to look at it. In fact, I actually prefer the smaller adds mixed in with my features better than it is now....but that's just me! neo

Yeah I don't like those ads. I didn't actually get any ads on the old dashboard. The spots where they would turn up always just had the xbox logo. I have no idea why, but hey.