UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Crap- just got the red ring of death on my Xbox 360 (the model before the shiny new slim was released to match the kinect sensor). Do you guys recommend any place to fix it? Gamestop? Play n Trade? Do it myself? HELP!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Jeff - That really stinks man. I don't know anywhere that repairs them, outside of sending them back to Microsoft. You can contact them, but I'm not sure what they charge.

So, I finally finished Black Ops 2 last night. It wasn't my favorite Call of Duty, but I enjoyed most of it (other than the crap strike missions). The Obama mission was my favorite. I really like the future stuff and would have preferred that the whole game take place in the future. It does get me excited for Ghosts, although I think CoD is finally going to get overshadowed by Battlefield and Titanfall in this coming generation. I will still play them each year though, I love them.

Now, next up, is finishing AC4 and playing 400 Days. Once AC4 is done I will be moving on to Tomb Raider. I've got my blinders on with the Xbox One launch in sight. I have to finish these titles because I know what the Xbox One launches I will rarely go back to my 360, so if I don't finish it before then, I probably won't!

That does suck Jeff. I'd recommend calling Microsoft and seeing what it would cost to repair it. If it is too much to repair, I'd see about investing in a new one. Been there myself and lucky for me I bought mine at Costco. I had it happen twice and both times I just returned it and bought a new one with the price difference. I just picked up Farcry 3 yesterday, but haven't had the chance to fire it up yet. At the moment my unplayed library is starting to stack up. So I have more than a few things to play until I can work out who has the best system for my needs.

I've had a problem with my 360 lately too.

I'm a very (very) casual gamer, my Xbox probably gets used 20 times a year but recently someone bought me Lego Batman 2 for my birthday. Half the time when I boot it up I get the red ring and an error message on screen, half the time it works.

I called up Microsoft who took the details and then told me that the error code suggests I have been tampering with the Xbox. I can honestly say that I wouldn't even know where to start to do such a thing, it pretty much just sits there gathering dust.

It's one of the early core releases, and when I looked into this online, the problem is apparently that the disc drive struggles to read the newer discs. Microsoft wont acknowledge that their older systems aren't fit to play new games (all my old games still play 100% of the time) and instead say that people have tampered with the console.

It will be cheaper for me to just buy a new preowned console than get it sent off to Microsoft for repair. I keep meaning to do this, but this happened about 2 months ago now....which tells you everything you'd need to know about my motivation to bother 'hacking' or 'chipping' my console or whatever the hell it is that kids do nowadays.

It's a shame as I was really enjoying Lego Batman 2 :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arguably, it's maybe a really big add on for the third. It uses the same map and all the same assets, specifically customization parts, but on the things it does use it also adds a lot of new ones to the list, but then the actual gameplay and everything is so very above and beyond and insane and fun it's miles better than the Third. It's like if Saint's Row 3 ate Crackdown and that really good Spider-Man 2 movie game and added elemental superpowers. I played for 5 and 1/2 hours last night, did maybe 5 missions to advance the main story (which was took maybe an hour or so) and didn't even realize much time had passed at all. I played it all co-op too with a friend of mine and man it's so much fun. Anyone who liked Saint's Row the Third NEEDS to buy 4. Everyone else who never played a Saint's Row game also needs to buy this. People who don't like Saint's Row? Man, are you people just wrong entirely

The only other game I'm buying between now and when the Xbox One comes out is Batman Arkham Origins, but I consider Saint's Row 4 the perfect send off to this console generation.

This is all assuming you don't mind being Overpowered sometimes and smashing the crap out of things with no real rhyme or reason. It's serious nonsense, but I love it.

Edited by The Geohound

Arguably, it's maybe a really big add on for the third. It uses the same map and all the same assets, specifically customization parts, but on the things it does use it also adds a lot of new ones to the list, but then the actual gameplay and everything is so very above and beyond and insane and fun it's miles better than the Third. It's like if Saint's Row 3 ate Crackdown and that really good Spider-Man 2 movie game and added elemental superpowers. I played for 5 and 1/2 hours last night, did maybe 5 missions to advance the main story (which was took maybe an hour or so) and didn't even realize much time had passed at all. I played it all co-op too with a friend of mine and man it's so much fun. Anyone who liked Saint's Row the Third NEEDS to buy 4. Everyone else who never played a Saint's Row game also needs to buy this. People who don't like Saint's Row? Man, are you people just wrong entirely

The only other game I'm buying between now and when the Xbox One comes out is Batman Arkham Origins, but I consider Saint's Row 4 the perfect send off to this console generation.

This is all assuming you don't mind being Overpowered sometimes and smashing the crap out of things with no real rhyme or reason. It's serious nonsense, but I love it.

Ah so less Spider-Man 2 where it's very feasible to get the living crap kicked out of you and more The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction where... it is not that easy to die.

As far as a generational send off, we do still have GTA V coming up. And while I'm not a GTA fan, the game does have potential to kick some ass.

And theoretically eventually we're going to get South Park: The Stick of Truth. Maybe. I hope...

I prefer Saints over GTA. I've never enjoyed a GTA and while I can see the meritt and why people like them, that kind of thing is just better for me in a world much less serious. And no, it's like Spider-Man because while you have all the super powers in the world, early in at least, you can still die fairly easily. I died a bunch of times because I am not yet bulletproof and there's just a ton of badguys at a time kicking my ass. Once you get a leveled up though, then it's Hulk time. Apparently. I never played that game, but I heard it was awesome.

And I'm more referencing it as a send off to the 360 for me personally, not in general. I know people wants the GTA and stuff, but this is the magnum opus for me.

Edited by The Geohound

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone played the Star Trek game? Saw this was on clearance and was wondering if it was a blind buy or not?

I'm curious if anyone played the Star Trek game? Saw this was on clearance and was wondering if it was a blind buy or not?

General consensus is that it's absolutely horrendous, godaawful, painful, and a disgrace to its name.

But I guess you can decide for yourself.

It's been way too long since ive checked back here, so I should just put in my 2 cents

CURRENTLY PLAYING:

Minecraft: Me and a couple friends rejoined our old server where we used to be pretty much Gods with multiple fully enchanted items, chests full of diamond stacks and a huge nation; Well turns out server was reset so we restarted our nation which really wasn't bad because once you are the best in the server and have literally everything except herobrine's head it gets pretty stale.. We've been rebuilding our nation and everything has been pretty good

ModNation Racers: had it 100% on PSP. I loved it when I played it on the PSP and I beat it on PS3 a while ago, but I thought I might as well do to the great customization but it just feels like somethings missing..

Blacklight Retribution: My favorite shooter of all time, Been playing for a year and a half now and I cant wait too play it on PS4!

Beat:

Saints Row 4: Saints Row 2 is my favorite game of all time and over time i've come to the conclusion was quite boring so I was very skeptical on 4, But I took the risk and I do not regret it! The game is simply fun. I thought that the powers were just a cheap add-on/ sad excuse for dlc turned into full game; but the more I found myself using them, I realized it's one of the best superhero games out there. The story is much improved for the third and is witty and im going to say it again, fun. I was also worried that i'd be sick of the map after playing SRTT for a while but the powers add verticality making the map feel new since you are now jumping roof top to roof top.

Upcoming:

GTA 5: The game seems technically amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it. GTA Online is something me and my friends plan on spending hours upon hours playing so as I said before, Can't wait!

General consensus is that it's absolutely horrendous, godaawful, painful, and a disgrace to its name.

That's basically what I've heard too. Guess it a pass unless it goes below $10. I'm really hoping that the Star Wars Battleground lives up to its hype. Makes me kind of wish there was a pod racer game on the consoles.

That's basically what I've heard too. Guess it a pass unless it goes below $10. I'm really hoping that the Star Wars Battleground lives up to its hype. Makes me kind of wish there was a pod racer game on the consoles.

Theres gonna be a new Galactic Battlegrounds? or do you mean Battlefront?

Anyone else as excited as I am for the new GTA hitting tomorrow?

I'm pretty much hearing nothing but good things about it.

T.

GTA V does look fantastic. One of those games where you just get so adsorbed in it and don't want to put it down, but I have way too much on my plate video game wise. I have this horrible habit of starting and not finishing games, as well as getting into a series only to put off playing the sequel for way too long. I still have to beat Silent Hill, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, games that I recently put off in favor of the amazing Pikmin 3. I bought Killer Is Dead, but am refusing to play it until I beat other games first. I also want to pick up Pokemon White, which I never got, in anticipation for X&Y, and the Wonderful 101 looks amazing. Hell, I haven't beat any of the old GTAs, and there are tons of sandbox games I haven't played yet as I got my PS3 a few years into it's lifespan.

I'm also a bit hesitant to pick up an AAA game that will probably have lots of DLC at launch, since a "complete edition" is inevitable. Metal Gear Rising, Killer Is Dead and The Wonderful 101 are all games I don't mind buying at launch, as those companies are a bit on the smaller side and don't tend to make as much money, same went for Pikmin 3 as I wanted show my support for that series, but I really doubt Rockstar or GTA is in that much need for my support.

I've heard a lot of people praise SR 2 over 3, how does 4 stand in relation to that?

Anyone else as excited as I am for the new GTA hitting tomorrow?

I'm pretty much hearing nothing but good things about it.

T.

GTA V does look fantastic. One of those games where you just get so adsorbed in it and don't want to put it down, but I have way too much on my plate video game wise. I have this horrible habit of starting and not finishing games, as well as getting into a series only to put off playing the sequel for way too long. I still have to beat Silent Hill, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, games that I recently put off in favor of the amazing Pikmin 3. I bought Killer Is Dead, but am refusing to play it until I beat other games first. I also want to pick up Pokemon White, which I never got, in anticipation for X&Y, and the Wonderful 101 looks amazing. Hell, I haven't beat any of the old GTAs, and there are tons of sandbox games I haven't played yet as I got my PS3 a few years into it's lifespan.

I'm also a bit hesitant to pick up an AAA game that will probably have lots of DLC at launch, since a "complete edition" is inevitable. Metal Gear Rising, Killer Is Dead and The Wonderful 101 are all games I don't mind buying at launch, as those companies are a bit on the smaller side and don't tend to make as much money, same went for Pikmin 3 as I wanted show my support for that series, but I really doubt Rockstar or GTA is in that much need for my support.

>Arguably, it's maybe a really big add on for the third. It uses the same map and all the same assets, specifically customization parts, but on the things it does use it also adds a lot of new ones to the list, but then the actual gameplay and everything is so very above and beyond and insane and fun it's miles better than the Third. It's like if Saint's Row 3 ate Crackdown and that really good Spider-Man 2 movie game and added elemental superpowers. I played for 5 and 1/2 hours last night, did maybe 5 missions to advance the main story (which was took maybe an hour or so) and didn't even realize much time had passed at all. I played it all co-op too with a friend of mine and man it's so much fun. Anyone who liked Saint's Row the Third NEEDS to buy 4. Everyone else who never played a Saint's Row game also needs to buy this. People who don't like Saint's Row? Man, are you people just wrong entirely

I've heard a lot of people praise SR 2 over 3, how does 4 stand in relation to that?

That's what I waited for with IV. That and the price to drop and sadly I haven't played it yet. My backlog is nuts and I think the problem is I've been spending too much in story involved games.

If this is the one you guys are talking about, this game does indeed look painful.

http://youtu.be/b2haKPefO3E

I haven't even turned on my computer this past week because a little game called Grand Theft Auto 5. I only got about 15 missions to go so I am approaching the end of the game and I gotta say; I am speechless. I could seriously go on for hours about how amazing the game is. For example, The GTA4 story in my opinion was so dull and boring, So I wasn't too excited for this one's story and my God, the story in this one is leaps and bounds better then GTA4, It's the reason why I haven't put down the controller and it's the reason why I am almost 30 hours in and i haven't even explored all the city and have yet to get 5 stars {outside of missions that is}. Michael's family life is brutal and at the same time so interesting, Franklin is smart and quick but hanging around with a bunch of dumba**'s who get you in terrible situations {which is obviously where the fun comes from} and Trevor, well Trevor is a real piece of work.

There are a couple of times where I have to stop and realize I am playing a game and not watching a movie because the world of Los Santos is so huge and varying. One moment you can be on top of the vinewood sign looking at the view of an amazing city, then you can take a helicopter and see the view of a terrible junky trailer park and forest. It's not just the overall world that's amazing, it's also the little details like the tennis mini game which they could have just made "Press X to swing" but it's much more then that, there's 4 different types of hits you can do and you'll actually need to use them at the right time to win, I mean when even a small tennis mini game is perfect you know you've got yourself a masterpiece of a game.

Online is being released in about 10 days so I strongly advise you and a couple of your friends to pick up a copy and start building up your skills because this game is easily one of the greatest of all time and the online is looking huge as well due to the 500 missions that are already developed online.

Like I said before the game is a masterpiece and if you have any questions please feel free to ask {I might be a day or two late though}