UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Found myself a delightfully cheap copy of LOTR: War in the North. I'm certainly enjoying myself, but the world reminds me more of Dragon Age than Middle Earth for some reason... I dunno I guess I just think it's too bleak. But I do like the combat.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aha, that's what I thought. I'm starting to do that myself. Although it bites me in the butt every so often when going from my downstairs to my upstairs console. Ended up just putting Judgement on my flash drive for the moment. So I have a gift card and wondering if I should pick up Tomb Raider or Skyrim. Not sure when I'll play either, but don't want to let it go to waste.

Well d'ya like the other Elder Scrolls games?

I don't know. Ady suggested Oblivion for my mrs. ages ago and she ended up not playing it. So I have no experience with it other than that. I've heard some good things on both games, I'm just trying to get my bang for my buck experience. Especially with both being on sale at Target at the moment.

Finished up the Judgement campaign and going to start the aftermath campaign once everyone goes to be tonight. Might go back to Mass Effect after this. Still haven't finished up the first game.

In case y'all haven't seen it... Possibly the best thing. Ever.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is easily one of my top 5 XBLA games ever. That game is a stinkin blast!!

As for my weekend, I played several hours of our Memorial Day tradition: Call of Duty. Every year I get together with my Brother-in-law and whoever else shows up and we rock some CoD to celebrate Merica! Yesterday we ran about 3 hours in Zombie which was quite fun. And then finished off the night with Team-Deathmatch against a bunch of bots. Nice holiday if you ask me!

This week has already started off amazing. So yesterday Plants Vs Zombies 2 was announced. It's coming out in July. Such an amazing game!!

http://youtu.be/gbcBYs0ljI0

Then, today Lionhead has announced "Fables Anniversary" for Xbox 360, which is an HD remake of the first Fable game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/04/lionhead-teases-fable-hd-remake?abthid=51adf14283072e4f50000008

And 343 announced Halo: Spartan Assault for Win8 and WinPhone.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/04/halo-spartan-assault?abthid=51adf1995470bf264400000c

Also today LEGO Batman 2 AND Tomb Raider hit Xbox Live Games on Demand. Not only that, but LEGO Batman is $20 and Tomb Raider is $30. That's a great price and I will be downloading both this evening.

And today is only Tuesday. Tomorrow Stay of Decay is releasing on XBLA, Sunday is Animal Crossing DS, and then Monday kicks off E3. Great time to be a gamer!

Edited by neolego

At last I picked up a copy of Uncharted 3 after finally finishing 2 yesterday.

So... kay Uncharted is a game I play in a very specific way. I play it from like 9 PM to 4 AM nonstop. Then I hit that ONE battle that kicks my ass into the ground and I realize my motor skills are DEAD by this point and continuing will only lead to frustration so I put it down for like 2-3 days and do other things. I have reached that point tonight.

But holy pie this game is good.

Well, I had a pretty fun night last night. I'm working through my list of "Games to Play Before Xbox One Release", so I'm about half way through CoD: BOPS 2. It's been pretty fun, like most CoD games before it. I'm really excited about Ghost and am hoping for something fresh. I also played a little LEGO Batman 2, My goal is to try and 100% LEGO Batman 1 and 2, LEGO Star Wars Complete Series and 3, and LEGO LotR...we'll see how that goes. But playing through LEGO Batman 2 again, I can easily say it's my favorite LEGO game to date and only makes me more and more excited for LEGO Marvel Heroes!

On a final note, I'd like to add that I started "State of Decay" last night. If you haven't heard about it, I recommend you Google it and read up. In short, it's an Open-World, Zombie Apocalypse that you have to survive. Sounds super familiar, I know, but the hook is that it's really all about exploration and survival. You start out at a camping sight with a few survivors. You start getting missions to search tents and cabins for supplies and board up the windows of your ranger station for protection. The great thing is that EVERYTHING takes stamina. So, if you want to RUN across the field you are loosing stamina and if you get attacked by a zombie herd you are going to be in trouble. Wildly swinging your weapon will make you tried very fast. Also, for the record, I'm about an hour in and there is no ammo to be found, all melee, so it is in your best interested in take your time and be quite. Speaking of being quite. When you come to a cooler or backpack that you can search, it takes a while for you to search. During this time you are vulnerable to attacks. You can choose to press the LB and search faster, but searching faster makes more noise which will attract more zombies. The final feature I'll mention, is Permadeath. If you die, you instantly take over the life of someone else inside your base of operations. And you start again at level 1 with no upgrades and none of the items that player died with. And you keep trucking along. The game is about survival and so far it's awesome!! I would recommend anyone give it a shot. XBLA gives you a free trial of any of their games, so you owe it to yourself to give this game a shot!

P.S. This is single player only. Undead Labs (the developer) has stated that if this game is successful, their next game (already titled Class4) will basically be an MMO spiritual sequel to State of Decay. So, as much as I'm loving State of Decay, the idea of a MMO set in the same (or similar world) is brilliant! TRY IT!

I have 1 friend on my 3DS. Does anyone want to exchange friend codes? I play a lot of Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Both Mario Games, and currently, almost obsessively, Animal Crossing!

My Friend Code is: 2079-6411-6468

I had an amazing weekend for Father's Day. Played some games, but most all of my time was split between Animal Crossing DS and State of Decay.

I've mentioned it here before, but SoD is such a good game. I'm off the mountain now and strolling city streets looking for survivors and supplies. I just can't get enough of this game, it is on pace to be my favorite Arcade game of the year!

Animal Crossing is Animal Crossing. the game is addictive and fun and suffers from that "just a few more minutes" syndrome. Best 3DS game yet!

Anyone else pick up State of Decay yet? Thoughts?

I just started playing LEGO LotR the other day. Gotta say that this one seems like it is going to take me forever to get through!!!

And still enjoying Injustice: Gods Among Us and all of the DLC content that they are delivering. The new skins they keep bringing out are a refreshing way to keep the fighting interesting. Though, they do need to give a few of the characters who only have the basic skins some love. Can't wait to get my hands on Zod and test him out and I do hope they continue with more character content in the future, a season pack 2 would be great. My biggest complaint to date is the inclusion of Scorpion.......he was rumored, but then Boon said naw, he won't be included but sure enough......there he is. He is a good character but with the vast amount of characters in the DC universe, they could have made this a strictly DC only game. It's not a huge deal for me but I would have liked to seen an obscure character get a revamp and put in this game.

I'm not a big gamer anymore but I found a couple of iPad games that I really enjoyed.

Avadon: The Black Fortress - This is an indy RPG game that switches to turn-based mode when in combat. Graphics are old school and harken back to the old Ultima series of games. I think what sets this game apart is the story. Your character operates in a world of ethical gray where none of the choices are black and white. You are a Hand or soldier for the realm's peacekeeping force known as Avadon. Avadon enforces the peace between the nations, but at what cost? You get to fight dragons, ogres, evil wizards while leveling up and collecting cool loot. A sequel is coming this fall.

Rebuild - This is an indy city management style game with a twist. You are retaking and reclaiming a city block by block after a zombie apocalypse. There isn't any on screen action in this game, it's a turn based game where battles are resolved off screen and you are told the results. You recruit survivors who can level up and do various tasks - clear out zombies, rebuild a city block, scavenge for loot and supplies, and research scientific discoveries. I think what makes this game so successful is range of events you deal with. Like any post-apocalyptic leader you need to deal with starvation, massive hordes of zombie invaders, marauding humans, and traitors in your camp. There are supposedly something like eight different paths to victory. Towards the end of the game, you get to hand-pick five survivors from your camp to relocate to a new city to rebuild. It's the same process starting over with the difficulty level increased but your survivors keep their experience level and loot. The designer is working on a follow-up.

• 2 weeks later...

My time has honestly been spent with Animal Crossing and State of Decay, not much change. However, my wife is away this week with the kids, so I'm going to be gaming heavy. I have made a list of games that I want to complete before the Xbox One launches. That list looks like this: Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Portal 2, and Jurassic Park. Not to mention I have to finish Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed 3. So, starting tonight, I'm going to finish up BOps2 and more of AC3. Then I plan to start Tomb Raider tomorrow. There is just so much good left to play in this generation!

Also, if you guys haven't heard yet, Xbox Live is having an amazing "Ultimate Games Sale" this week. I just picked up Far Cry 3 for $20, Borderlands 2 for $10, and Perfect Dark Zero for $3. There are going to be some amazing daily sales this week so I would keep your eyes peeled!

Jurassic Park

Great game. I was reminded of it recently.

http://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/point-pleasant-part2/

That looks fun. Unfortunately, the TellTale's game didn't get a lot of praise, but I picked it up months ago and just haven't played it yet. Since I own it, I'm going to play it! We will see.

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean has just been re-released for PS3 at a relatively cheap price, so i picked it up. It's actually damn good fun.

No doubt. I've played all of the LEGO games. While I am still partial to Batman 2 (until Marvel Heroes of course!), Pirates is probably my 2nd favorite. IMO, it has the best level design of any of the games to date. Playing with the water, under water stuff was fantastic! I think that Pirates is mainly held back, like LotR, by story. They are stuck to the movies they are based on. I didn't think that was a problem since they have been doing that since the original LEGO Star Wars, but now having played Batman 1 and, more importantly 2 and LEGO City Stories, I just love the potential of original stories and just feel they can be more creative in that realm. But at the end of the day, I'm like the biggest LEGO game fan, so I will buy and play them all, no question! :)

On my 360:

Toy Story 3- I've always had a fondness for the characters and story so when I read the reviews that the game was actually good I tracked it down for a mere $17. Yes, it's a kids game but the graphics are top notch along with the voices and music. There's the main missions mode where you explore various locales from the film and climb up everyday objects to get to higher places....or use a combination of abilities from Woody (uses his pull strip like a whip to cross gaps), Buzz (throws Woody to higher platforms) or Jessie (not sure what she does yet). There's also toy box mode which acts as a mini-mission hub in a canyon setting. You can paint buildings, buy clothing for the townspeople, unlock new toys to play with. It's a blast. Controls and camera are spot on. The first time I popped this in (late at night after the kids went down) I told myself I'd only play for 20 minutes......which quickly turned into an hour and a half.

On my iPhone:

Marvel Avengers Alliance- I missed out the first go round when it was on facebook so I just started playing a week ago on my phone. I was lucky enough to earn gold so I purchased the miasma cannon (poisoning characters over time so their health is constantly dropping) I REFUSE to pay actual money on this game so it's slow going before I can get anymore heroes. Any tips for a new player? I just beat Loki last night but don't have enough Stars to get to the abomination level with Hulk- so I'm replaying my previous missions and plowing thru them with ease. Love this game- could play it all day long.

On my 360:

Toy Story 3- I've always had a fondness for the characters and story so when I read the reviews that the game was actually good I tracked it down for a mere $17. Yes, it's a kids game but the graphics are top notch along with the voices and music. There's the main missions mode where you explore various locales from the film and climb up everyday objects to get to higher places....or use a combination of abilities from Woody (uses his pull strip like a whip to cross gaps), Buzz (throws Woody to higher platforms) or Jessie (not sure what she does yet). There's also toy box mode which acts as a mini-mission hub in a canyon setting. You can paint buildings, buy clothing for the townspeople, unlock new toys to play with. It's a blast. Controls and camera are spot on. The first time I popped this in (late at night after the kids went down) I told myself I'd only play for 20 minutes......which quickly turned into an hour and a half.

On my iPhone:

Marvel Avengers Alliance- I missed out the first go round when it was on facebook so I just started playing a week ago on my phone. I was lucky enough to earn gold so I purchased the miasma cannon (poisoning characters over time so their health is constantly dropping) I REFUSE to pay actual money on this game so it's slow going before I can get anymore heroes. Any tips for a new player? I just beat Loki last night but don't have enough Stars to get to the abomination level with Hulk- so I'm replaying my previous missions and plowing thru them with ease. Love this game- could play it all day long.

Jeff, I'm playing on my iPad and I LOVE it! Send me an invite: neolego. We can be friends and I can help you with staffing and items.

Also, Toy Story 3 is amazing! Probably the best "kids" game that's not LEGO on the 360. Toy Box is a blast.

Just beat Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 64. Als cleared Army of Two on the 360. I've just started playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Nintendo games always cheer me up, a lot of fun. Heh, I'm also a Lego videogame fan, got 100% on every one except Undercover, since I don't have a Wii U (yet, waiting for Smash Bros 4).

@Jeff: check out the Avengers Alliance topic for help! Or the Playdom forum. I'm pretty sure you can't start the Hulk Premium mission unless you buy the character with command points. That's how it is on the Facebook version.

I've been in a rut lately and haven't started playing much of anything. Been bouncing back and forth between Halo 4 multi and Lego Batman, since those are one's I can play in front of my 4 year old.

I've been in a rut lately and haven't started playing much of anything. Been bouncing back and forth between Halo 4 multi and Lego Batman, since those are one's I can play in front of my 4 year old.

I feel your pain man. I have Dishonored, Tomb Raider, and 400 Days calling my name.....but I have to wait until bedtime!

I bought the Last of Us last week and finished it yesterday. It's a fun game but i don't think it deserves all that praise it gets. The setting, the graphics, the voice over and all that are amazing but while the gameplay is entertaining it gets kinda old after a little while. Also, the only lengthy chapter was the Summer one. The rest i finished in two gameplay sessions (about 2-2:30 each). Also, i kept hearing how Ellie and Joel go together like spiderman and bad luck, batman and robin but i never quite saw that. Sure, you see their bond in the Spring chapter but before that you don't get a good understanding of what makes them a good and human duo.

Also, i kept hearing how lovable and relatable Ellie is but all i got was yet another character that i didn't care for. I kept hearing how heart breaking the Winter part is but i found it quite meh. And Joel is your typical gaming father. He has lost his child and thus he is an angry asshole who when he sees a little girl he rejects it but ultimately embraces it. Not that it's a bad thing and it's what most humans would probably turn out like but when i play games i play them to see something extraordinary, not see the same movie again. It reminded me of "Childern of Men" to tell you the truth. I get that they want for a more human approach and while it had its shining moments (the part in the city with the car, the voice work and the way they made the characters feel real) it turned out boring in the sense that apart from a story that slowly progressed (i expected most of the things that happened to tell you the truth, the course that the game took was pretty predictable) and the landscapes the gameplay got quite boring after a while, thus making the title seem a bit dissapointing. I didn't expect any Uncharted type of chases or cinematic setpieces but i wanted to see more of the world. The whole story was: Take the girl from point A to point B.

Also, the ending was pretty sudden. He lied to her and now they'll live in his brother's city. While it does get out of the whole happy ending cliche it would have been better if we could see a bit more of the aftermath. Are the Fireflies coming for them? Has the army learned about this? Will they try to get to her?

Bioshock: Infinite remains my top game of the year and one of the best i have played in my whole life. TLOU gets an 8.7 from me. Not quite an excellent game but a great one nonetheless.

Edited by Kostisfire