• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Playing Skyrim.

Always Skyrim.

How many hrs so far? - I put in around 100 and stopped playing late in the summer,so am curious how many you're hitting now?

Dishonoured is the game currently clogging up the DVD on my xbox, after a looooooong stint in Borderlands 2.

I think if I can find a copy cheaply enough that Far Cry 3 will be next on my playlist.

T.

If it's Skyrim you're talking about, I have about 200+ hours into it. During the summer, it's all I played.

I'll be heading back to Tamriel when we PS3 owners get Dragonborn. But until then I decided recently to dig back into my library and see if I can finish Windwaker. It is undoubtedly one of the more tedious games I've ever played what with having to check the chart and then back out and then check it and then play the song again and move the wind and check the chart and pause and equip the right items then go somewhere long enough to check the chart and change your item set... Yeah it can get very slow. But I do like that every island has something interesting.

I have spent much time on Dishonored recently though. I don't think I've ever played anything like it... I want more. Dishonored 2 please.

I have spent much time on Dishonored recently though. I don't think I've ever played anything like it... I want more. Dishonored 2 please.

There is an older PC game series called Thief, and dishonored feels like the spiritual successor to that, in fact I believe the lead designer was the same for both. Think of it as Bioshock feeling like a newer version of System Shock.

T.

I've heard some good things about Far Cry 3. I'm going to start up on Black OPS II sometime this weekend. Been too exhausted to play much outside of the 45 minutes of Halo 4 the past few nights.

A couple weeks ago I picked up Saint's Row the third and I love it immensely. Sain't Row 2 was one of my favorite games for a long time and this one is even better and so much more fun. And then at some point I need to go back and finish Assassin's Creed 3 and Spartan Ops for Halo 4 and FarCry 3. Of those, surprisingly FarCry 3 immediately jumped to the too of my favorites list. If it weren't for Borderlands 2, FarCry would absolutely be the best game I've played this. It probably is the best game I've played this year, but I'm biased towards Borderlands. And new DLC for that in two weeks is also going to be great fun. I have a lot of stuff to play. And of course anytime I don't know what to play there's Minecraft sitting there and I'll play that damn thing for an entire day before I even do anything of signifigant purpose. Minecraft is awesome.

Playing Skyrim.

Always Skyrim.

How many hrs so far? - I put in around 100 and stopped playing late in the summer,so am curious how many you're hitting now?

T.

If it's Skyrim you're talking about, I have about 200+ hours into it. During the summer, it's all I played.

I used to play on a pal's PS3 when I'd go over and visit. I don't have a tee-vee, so while I wanted to get the system I never put much thought in doing it anytime soon. Then they bought an X-Box 360 just before the holidays and that got me to itching since they could get Dragonborn, Dawnguard and Hearthfire.

So shortly before Christmas, they show up with my Christmas gift... and brand-new flat-screen tee-vee! I immediately took them with to get a X-Box 360 and started playing! I'll have to check when I get home (at work now). I've done several quests I'd done before so I could get nice and levelled up, while others I plan to do but not get around to. I'm level 43 or 44 right now, I think, and I just started playing Dawnguard stuff at all a few days ago. Been sick and having to work, so I haven't gotten to play in a couple of days.

I can tell you that I'm a green, male Argonian with horns on his head and solid blue eyes. I use lots of one-handed, light armor and archery. I love the dragonbone weapons and light armor. I've made a 2 swords, a mace and a bow with... all enchanted and named after songs. My swords "Cool Jerk" does frost damage, "Heat Wave" does fire, "Mess Around" is my stamina-damaging bow and then "Polythene Pam" is my soul-stealing mace. I'm in charge of both the Thieves Guild and Companions at this point and fully use the Ring of Hircine to change whenever I want using werewolf perk and devour unsuspecting peoples. I love it.

I own three houses so far, Lakeview Manor, Windstad Manor and Breezehome. Lakeview is my "family" home with Lydia as Steward, Rayya as Housecarl, 2 adopted kids, pet is a baby skeever, a cow, a horse, three chickens and a house-drawn carriage with driver. I repeatedley have dead dragons falling out of the sky next to the door.

Started playing Black OPS II a few nights ago and kind of feeling lukewarm on this one. It isn't the storyline, but the game play that is causing me to feel this way. It just feels so frantic. Now I know better than anyone that's how it is in a combat zone, but it just feels over the top. I'm playing whatever the normal settings are and I can't even line up a shot half the time and then I'm dead. I haven't seen AI's this useless since Resident Evil 5. Not trying to start any bashing on this particular game. Just trying to get a sense of what others think about it without it resorting to that. I've liked the previous stuff.

So I started playing Halo 2. I know that they updated Halo with the Combat Evolved Edition. Do you think they'll get around to this one too? For the most part it isn't bad, the human's faces don't really measure up, but it isn't that distracting. Story is fun of course.

I figure eventually they'll get around to it, though my guess is it'll be a dual release for the Xbox3 whenever it comes out soonish.

I'm playing Lego Pirates of the Caribian. I hate this game. Not only is it not fun at all, but it keeps breaking. I'm afraid it's going to fry my xbox. It's one shoddy game.

I figure eventually they'll get around to it, though my guess is it'll be a dual release for the Xbox3 whenever it comes out soonish.

I'm playing Lego Pirates of the Caribian. I hate this game. Not only is it not fun at all, but it keeps breaking. I'm afraid it's going to fry my xbox. It's one shoddy game.

Breaking how?

And if it sucks, trade it in, get like 2 cents back and put it towards Dishonored. If you have Dishonored then... I dunno put it toward something like Lego Batman 2 or Lego LOTR. I've heard those are pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

g'dd'y ate my post.

Finally got my Mechromancer to 50 on the 360 version, don't suppose anyone has some spare gear kicking around do they? After hundreds of hours farming stuff on the PC Im not overly keen on doing it again :/

This may sound shady, but what do you need? I got... well, a lot of stuff.

I need to find time to play through the latest expansion for Borderlands...

But the videogame thing I'm most happy about.... GOG just re-released System Shock 2... in a version that runs on modern systems without an epic amount of faffing around!

System Shock 2 is probably IMO one of the most immersive scary brilliant video games ever created. I'd recommend anyone who can get over the very old (1999) graphics and interface give it a try... trust me if you stick with it you'll be drawn in.

T.

• 2 weeks later...

g'dd'y ate my post.

Finally got my Mechromancer to 50 on the 360 version, don't suppose anyone has some spare gear kicking around do they? After hundreds of hours farming stuff on the PC Im not overly keen on doing it again :/

This may sound shady, but what do you need? I got... well, a lot of stuff.
Somehow missed this reply for ages.

Aside from the stereotypical need for a (shock) Conference Call and any variety of Bee, I've been mainly hunting down:

Thunderball Fists

Yellow Jacket

Shock Norfleet

and Stormfront Grenades.

If you have any of those going spare I have some tolerable things I could probably trade (Corporate Bitch, Stupid shield that acts like a Teridore weapon)

Conference call, bee, thunderball fists I can do easy. Only yellow jacket I have gotten at this point was lvl 34 and I don't think I have it anymore. I have never seen a shock norfleet, but I imagine that would be neat. I've been meaning to go after a storm front so maybe I'll do that and get a couple (got a low level one on normal mode and it seemed cool. If you don't have one I might also suggest a black hole shield. I have a friend who runs a pretty serious electric Mechromancer and he loves that thing for her.

EDIT: apparently my thunderball fists are AWOL, so poo for that, but I might have something you could use as a suitable replacement.

Edited by The Geohound

Conference call, bee, thunderball fists I can do easy. Only yellow jacket I have gotten at this point was lvl 34 and I don't think I have it anymore. I have never seen a shock norfleet, but I imagine that would be neat. I've been meaning to go after a storm front so maybe I'll do that and get a couple (got a low level one on normal mode and it seemed cool. If you don't have one I might also suggest a black hole shield. I have a friend who runs a pretty serious electric Mechromancer and he loves that thing for her.

EDIT: apparently my thunderball fists are AWOL, so poo for that, but I might have something you could use as a suitable replacement.

I've got a black hole, it is indeed rather nice, coincidentally I went and farmed Jackenstein last night and managed to get two YellowJackets, so I have a level 48 one going spare if you want it.

My loadout and gearing isn't too bad now.

Im running this spec:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=192482

With the following weapon loadout:

YellowJacket

Double Penetrating Harold

A couple of random Epic weapons of the shock variety

Black Hole / Seraph Turtle Shield

Bouncing Benny Grenades / 25% Shock damage Relic / Class mod that works well with the spec

Bee and a (shock ideally) Conference Call would pretty much be the icing on the cake.

I have come to love the Harold, really. But I have a spare bee and shock conference call so next time I see you playing I'll just hop in your game and dump them to you. I don't really need the Yellow Jacket. I played around with it for a bit and it's not really the kind of gun I would use much. Plus my other characters will get there eventually and I'll get one then.

Edited by The Geohound