UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Cross my fingers the next one on Wii U will be a little less Level Revisiting. I just personally rather play a 5-6 hour game than a 12 hour game that has you revisit every area over 10 times to get the story progressing. Especially for a new system like Wii U, they should invest in Level Creating.

I think Mario Games on Wii usually Master this balance, with so many many distinct levels. You usually do not have to revisit EVERY world more than once unless you WANT to get more stars or bonuses/achievements and the boss levels are super fun and visually exciting.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend and I found copies of FEAR 3 (I refuse to type it as F.3.A.R. from this point onwards because that's just dumb) at my local Target on clearance for $10 this past week so we grabbed them. Neither one of knew anything about it but here likes the FEAR series and I played 2 and it wasn't bad and I have issue turning down games for $10. So he started playing while I was doing random junk and immediately we see there's co-op campaign. We didn't know this so I grabbed a controller and we start together and within in 5 minutes we were both just having a blast. Say what you will about any other part of that game, the story sucks, the graphics are boring, it's not scary for a game that's supposed to be scary, but that is one of the absolute most fun co-op campaigns I have ever played in my entire life. Anyone who wants to have a fun time with a buddy, give this a shot. we beat the campaign in 2 sittings spanning probably 36 hours or less, but I know we're going to play it again soon. And we didn't even play the multiplayer. I tried out some of it and it seems alright, but for $10, the co-op campaign alone was worth my money. Hell, if I had known about it and that it was this much fun, I could probably have justified paying full price for this game. Really, check it out. And if you have no friends but wanna play co-op, let me know. I haven't done it single player yet, but I assume the A.I. for the other guy is just dumb as a bag of rocks.

Edited by The Geohound

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of days ago I traded in most of my games. I find I never find the time to play anything and have decided to only purchase games I have full intent on playing through (or studios whose games I collect; level 5, thatgamecompany, team ico, valve). Not ones I think I may get around to some day. I have also decided to put hardcore trophy hunting behind me. It was fun, but I wasted a lot of money on games I never cared about because it was an easy plat. Don't get me wrong, if I can get some PS-plus (when I use free trial months) freebies or easy games from the local library, I will totes trophy whore it up, I just can't justify spending money on intangible achievements like I used to. Turns out your ''man hood'' isn't as big as how many psn trophies you have... I never knew... :tongue:

Anyway, to what I am currently playing, I am finally taking the time to play through Arkham Asylum (with the intent of playing Arkham City after). I am only a few hours into Asylum, but oh man is it amazing!

I tried a 3 month subscription to Playstation Plus and it was one of the recent free games, sadly though I won't be able to play it once my Subscription is up but I think I'll at least be able to finish it.

Truly enjoyable game though.

Got Infamous 2 not too long ago. Very good so far.

Infamous 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. I am still playing minecraft 24/7. I bought Just Cause 2 on steam to play the multiplayer mod and boy was that fun! I am just starting the story of it though. I also got blacklight retrebution last night and i suck at it! though it seems like a game that would be awesome when mastered.

Edited by darkredshdow

I think I'm going to have my wife hide my Halo Reach game. I've been getting nutty with this and obsessed with the daily challenges on multiplayer and getting tired of these kids quitting in the middle of a game :rolleyes: Yesterday was particular bad, seemed that all of the bad players got released from their work release programs and ended up on my team...frustrating :verymad: Anyway, need to get back into Mass Effect and some other games I've been ignoring.

Infamous 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. I am still playing minecraft 24/7. I bought Just Cause 2 on steam to play the multiplayer mod and boy was that fun! I am just starting the story of it though. I also got blacklight retrebution last night and i suck at it! though it seems like a game that would be awesome when mastered.

Is Infamous 2 one of those 'Seriously play it even if you don't like the first one because it'll change everything" games? Because if not I don't think I'm going to be trying it. I don't really like Infamous 1.

Is Infamous 2 one of those 'Seriously play it even if you don't like the first one because it'll change everything" games? Because if not I don't think I'm going to be trying it. I don't really like Infamous 1.

Well I actually never fully played infamous 1. I played the demo for it though and for my small time of playing the demo I can say the engine is leaps and bounds better. Although it gets repetitive after a while.

• 1 month later...

I picked up Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition a few weeks back. I need to start playing, but I'm back to the Mass Effect.

I picked up Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition a few weeks back. I need to start playing, but I'm back to the Mass Effect.

Red Dead is a great game Don, you should really try to find time for it.

As for what I'm playing right now, I'm trying to finish up Torchlight so that when the new one hits later this month I dont have to feel bad for not finishing off the first one.

T.

Red Dead is a great game Don, you should really try to find time for it.

As for what I'm playing right now, I'm trying to finish up Torchlight so that when the new one hits later this month I dont have to feel bad for not finishing off the first one.

T.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might start playing different games at the same time. Maybe play one upstairs and the other downstairs. My game backlog is big I shouldn't buy anymore games for a while, but that isn't going to happen lol. How have you been. You don't post much on your FB and I've become sporadic on the forum as of late.

I rediscovered old school videogame emulators recently, and have been playing the heck out of them when I have a free moment. I bought an Acekard for my DS, and now can play all those old NES games that, uh, I legally own copies of, via the DS. Only major grumble there is that Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! is really glitchy. Really too glitchy for me to be able to play, which bums me out since it is in my top 5 NES games ever.

Ghosts and Goblins is only extremely frustrating and difficult with the ability to save anywhere you want. Rather than being impossibly frustrating and difficult :lol:

Funny how you could save a spot right before getting to one of those Firebrands, then load it over and over and over and over and still not be able to get past the bastard without a great deal of luck. I suspect Ninja Gaiden will be the same for some of those later levels.

Edited by karamazov80

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron!

how is it? i LOVED war for cybetron but i havent gotten a chance to play past the demo of the new one :(

It is great! If you loved the last one, you will dig this one a lot! Controlling Grimlock and Bruticus is awesome. I just finished the story mode last night and tried multiplayer... until about 4am this morning!