UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

I just finished Portal 2 on single player the other day and it is one amazing game. I am looking forward to trying out the multiplayer story soon. I also found and finished portal (from Orange Box) the week before.

Next up is the full Half-Life series (PS2-PS3). A series I have wanted to play for a long time.

Also working on some easy Trophy Hunting. Got the Euro SEGA megadrive collection to stack on my Sonic's SEGA Genesis Collection.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am really enjoying the Summer of Arcade this year. I have played a little Bastion and then finally tried some From Dust last night. Both games are really fantastic. I love the art style of both games, Bastion is super colorful and the narriator is priceless. From Dust goes for a stylized real world look and it's really cool. I would reccommend both games to anyone!

Also, on the 3DS front, Nintendo is dropping the price to $170 in August. That's great news because unless people start buying the system it's going to tank. It's interesting that, at this point, the only 2 Nintendo hardware that could be considered a failure are the Virtual Boy and now 3DS....both 3D systems. Not written in stone, but interesting to say the least. The 3DS was way over priced though so I'm really hoping this new price will attract the customers. I bought my 3DS on launch and I love the system, but the serious lack of games is poor business. Also, along with that news, anyone who buys a 3DS before the price drop and connects it to the Virtual store will receive 20 free games (10 NES, 10 GBA). I think that's pretty rad, I'm a happy 3DS owner and I'm glad I bought my system when I did, but it does feel great for Nintendo saying "Thanks" for buying their overpriced machine! neo

After A long search I finally found Saints row 2{Hidden under the wii bargain bin at walmart]And its great!Im only bet about 6 missions,But thats because I mostly have been playing around the thefree roaming,Nothing better than doing a drive by with c4.......

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being a bit behind the times - but i have just started playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2.

It's ok . . . i'm not very into it yet. Possibly because i just found out that some of my most love characters are listed as Downloadable Content (Cable, Magneto, Psylocke & Carnage) - and the DLC is no longer available.

It seems like a good idea for a game, following the events of the civil war as they unfold, but i'm finding that the Multiplayer function is a bit too busy/clumsy. I seem to do a lot better when playing solo than i do playing with my partner.

Quick Question - does anyone know if there is a way to import the DLC onto an xbox now that it's not available? Can it be traded between an xbox that has it and one that doesn't? etc....

Cheers.

Sorry for being a bit behind the times - but i have just started playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2.

It's ok . . . i'm not very into it yet. Possibly because i just found out that some of my most love characters are listed as Downloadable Content (Cable, Magneto, Psylocke & Carnage) - and the DLC is no longer available.

It seems like a good idea for a game, following the events of the civil war as they unfold, but i'm finding that the Multiplayer function is a bit too busy/clumsy. I seem to do a lot better when playing solo than i do playing with my partner.

Quick Question - does anyone know if there is a way to import the DLC onto an xbox now that it's not available? Can it be traded between an xbox that has it and one that doesn't? etc....

Cheers.

Yeah it can be, but you need to transfer the licences as well, which can be a pain in the a** if you don't know the origional... wait a moment...F(Edit: I am removing the last half of this post, which had some inappropriate language for this board. -Luke)

Just got Nyan cat and arcade hoops for iPad,both are fun time wasters,but arcade hoops is awesome!Oh and handsome evil whats your PSN name?

My counselor says that all video games are time wasters XD I'm currently playing Golden Sun: The Lost Age after beating the first Golden Sun. I can't wait to beat it and move onto the DS one.

Cheers.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to move what you've downloaded from one xBox to another? If so, you might be able to transfer it to a flash drive or use the transfer kit that you can pick up for like $20, maybe cheaper at a Gamestop. I know I've been able to do it using the flash drive or just going to XBox Live and downloading each item into my que for upload the next time my 360 came on. Hopefully that is what you meant ;)

ok - well, the content is no longer available online & i didn't have the game when the content was available (ie: i have completely missed out on getting it).

But it sounds like if i find someone else who DID download the content, that i might be able to transfer it across.

Thanks for the tips Donster!

I'm on a Team Fortress 2 kick. It is free on Steam and a tight game. "Stab, stab, stab, stab"

I wanna get team fortress 2 over steam,but its like 10gb!and my computer says it will take 11 hours to download,and on top of that it will use up about 10% of my internet usage in a day!

ok - well, the content is no longer available online & i didn't have the game when the content was available (ie: i have completely missed out on getting it).

But it sounds like if i find someone else who DID download the content, that i might be able to transfer it across.

Thanks for the tips Donster!

Unfortuntly, I don't think that's the case. Everything that you download has 2 licenses. 1 to the console and 1 to the Gamertag. This allows me to Download Content to my Xbox and play it there. Also, on that same xbox, anyone else who signs in can play just on that xbox. Now, I can take that content to any other Xbox that I won't, but it will only be playable if MY Gamertag is attached to that console.

In Short. You have to Buy the DLC to get the License. The only want you are going to be able to play that DLC now is to find not only the file to transfer for also either the Licensed Console or Gamertag. Sorry. :)

Onto another note, I'm 2 missions away from beating Assassin's Creed 2 (Finally!) and 2 story achievements away from 1000gs! I really do love Assassin's Creed, may be my favorite current gen series*. I'm going to try and finish by the weekend so I can begin Brotherhood. Other than that I've just been playing the Summer of Arcade stuff. Bastion is amazing!

*Mass Effect 2 is better than Assassin's Creed 2, but AC is better than ME (IMO), but ME3 looks MUCH better than AC: Brotherhood. Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are my two favorite series in games, it's like picking a favorite child... :D. neo

• 1 month later...

Well thanks to a temporary ban from Bungie for quitting early too many times, I'm back to playing Mass Effect 2. Made a play for Tali, was getting a little bored with Jack. Now I'm getting ready to help The Thief to gain her confidence for the mission. My new Gears 3 console should be here soon, so I'm hoping to play some of that this weekend too. Guess it is time to find my flash drive again and move my GT and certain games back on it.

My wife and I finished Catherine on the 360 over the weekend. For those who haven't heard of it, the game is about a normal guy named Vincent who has some relationship problems, and those problems lead to him having brutal nightmares at night that you need to survive. This part of the game is a action puzzle game, with you frantically moving blocks around to climb large towers as these giant freaky creatures try to knock you off. During the day you mostly just watch the story unfold, as it relates his nightmares to his waking life.

I played on Normal difficulty, and it was one heck of a challenge. One of the stages took me around 40 tries to beat it. But for some reason this didn't frustrate me at all. The puzzles always had a solution that could be found after some shuffling. The controls were occasionally frustrating, but no more so than any other game I have played recently. I am really glad I picked this one up.

Now we are starting on Portal 2. :)

Here's some pictures I took at the Microsoft Store and of my new console and lancer. Thanks to a snafu on the manufacturers part I ended up with the TRU Marcus/Locust 2 pack exclusive. Set up the console on Saturday, but did to turn it on until last night. Which was kind of bitch, since I did this with a box knife when I was cleaning up our garage yesterday afternoon. Anyway, I wasn't going to let a few stitches get in the way of me playing with my new toy. Stuck with multplayer and my injury really showed in my performance last night. Hopefully I'll get to play a bit more tonight. Although probable not on my new console, but the one downstairs :tongue:

Definitely looks like fun. I've been playing the GOW3 multi-player with a bummed thumb for a few days. Now that it is on the mend I have to wonder if my gaming will improve. Something I learned last night is don't play it upstairs while the wife is trying to sleep :lol: While I had the volume down, the clicking of the controller is noisier than anything the game could make :yucky:

I need to finish Gears 2 before I get into 3, but I've heard nothing but good stuff.

I have Rage coming to me this week, I really hope it lives up to expectations.

I am around 75 hours into Fallout: New Vegas, and I have barely touched any of the add-on content. I don't really want to get pulled out of it at this point, but with the holiday game release schedule, I fear I won't have much of a choice.