UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Is anyone else keeping up on the PSN news? I can't believe this crap!

I am not happy Bob. Not. Happy. Thankfully I don't think I actually gave them credit card stuff but I'm going by my bank tomorrow to see if I can do something about my card in case there was any problem there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone else keeping up on the PSN news? I can't believe this crap!

I am not happy Bob. Not. Happy. Thankfully I don't think I actually gave them credit card stuff but I'm going by my bank tomorrow to see if I can do something about my card in case there was any problem there.

Hopefully you didn't.

I didn't think I had until DC Universe started direct charging mine a few months back.

The whole thing is a friggin gong show.

The worst part is how Sony is dealing with it.

Step 1: Find out you've been hacked and someone has access to your user's info.

Step 2: Wait a week to tell your users that they have said information.

And you know how Sony is making it up to us? Free credit checks! Hurray! Now I can find out if they screwed me over FOR FREE!?!?! :woot:

Sony is saying that they identified that there was an intrusion on the 19th, but only just learned of the scope of the intrusion after bringing in a security firm to sift through the wreckage. Whether this is truth or just CYA speak, I dunno.

They should have at least acknowledged the possibility earlier, even if there was no evidence.

Did they really offer a free credit report?

Yep.

I can post a link in a second.

The source I have says they found out about the intrusion SOMEWHERE BETWEEN the 17th & 19th. Intentionally vague on how long they've known.

But here you go:

http://www.1up.com/news/alert-playstation-network-account-data-compromised

Also, for those of you interested, this article shows how political this fiasco is getting:

http://www.1up.com/news/psn-fiasco-prompts-connecticut-senator-demand-answers

Right, they said they knew there was an intrusion, they just didn't know what had been accessed until recently. That's what Sony is saying and that's what the article you posted is saying. That being said, I agree that they should have at least acknowledged there was a chance of something having been accessed back when they first pulled the plug. I know you don't want to cause a panic, but all this information has been in evil hacker hands for a week now.

As for the free credit report, that's just something you are entitled to, apparently. Everyone's entitled to one a year (in America, at least). Sony hasn't said they'd be footing the bill for it.

In the grand scheme of things, Sony is probably smurfed.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44108/Sony-dates-speculative-PSN-return

Sounds like the credit card data was encrypted, so there's a chance that we aren't all screwed in that regard.

But yeah, looks like we might get access to the PSN by the 3rd. It says "some services" so they'll probably give us access to the store, just not all that unimportant stuff like playing games with friends. <_<

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44108/Sony-dates-speculative-PSN-return

Sounds like the credit card data was encrypted, so there's a chance that we aren't all screwed in that regard.

But yeah, looks like we might get access to the PSN by the 3rd. It says "some services" so they'll probably give us access to the store, just not all that unimportant stuff like playing games with friends. <_<

Yea, I'm not jumping on the "change your credit card train," it would mean updating too many services I use it for. :confused:

That said, on 1up they reported that there HAVE been several issues with credit card fraud that coincide with the timing of PSN's breakdown, but they may just be coincidences.

Cross your fingers.

Yeah, the reality is that what's done is done.

Right now Sony needs to figure out where to go next, and hopefully that involves trying to make it up to their consumers.

Okay, I wanted to make sure to post this.

EVERYONE READ IT.

Sony HAS LOST your credit card information. Not only that it's very likely that they lied and DID lose the 3 digit security number too.

Congress is now dealing with them AND the FBI to find out how much of what Sony has said over the last 2 weeks is bullsh*t.

2.2 million credit card numbers have already been sold and it looks like more are on the way.

CHANGE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER.

Alright, I'm now editing this post because I skimmed the article I read, and now going back the IS the possibility that the 2.2 million credit cards is untrue. Here is the article:

http://www.1up.com/news/reports-credit-cards-sold-surface-fbi-dhs-involved-psn-investigation?pager.offset=1

Edited by Nestlé

I already changed my card when they first announced this, so it doesn't effect me in either case. I get the feeling that a lot of the supposed news that comes out regarding this will be contradictory and possibly just hearsay.

All we know for fact is:

1. The PSN was hacked

2. They accessed some personal data

3. A ton of lawyers and politicians have gotten themselves involved in the whole mess

4. The cheese stands alone

Best thing we can do is to monitor our credit/account, change our account stuff if we feel necessary, and wait and see.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

Sorry, I have little interest in the PSN meltdown. I will just add that this is the END of the Playstation Brand. It was nice...while it lasted. :)

Now, my weekend was busy but I did get some playing in. I've been watching a lot about Portal 2 and it's on my list, but I had to finally beat Still Alive first.....while I finally did yesterday. I played from start to finish in about 2 and half hours yesterday. It was a FANTASTIC game and I only got stuck once and used a walkthrough then. Now that it's behind me, I'm going to try to pick up a few achievements I missed but then it's onto Portal 2.

On a side note, LEGO Pirates comes out later this month, and then Ocarina in 3D in June, so the next few months are going to be awesome. Not to mention E3 the first week of June and all the Nintendo "Stream" stuff. Excited!! :D neo

YOU USED A WALKTHROUGH!?!?!?!?!?!

Shame Neo... Shame.

Portal is a gem of an experience you can't get anywhere else... And part of that experience is getting frustrated. No cheating in Portal 2! Got it?

I'm into chapter 6 in Portal 2.

Fantastic game. Can't get enough... Especially of the new character. Can't remember his name but he is hilarious!

Shame Neo... Shame.

Portal is a gem of an experience you can't get anywhere else... And part of that experience is getting frustrated. No cheating in Portal 2! Got it?

Fantastic game. Can't get enough... Especially of the new character. Can't remember his name but he is hilarious!

WHEATLEY! Ohhhh Wheatley... Such a friggin funny character.

[in country drawl] "I'm usin this voice so she can't pick it up on her voice sensors"

GlaDOS "Hey little robot, I can hear you."

[normal voice] "Oh! Don't have to do the voice. Run RUN!"

Shame Neo... Shame.

[in country drawl] "I'm usin this voice so she can't pick it up on her voice sensors"

LOL

There are SO MANY awesome quotes!

Don't worry, I won't post any since I don't want to spoil the game for those who haven't played yet.

I'm now into chapter 7 and my only complaint is that there hasn't been any Wheatley dialogue for awhile. :confused:

Shame Neo... Shame.

LOL

There are SO MANY awesome quotes!

Don't worry, I won't post any since I don't want to spoil the game for those who haven't played yet.

I'm now into chapter 7 and my only complaint is that there hasn't been any Wheatley dialogue for awhile. :confused:

Cave Johnson is so awesomely brutal to people that it makes up for it.

Have Medal of Honor and Lego Harry Potter heading my way. The latter is for my wife for Mother's Day, both were around $20 at Amazon. Heard some mixed reviews on MOH, but thought I would decide for myself. Need to get back into the ME campaign, but been sidetracked with family things and trying to play the GOW Beta and Reach multi lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Have Medal of Honor and Lego Harry Potter heading my way. The latter is for my wife for Mother's Day, both were around $20 at Amazon. Heard some mixed reviews on MOH, but thought I would decide for myself. Need to get back into the ME campaign, but been sidetracked with family things and trying to play the GOW Beta and Reach multi lately.

GOW3 Beta Rocks

Shame it ends today