neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a 3DS last night and I'm thinking it was a good buy. Love the slick feel of it, and the grey/ black color scheme is really cool. Thought about getting blue, but didn't like the bottom blue layer. haha like I would have seen it anyway. OCD, what can I say?

Can't wait for Zelda and MarioKart, but in the meantime I'll be playing Street Fighter and I'm going to get Ridge Racer, and possibly The Sims.

just finished the first 2 of my many gallery levels for littlebigplanet, the first 2 are x-men levels with just about every costume i could come up with (the villains will be put in a seperate level) im quite proud of them, especially my AoA ones, so if you have LBP2 and your an X-Men fan go check my levels out :D

I pursued Miranda (I <3 Sarah Walker :D ).

As for the first game, I've tried to play it but it's different from ME2, the combat especially. I couldn't really get into it that much. But, for a completionist, it may be worth playing. There are only a few key things that effect ME2 from ME3, and those same things, along with new things in ME2, carry over to ME3.

The biggest issue for me personally, is now I know MY Mass Effect story. If I was to go back and play ME1, the story of ME2 may be different than the one that I have already experienced. So, in that case, I don't want to bother with it. For better or worse, the story I played in ME2 will be my experience that I take into ME3 so I want to keep it that way. So, since you've already started playing ME2, I don't know that I'd go back personally, but that's up to you! neo

Not actually true Neo.

There are over two Hundred things in ME1 that effect your game in ME2. ME2 & ME1 combined will have an effect on over 1000 things in ME3. (Cause if you choose option 1 in ME1 then Option A in ME2 it'll give a different combination than O1 and OB, make sense?)

Having played through ME1 & 2 with several friends, the most intriguing thing is that ALL of our games are different. It's fun to compare how one universe differs from the other.

To give you guys an example, my game has the human race as being very insignificant in the universe. When you start with ME2 they make all the decisions for you from the first game. One of which being you decide to save some alien hating humans over the ruling alien council.

There really are a lot of differences and bonuses for those who've played all the games.

That said, Don, Neo is right as I said before the gameplay is GREATLY improved and streamlined for number 2.

While it's fun to be able create a universe that reflects your play style be warned: The first one isn't NEARLY as good as the second. Mostly just from a gameplay standpoint. If you can get past silly camera angles, auto-aiming combat and micromanaging equipment pick it up. If those are a deal breaker, then stick with #2.

I picked up Mass Effect a couple of days ago. I'll most likely finish out ME2 and then go back and check it out. That or just start the game and then replay ME2 under another alias. Are you able to customize your look, like the 2nd one? That is my only concern with playing either games. Although I wish EA(Bioware) would get the design of their eyes down a bit better. I noticed this on ME2 and on Dead Space. I'm starting to get some of the alliances back that I had before, namely Jack. I have a bit more renegade than paragon at the moment. So I'm trying to play a little nice to insure that I can balance things down the line. Quick question, am I supposed to get rid of the fake distress call or deter the missile attack first? I'm not sure if this is one of the dc's or part of the game. Might do the Tali mission before tackling that decision. Thanks to a buddy of mine, I'm able to play the GOW3 Beta. Really intense, but this is one that definitely shows my lack of skills. Definitely makes me hope that one of the new bundles is an exclusive GOW console. I agree with Nestle on everyones taste. I tend to take things with a grain of salt when it comes to my buddy. I'm not sure if it is his job, but he seems to be a real hard judge of games. At least here I get a better idea of what to play and what to stir clear of.

I picked up Mass Effect a couple of days ago. I'll most likely finish out ME2 and then go back and check it out. That or just start the game and then replay ME2 under another alias. Are you able to customize your look, like the 2nd one? That is my only concern with playing either games. Although I wish EA(Bioware) would get the design of their eyes down a bit better. I noticed this on ME2 and on Dead Space. I'm starting to get some of the alliances back that I had before, namely Jack. I have a bit more renegade than paragon at the moment. So I'm trying to play a little nice to insure that I can balance things down the line. Quick question, am I supposed to get rid of the fake distress call or deter the missile attack first? I'm not sure if this is one of the dc's or part of the game. Might do the Tali mission before tackling that decision. Thanks to a buddy of mine, I'm able to play the GOW3 Beta. Really intense, but this is one that definitely shows my lack of skills. Definitely makes me hope that one of the new bundles is an exclusive GOW console. I agree with Nestle on everyones taste. I tend to take things with a grain of salt when it comes to my buddy. I'm not sure if it is his job, but he seems to be a real hard judge of games. At least here I get a better idea of what to play and what to stir clear of.

You can customize your look in ME1. In ME2 you are so burned and deadlike that their surgery let's you redesign yourself. This was good for me since my character was UGLY in ME1. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that people can recognize from the first one, but who cares?

As for the "order" of missions in ME2, sorry, it's been awhile since I've played and I can't remember exactly which mission those are. That said, the order once matters ONCE during the game and I'm pretty sure neither of those missions are the one I'm referring to.

Yeah, didn't hear back from anyone and decided to close down the Blue Sun's false beacon and then tackle the missile crisis. I was a little blown away that I didn't get any paragon or renegade points on that one. Since I saved the assets and not the people. Apparently the GOW Beta is going to be like every other beta. I guess I pissed in someone's Coco Puff's because my rep took another hit yesterday. Not sure if it was because I had someone knock at the door or when someone on my team got bent because they felt I stole their kill from them :huh: Yeah, we're on the same team and you want to start trash talking. I basically told them it must be nice to have all this free time with their mom and dad paying their bills :lol: Kind of a dick move, but I kind of got tired of them running their mouth. Since I was just sitting their trying to stay alive and playing the game. This is something I kind of find frustrating with multi-player at times and playing teams, everyone wants to be individuals :down: I can understand in beta's you don't have a choice, but why not stick to rumble fish or whatever when the game drops? Not to mention, if you are going to talk smack, grow some skin and back it up. Don't be a whiner and trash someone's rep. Sorry, but this really takes the piss out of playing online as of late.

Son of a cake mix!

I go to Wal-Mart to get Portal 2 today. Seems that this particular Wal-Mart underestimated the popularity of Portal 2 and VASTLY overestimated Mortal Kombat. They had a shelf or two of Mortal Kombat perfectly untouched. Portal 2? Sold the f**k out. The only copy they had for ANY system was a poor lonely 360 game which is quite useless to me.

Anyway it turns out they are going to get more in tomorrow. Problem is I don't want to get there to find out they sold out again. Unfortunately they won't allow a person to put an item on hold... See this is why bookstores have superior models of business. :(

And now I have played Portal 2 through. And it's probably the greatest sequel ever made. It improves the gameplay (blasphemous as that sounds), adds an epic story, and ups the ante on both humor and acting. This is THE game to have that has come out this year and cannot be praised enough. I love this game, these characters, and the development of everything. Plus it has a fantastic, unexpected, and heartwarming ending. Stay after credits!

I'm still working on Portal 2. I got it on the PS3, which allowed a free Steam copy for PC/Mac. I'm having a fun time, and I'm looking forward to exploring the new Steam features on PS3.

If only the PSN wasn't down worldwide, I'd be able to get said Steam copy.

I'm still working on Portal 2. I got it on the PS3, which allowed a free Steam copy for PC/Mac. I'm having a fun time, and I'm looking forward to exploring the new Steam features on PS3.

If only the PSN wasn't down worldwide, I'd be able to get said Steam copy.

Easiest solution I can think of is to buy a 360. ;)

Did a couple of rounds of the GOW beta and had to switch it off :confused: In the spirit of Easter they made everyone's head a bunny, even your opponents. There was no way to distinguish your team from the enemy :yucky: So I ended up playing a Reach multi for the rest of the day. Oh well, my wife was happy. She was able to get me started on one of her honey do projects.

Just finished

Dragons age 2 <_<

Halo Reach :biggrin:

Halo Wars :no:

Gonna go back and Play Mass Effect 2, I've just saved Jack but can't really remember what else i've got to do. Touched on playing ODST as well but didn't have the feel for it, maybe it'll come good????

i'm waiting for my GOW3 BETA code then I'll see,

I'm rubbish at Halo Multiplayer (i'm only a warrant officer, but it doesn't stop me trying, and Donster, i got my rep hit by a SOB for telling him I'll grenade who i want to, and i'll snipe who i want to as well, i'm now a bad sportsman.......go figure

Well PSN has been a gong show this week.

For those of you who don't know it's been down since Wednesday.

I am blown away by the fact that people still defend PSN vs XBL. Yes, it's free... But you get what you pay for.

Specifically, that currently means PSN was hacked and Sony had to turn it off to assess the damage. At this point they're not sure what the hackers got... By this I mean how many credit card numbers.

Luckily XBL is still doing fine. Hooray!

I happily pay $25 a year for a service that doesn't disappoint me at EVERY opportunity.

If Sony lost my credit card information... So help me...

Yeah, what astounds me is the kid's on your team who complain about you "stealing" their kill in a team match. I told one today on Reach that they couldn't count a kill if they are part of a team. If they want to do that, go and play rumble fish or one of the solo games. I know Neo loved ODST Andy, but I wasn't much of a fan of the story. Felt like I walked into the middle of a story with that whole love backstory. I liked the multiplayer a bit more. Might come down and play a bit more once the family is asleep.

Having never used XBL, I can't really compare the two services. I got a PS3 because of the games they have, not the online service. I'd rather play Metal Gear, Little Big Planet, or God of War than Halo, Fable, or Gears of War. I'm not saying they're better games, I just prefer them.

In the end, both systems have their pluses and they have their faults. I don't really buy into the fanboy crap.

Back on topic, I beat Portal 2. Haven't tried the co-op yet.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

Touched on playing ODST as well but didn't have the feel for it, maybe it'll come good????

I know Neo loved ODST Andy, but I wasn't much of a fan of the story. Felt like I walked into the middle of a story with that whole love backstory.

I will defend ODST as my favorite Halo game to date....of course I'm still working on Reach :). ODST was slower paced and more story driven and for that I loved it. I beat it 3 times, the only Halo game I've played more than twice, so of course I do reccommend it highly!!

As for my current playing, I started Mass Effect 1.....again. The first time I only got to the Citidel the first time and gave up. Now, after loving ME2 so much I've decided to give it another go. I started over and trying to push my way through. It's rough right now because it's just not anywhere close to as good as ME2, but for the sake of story I'm trying! I've also played a log of UNO recently....weird I know, but kinda fun! neo

Having never used XBL, I can't really compare the two services. I got a PS3 because of the games they have, not the online service. I'd rather play Metal Gear, Little Big Planet, or God of War than Halo, Fable, or Gears of War. I'm not saying they're better games, I just prefer them.

In the end, both systems have their pluses and they have their faults. I don't really buy into the fanboy crap.

Back on topic, I beat Portal 2. Haven't tried the co-op yet.

I completely agree with you Bri, I bought my PS3 for the same reason. I LOVE the games available on PS3, and dealing with fanboys is among the worst experience a gamer can have. That's why I own both systems (and owned a Wii).

In the end though, I sold my Wii because the Kinect did the same thing without the clutter.

I've kept both other systems though because they both have so much to offer.

When it comes to the PS3 though it's the console itself that's so frustrating.

There are definetly great things available to those who play on the PS3, and I used to suggest it to people trying to decide which console to get. Unfortunatly they've dropped the ball SO MUCH on me in the last 6 months that those days are gone. Unless someone is looking for a Blu-Ray player I direct them to the 360. I'm a gamer, but the reality is, if I only had a PS3 this last year would have turned me off of gaming.

Sony possibly having lost the credit card information of all their users is just icing on the cake.

Back on topic:

I get my copy of Portal 2 tonight!!!! :D

Sony possibly having lost the credit card information of all their users is just icing on the cake.

Back on topic:

I get my copy of Portal 2 tonight!!!! :D

"Icing on the cake" ,"Portal"

Pun intended?

I got a free 1 day rental pass for blockbuster,So I rented Assasins creed brotherhood,I made it to the final boss and returned it.I definetally wish I had more time to beat the game{and wished that psn was up so I could play multiplayer}But overall the game was extremely fun,with huge areas to parkour in,And I even learned more Italian!Except my mom didn't like italian words I lernt...