What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry guys for the lack of checking in. I've been out of pocket. Spent a couple weeks in Florida on vacation, but I'm back now. I didn't really play anything outside of iPhone games while I was gone. Spent a lot of time with Angry Birds, Street Fighter IV, and NBA Jam on the iPhone and all were a lot of fun.

As for the console, I picked up LEGO Star Wars III Tuesday and I LOVE IT!! I'm not far, but it is superior in every way to the previous LEGO games. The HUB is cool and the levels are vast and beautiful. Most notably, I haven't seen any Screen Tearing yet which has always plagued the series. Worth every dime and will keep me busy for a while. I'm still going at Reach, but I started on Legendary and now it's just getting frustrating so I think I'm going to lower it just to finish the campaign because at this rate I will be burned out very soon. Haven't gotten much into the Multiplayer yet, but plan to at some point.

Finally, the 3DS launches on Sunday. I do feel that the Handheld market is dying and, thanks to the iPhone, will never be the same. However, as long as Nintendo keeps making games their handhelds will be worth owning. The remake of Ocarina of Time in June is a must buy for me and with the announcement a new 3D Mario I'm on board. I'm not excited about much at launch, but will probably pick up Pilot Wings, I'll have impressions for anyone that cares next week. neo

Ah the 3DS... It's a system that's very much a "I'll get it later" thing for me. I don't want it until good games come out. And there is NOTHING at launch that even comes close to being something I want to buy. So I'm not gonna get it at launch. I'll look into it for maybe near the end of the year. Not Christmas (I'll be too busy with Arkham City and Skyrim) but sometime near the end of this year and early next year.

Well the ipad2 comes out tommorow{In canada}and I'm gonna pick it up.I was going to get a normal ipad in february but I wait till march 2nd and I am happy I did.So anyways any good games?I m going to get $15 itunes,I know I'm getting Imovie and rockband

Well the ipad2 comes out tommorow{In canada}and I'm gonna pick it up.I was going to get a normal ipad in february but I wait till march 2nd and I am happy I did.So anyways any good games?I m going to get $15 itunes,I know I'm getting Imovie and rockband

LEGO HP and of course Angry Birds/Cut the Rope are always staples. And I happen to ADORE Robot Unicorn Attack. That's about all I normally play at least.

Played a little Reach Rumble with Nestle and I think Mrs. Nestle this evening :D Nice team, one ran interference while the other came around and assassinated me. Had to call it a night and let the dogs out. Nestle, I very rarely have my mic on. Even if I'm downstairs, I still tend to wake up the wife or man cub. If I play during the day I don't turn it on because no one wants to hear my almost 21 month old talking in the background :P Anyway, it was fun playing with you guys. We should do that again in the near future.

For sure.

Of course, if you'd had your mic on you probably would have heard my wife and I arguing and her hitting me every time I killed her.

Seriously, I grew up playing games with my brother so for me they're a very social experience. I've played as much Halo as I have only because I have friends who I play with.

We figured you had your TV turned right down cause for awhile we were playing with guys screaming in spanish. We muted them, but when we continued to play with them Robin said "Don must not be able to hear anything."

Oh, and speaking of assissinations, you're a really strong player face to face, but you've GOT TO WATCH YOUR BACK. I'm sorry, but I assissinated you A LOT. Especially since you tend to lean towards Jetpack it means that people can run up behind you much ffaster than you.

Anyways, maybe sometime we can play with mics and chat a bit.

See you around. :thumbsup:

Yeah, between the jetpack and the needles, they are my weakness Nestle. Although I tend to only use it in certain maps. I was telling Trish about your first assassination. You practically came up and jumped with both fists into the back of my skull :lol: Have your wife send me over a friend request next time you are on. It took me awhile to work out that was her initially. Yes, I'm that thick :pinch:

Don't call them weaknesses. Everyone has a style of play that they go to more often than others. The beauty of Halo os that it balances every weapon so that those are your strengths... But they have weaknesses.

Jetpack, for instance gives you air superiority, but makes you the most vulnerable on the ground of any loadout.

Needler is a great mid to long range weapon. The ideal weapon for "Sniper Killing." Unfortunatly the needles don't home well at short range and is the worst weapon in close combat.

Everyone has a playstyle... The only problem comes in when the guy next to you is paper to your rock.

I hear you. I usually keep at it until I win a few, but apparently there was a skunk in our back yard. So by the time I got done with that and the dogs I was beat. I like playing sniper every so often, but just like the Elite Sword, you have to really be in a sweet spot to accomplish it. I usually try and get in a crow's nest position, but in the end that costs you kills in the end. Like you said, everyone has their strengths. Mine is charging at you like a bull during Sanfermines :P Might be on later. Not sure, as it has been a loooong day. Send me a invite if you see me. I'm hoping to do a little rumble then jump over to the Defiant map.

I downloaded the MVC3 characters last night. Shuma Gorath is pretty powerful, but Jill's energy seems to get drained too quickly. And her moves aren't all that great from what I've seen. Bah. I'm hoping they have a download for her RE1 outfit at some point.

That's my strong point too. If the sh*t is hitting the fan, chances are I'm right smack dab in the middle of it.

Unfortunatly that means if you see me coming I'm as good as dead. Snipers are my kryptonite.

That said, I usead to play with my buddy Greg who was an eliteist when it came to weapons. He carried a sniper and nothing else. When we would play together the two of us could take on entire teams on our own as long as we played by the same strategy.

Phase 1: I run headlong into the enemy and "stall" them while my partner got ahold of the sniper rifle.

Phase 2: Watch a professional go to work. He would call out the enemy and I would start running towards them. By the time I got there one would already be dead. I would then kill one while he'd shoot another over my shoulder or something rediculous like that and I'd finish the last one.

His strategy was very longterm game while mine was a short one. Together we were a well oil machine.

Sadly he doesn't play anymore. So, like everyone else... I lose att Halo. :confused:

On another note, it's THAT time again:

My PS3 rant!

ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY THE GAMES I OWN FOR PS3!!!!

Why does it have to be so hard!?

Apparently there's an update that you need to get for the system. Nothing works until you update but in order to find out you NEED an update you have to run several tests on your PS3 at which point one tells you HOW to update (where it is in the menus). Why can't it update itself? Cause that would be common sense.

Well I figured out I needed an update. Hurray! Life is good again, right? Wrong. My update continues to fail randomly at different points in the process.

I'm not being descriminatory. Every system/game is going to burn you. Even Halo got me upset a couple weeks back for "temporarily banning" one of my Xboxes cause it thought my boys were boosting, when in fact they're just not any good at the game.

The difference is EVERYTHING I try and do on my PS3 is a chore and they have 50 error codes that mean you're screwed. If you're among the lucky ones who haven't had an error code pop up, don't worry... Your time is coming.

The frustrating thing for me is that I've encountered so many of them. :yucky:

I finally busted into my PS3 a couple weeks ago. By 'busted,' I mean I started to play the games sitting beside it. I have owned this thing for a year and a half and it has been doing a great job as a Blu Ray player until I downloaded that Scott Pilgrim game and loved it.

For the most part I suck at games, and I mean really suck. The only thing I am any good at and enjoy playing are (Japanese) RPG's, which I find to be a category the PS3 lacks in.

Despite my poor quality gaming skills, I can't wait to pick up a Sharpshooter and Dead Space Extraction. That is gonna be sweet.

A friend I recently (he would say finally) added on the PS3 and I played TMNT turtles in Time online. My first time playing online/multiplayer ever and it felt exactly like it did in public school playing the same game at my friends house during lunch. I am now hooked on video games once more.

Today I downloaded That Costume Quest game and am really enjoying it.

I am going on a Florida trip the next couple of weeks with the wife and the in-laws. I hope to find a Sharpshooter (as it is super hard to find) and a copy of the Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland Premium Edition.

One more thing to add that I find silly. I have all three versions of Batman: Arkham Asylum (regular, Collectors and 3D editions), do you think that is a little much?

Edited by pickle

One more thing to add that I find silly. I have all three versions of Batman: Arkham Asylum (regular, Collectors and 3D editions), do you think that is a little much?

Honestly? No. There are few games I buy twice. That game I bought twice. I don't own Collector's Edition. But I have regular on PC and 3D on PS3. And I still loved it. I will continue to love it.

Well, against all my better judgements, I picked up a 3DS Yesterday. Early impressions are good. The system itself is a little dissapointing, battery life is not great, design is a little dull, and color choices were lame. However, playing the system feels the same as any Nintendo product, top notch! I didn't pick up any launch games, nothing seemed worth the $40 price tag. I may not pick up anything until June with Ocarina hits. But, built into the game are a couple of fun AR Games and "Face Raiders" which are fantastic for showing what the system can actually do. My wife was even impressed, and my 4 year old daughter played "Face Raiders" and screamed, "It's in FREE-D". I do think that tradional handheld gaming is dead, the DS, IMO, will be the last great tradional handheld system. With the iPhone pouring quality games into the hands of hardcore and casual gamers alike, and most for under $2, there is no need for a expensive handheld device that plays $40 hours. HOWEVER, I decided to pick up the 3DS for several reason. First, the tech is amazing, and glasses-less 3D is as cool as it sounds. Second, I'm really excited about the Virtual Console stuff coming with the ability to download GameBoy games and hopefully GBA games soon enough. And finally, it's Nintendo. We will see a 3D Mario Platformer and a new 3D Zelda at some point. As long as Nintendo is making games I want to play them......and will need a 3DS to do that! I'll try to give you guys some more impressions as I play around with it more. If anyone has any questions about the 3DS I'd be happy to answer any I can.

Also, just for the sake of conversation, I am LOVING LEGO Star Wars III. The game has a HUGE Real Time Strategy element. That may have been public knowledge, but I wasn't aware of it until I played. It takes the formula from all the past games and gives it a shot of "new" with the RTS stuff making it feel like a leap forward. So far I'm digging almost all of it. My only complaint is the Vehicle Levels. They all seem to be the same without variation, but alas I'm only 1/3 of the way in so I'll hold my final thoughts about that until I've seen all the game has to offer. Either way it's great! neo

Well of course my dad came home late from work the day the ipad 2 came out,so when I got to all the future shops in my area they where all sold out!I'm pretty store my walmart has them,but I got about $400 in future shop gift cards so I'm gonna buy it their....

Started playing ME2 again and I'm finally getting into it. Not sure if my mindset changed or what, but it is finally getting interesting. Have my first couple of team members, now I just have to decide if I'm going to complete the merc mission before leaving Omega. I'm also trying to keep archangel on the ship or not? Since everyone thinks he is dead or not.

Well, pretty much ignored the family most of yesterday and powered through ME2 for a good 12 hours. The funny thing is I'm not even close to being done :lol: Like Reach, I'm finally getting into this and have ended up actually downloading some of the add-ons. I'm also considering getting the first one, even though it isn't what this one is. Still trying to heal the scars on my face. Unfortunately I keep doing evil shit and haven't bought the upgrades for the med station :turned: Might play a little bit more once the family goes to bed this evening.

Well, I've been out of pocket for a few days unexpected. But I did have my 3DS with me. I'm playing through Pokemon White (non 3D, I know) but I'm having a ton of fun with the built in stuff on the 3DS. The "Find Mii" is a fun little RPG you play with Miis and the AR Games are super cool! All in all I'm really satisfied with the purchase. It was steep and the battery life is not great, but it's still quality Nintendo and the future looks phenominal!

On the Xbox side I've actually got sucked into Plants Vs. Zombies again recently. What a great game, I love it. I have also spent time playing LEGO Star Wars III which is by far the best LEGO game so far. I am also trying to find time to finish Reach and get into some of the Multiplayer as well as trying to get back into ME2 and knock out "The Arrival".

Lastly, I'm thinking of picking up Carnival games today for Kinect. The trailers look pretty fun, and it's family friendly. I'm sure my kids would LOVE it. I'll let you guys know how it goes if I do decide to pick it up! neo

Quick question for those who played Mass Effect. Are there ramifications from the first one that affect the gameplay in the second one? I was booting up the 2nd one and noticed a message saying the actions I take could have dire consequences in ME3. Thinking I might pick up the first one if I run across it. BTW, which character were you going after again Neo? Where I left off I had both Jack and Tali chasing after me a bit. Wish I had wrote down the settings for my character. Anyone know how to do that? I liked the look of the first one I created, but can't quite get it right with the second character :confused:

I pursued Miranda (I <3 Sarah Walker :D ).

As for the first game, I've tried to play it but it's different from ME2, the combat especially. I couldn't really get into it that much. But, for a completionist, it may be worth playing. There are only a few key things that effect ME2 from ME3, and those same things, along with new things in ME2, carry over to ME3.

The biggest issue for me personally, is now I know MY Mass Effect story. If I was to go back and play ME1, the story of ME2 may be different than the one that I have already experienced. So, in that case, I don't want to bother with it. For better or worse, the story I played in ME2 will be my experience that I take into ME3 so I want to keep it that way. So, since you've already started playing ME2, I don't know that I'd go back personally, but that's up to you! neo

Unlikely but true:

I found a PS3 at a bus stop

Any recommendations? Pref a decent RPGish thing to tide me over till Deus Ex 3

Just sitting there?