UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Well, I finally figured out how to beat the computer in Tetris Versus mode. . .sometimes. Tricky bastard, it is.

Also, I downloaded Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the PS3 (had it for 360 but I didn't dig the controller). Been playing it a bit over the last few days, and enjoying it in anticipation for part 3. Iron Man is a freakin' beast. Just keep doing the chest beam, mixing it up with the shoulder cannon from time to time and you can beat a good chunk of your opponents.

Boss is lame, though. They should've picked a well known Marvel villain.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im willing to play some multiplayer games,also I am making a theme park,I got A drop tower,roller coaster and a ride with that hamster from story at on of the Avalon missions,any more ideas for rides?I am thinking about doing bumper cars but thats the only idea I haven't produced for the level yet

You can throw in some carnival games: dart throwing, basketball, shooting gallery, etc

just recieved my LBP2 from gamestop in the mail today :D anyone wanna help me with story? :P

I'm always up for more. Maybe you, me, and darkredshdow can get a group going. Hopefully the connection won't be as sketchy as last night.

Anyone mastered the grappling hook yet? I can't get the hang of swinging on it to get to the higher areas.

Im willing to play some multiplayer games,also I am making a theme park,I got A drop tower,roller coaster and a ride with that hamster from story at on of the Avalon missions,any more ideas for rides?I am thinking about doing bumper cars but thats the only idea I haven't produced for the level yet

You can throw in some carnival games: dart throwing, basketball, shooting gallery, etc

just recieved my LBP2 from gamestop in the mail today :D anyone wanna help me with story? :P

I'm always up for more. Maybe you, me, and darkredshdow can get a group going. Hopefully the connection won't be as sketchy as last night.

Anyone mastered the grappling hook yet? I can't get the hang of swinging on it to get to the higher areas.

sounds like a plan, we are all psn freinds right? and im just OK with the grapple not great :P

sounds like a plan, we are all psn freinds right? and im just OK with the grapple not great :P

I've got both of you on my list, so that's a start.

I managed to fling myself high enough into the air on one of the Da Vinci levels to where I could see a prize bubble, but could never duplicate the results to actually reach it. This game is going to be a lot harder to ace/100%.

Well, if anyone has been listening, I've been addicted to Mass Effect 2. I finally finished the game on Saturday and was very satisfied. I've said it to several of my friends in passing, but it is now my Favorite game of All time, Previous to, it was Ocarina of Time, but I have to say that ME2 has taken that stop. So, not only is it my game of 2010, it's the game of my lifetime, and possibly my game of 2011......unless of course Mass Effect 3 does make it to retail. Fantastic game, cannot recommend it enough!

Which brings me to, what's next?! I have both Fable III and Halo Reach that I received for Christmas. Those are next on my list, but I'm torn. I'm really excited about Reach, but after spending 42 hours in Space with the Normandy, I'm thinking Fantasy may be a nice change of pace. I guess we'll find out this evening :). neo

So, as many of you know I've been playing DCU Online, and since I seem to be the only one here who is I thought I'd toss some of my experience your way.

First, and having nothing to do with DCUO I want to rant quickly about the PS3:

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! My wife said it best when she threw a PS3 controller a few weeks ago and said: "The Playstations a piece of junk!!!"

Normally I sit on the fence with consoles. While I do a lot more gaming on our 360s, I do own both and have suggested the PS3 to numerous people over teh years trying to decide. That said, EVERY THING about it right now annoys me. EVERYTHING. It seems like I can't find ANYTHING it does better than the 360.

And, explain to me how it's possible that I've spent more time WAITING to game on the PS3 than actually playing!?!?!

Okay, now that that's off my chest: DCUO

Honestly, if you're not playing this game I know why: The monthly fee.

That said, Crackdown is the best game ever made to put you in a Superheroe's shoes. The squel didn't improve anything except allowing you to play 4 players.

DCUO is like the 37th sequel to CrackDown. It totally nails being a superhero and has a fantastic fun world to play in. The problem is that Crackdown didn't have a monthly fee, right?

Honestly it sucks. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when my free month is up.

That said, YOU GET A FREE MONTH TO PLAY.

Rent it, Gamefly it... Buy it if you want. I'm sure you can get your money's worth in that month.

After that, either sell it or go crazy and pay a monthly fee.

Holding out is NOT going to screw them over and dump the monthly fee. SOE announced today DCUO is their best selling game EVER.

Caved in and moved the new console downstairs so that I could set up the Kinect. Like Neo, I don't say this often, but I was wrong. This is really fun stuff. Granted, I'm just playing Kinect Adventures at the moment and basically exercising, still, having a blast :thumbsup: I also followed Neo's advice and got a little usb flash drive. Quick question though, am I supposed to pick my hard drive or the flash drive when starting up a game? Halo Reach keeps asking me that when I go to play multi-player. Now it is second nature for me to take it out of the console upstairs or vice versa to play games. Of course I have had to download a lot of my add-ons back on the new and old console for some reason :unsure:

Edited by The_Donster

Caved in and moved the new console downstairs so that I could set up the Kinect. Like Neo, I don't say this often, but I was wrong. This is really fun stuff. Granted, I'm just playing Kinect Adventures at the moment and basically exercising, still, having a blast :thumbsup: I also followed Neo's advice and got a little usb flash drive. Quick question though, am I supposed to pick my hard drive or the flash drive when starting up a game? Halo Reach keeps asking me that when I go to play multi-player. Now it is second nature for me to take it out of the console upstairs or vice versa to play games. Of course I have had to download a lot of my add-ons back on the new and old console for some reason :unsure:

If you are going to move games between consoles, always save on your Flash Drive. For instance, when you put in a new game it will ask where you want to save. You choose the flash drive, that way if you take that game and your flash drive upstairs you will be able to pick up where you left off. If not, the saved data will be on the other console so you will have to start over again.

If you've already saved a game, you can go under your system memory and you will see a folder for "Game Data". You can selected anything and "Copy" or "Move" it over to the flash drive. My advice is to "Move" it because keep 2 seperate files can sometimes create issues. Most of your save files are less than a few MB each, so you can fit a ton on a flash drive.

Now, this doesn't cover other downloadable stuff. Thinks like DLC or Arcade Games or Even themes or anything like that can be saved on the harddrive and then downloaded at no cost on a 2nd Xbox as long as your gamertag is logged in. But you cannot download save files!

And so, after carefull consideration last night on whether I should start Fable III or Halo Reach, I decided to play Fallout 3. Funny enough, a friend of mine bought the game of the year edition and I received the Platinum standard version for Christmas. He let me borrow his second disc which installs the DLC to see if it would work. So, I installed the DLC last night and then played from my standard retail disc and it worked like a charm. I got all of the DLC from the very begining, nice trick.

So far, all I can say is Fallout seems very overwhelming. I'm sure it will become more familiar, but unlike Mass Effect which was also vast, I don't fell like I know what I'm doing. The go anywhere do anything type of gameplay is heavy. So far the story is cool, I'm only a few hours in, but I'm almost afraid to play with fear that I will never actually beat it, lol. I'm going to keep chugging along for a while and see what happens. As it stands I'm interested and enjoying it mostly, but right now it's just very daunting!

On a final note, I put off playing Halo Reach because I haven't renewed my Gold yet. I'm planning to do that next month, so once I go Gold I'm going to be getting back into the Halo game! neo

So far, all I can say is Fallout seems very overwhelming. I'm sure it will become more familiar, but unlike Mass Effect which was also vast, I don't fell like I know what I'm doing. The go anywhere do anything type of gameplay is heavy. So far the story is cool, I'm only a few hours in, but I'm almost afraid to play with fear that I will never actually beat it, lol. I'm going to keep chugging along for a while and see what happens. As it stands I'm interested and enjoying it mostly, but right now it's just very daunting!

I'm amused to hear this, the reason I love Bethesda games are that they do open world so well and I actually love the feeling of standing outside the starting area looking at the horizon and being able to think ok where now, without being railroaded into a narrow path. It adds a sense of adventure if you ask me. If you do want to be lead by the hand there is a pretty obvious trail of breadcrumbs if you need/want it but IMO that spoils the charm.

The worst thing about Fallout 3 to me was that everything is grey/brown. I know it's the apocalypse but it does get depressing.

T.

I feel like that when it comes to Reach Shanester :lol: Of course I have a stack of games that I got in the mail yesterday from the EA Stores sale: Battlefied 1 & 2, Mass Effect 2, Deathly Hallows-Part I(This one is more for my wife than me and probable why she got me a Kinect/360 Console :P) and I should have Dead Space in the mail in a few days. Have a coupon from them and might end up picking up the 2nd one down the line. Regardless I'm going to be a bit busy once I get to playing these games :D

Edited by The_Donster

Not gonna lie, I'm not too much of a fan of the online of Black Ops. Then again, I'm not a fan of online in general. As it stands though, the campaign of Black Ops is one of the absolute most incredible campaigns that I've ever played. If you don't like the online of the game, don't go buy it and play it. Rent it and do the campaign. It's fascniating, fast-paced, hardcore, and has some AMAZING voice talent. Sam Worthington may not wwork well on the screen but he sure as hell can do a good voice acting part. And Gary Oldman is just Gary freakin Oldman. He's incredible. I bought it, but that's because I don't rent games. If I don't have time to finish it during the rental period, well, there goes my cash eh? So I buy games but look critically at reviews first and wait for sales.

I also heartily enjoy the zombie mode "Five" and the secret top down zombie shooter. These are things worth owning for. Watching Kennedy, MacNamara, Castro, and Nixon badmouth the living dead is just a joy that I have never seen before. Honestly why isn't this a movie yet? It would just be fantastic to see. Though I would replace MacNamara or Nixon with Khrushchev. You know. Just because.

Anyway: Black Ops. Incredible campaign, I hate playing online anyway so it's not a factor, and Kennedy vs The Living Dead. Worth my 35 bucks sale price I'll tell you that.

anyone got some opinions on Spider-Man shattered dimensions and the Transformers game? I need to spend my $33 Rewards dollars at TRU by 1/29 and it looks like it's not gonna be on wave 9. I was also considering Ultimate Alliance 2

I guess I'm in the minority. I liked the multiplayer on Black OPS myself. I found it a bit easier to navigate through and actually kill someone and not be constantly sniped out of the blue. I think once I've caught up with my games I'll go back and check out these multiplayers on the big screen. There has to be a reason why Shane is still playing it and I want to learn the secret :devil:

I'm giving Mass Effect 1 another shot. This is the third time I've attempted to play this game, and the first 2 times something else stole my attention away.

I keep hearing how ME2 is so much better than the first game, but I refuse to try it unless I finish ME1!

Sometimes OCD is a pain in the @$$... :(

I'm not into 'party management' in video games, so I just enabled the auto level-up feature and have definitely been enjoying it more this time around.

Weapon inventory management I can deal with, but assigning power-ups to 'side-kick' characters I don't give a crap about is beyond tedious, and usually why I don't enjoy RPG's.

Most likely because we're not on at the same time or you don't send me a request. I mainly play Rumble, Teams or Noble Six multi. Oh, and don't call me Donnie :P Although I agree with you on Mass Effect. Buddy of mine played it and said it was just too chatty. He seemed to like the 2nd one better. Which I almost started this evening. Unfortunately with the family sleeping I didn't want to start playing something that requires me to hear what is going on in the story.

Donnie, why don't we ever play Reach together?

Bastard, you want my advise? Skip ME1. It's NEARLY as good and you might get "Mass Effected Out" by the time into game 2. Don't ruin #2 for yourself. ;)

I agree completely on Mass Effect. I played about 3 hours (maybe) into ME1 and it was too chatty and lacked appeal. I also put off ME2 because I didn't beat one so I just forgot about the game. Then all the Game of the Year stuff started around the interwebs and I thought, "Shoot, I'll give it a shot". I received the game for Christmas and it rarely left my console until I beat it 42 hours later. I don't feel I missed much of anything by skipping the rest of the game. And, if it will help, go over to IGN and search "Mass Effect in Five Minutes". They have a feature that basically tells you the full story in 5 minutes so you will be ready for ME2. Bottom line though, Play ME2, ASAP!!

Now, on to Reach. I haven't turned the disc since getting it for Christmas (see above) and now I have to wait until next month (my birthday) to get my Gold membership renewed. But, as soon as that happens we all need to get together and play a little Reach on the Xbox Live! We'll have to schedule it so we can all get involved. neo

Man, what do I play first, Dead Space or ME2? Wife and son have gone grocery shopping and looking to play something that won't suck me in immediately. Since I mainly play those at night to make sure Lex doesn't get desensitized to violence or make sure it is safe to play in front of him. Maybe I'll play one of the Bad Company games while they are gone. Those seem to be pretty cut and dry I'd think.