UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Well, Santa came early this year. I picked up my Xbox Kinect Bundle yesterday. Let me first say, it's good to be back. Getting rid of my Xbox was a HORRIBLE idea and I'm man enough to admit when I made a mistake. Holding that controller again yesterday felt like a dream, I have no interest in ever playing PS3 again (well, at least until Uncharted 3, lol).

Anyway, It was supposed to be wrapped and under the tree, but I worked out a compromise with the Mrs. She was allowed to wrap my games and put them under the tree and I could open and use the console in the meantime. So, right now I have Halo Reach, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and Fable III sitting under the tree......but I can wait a few weeks!

As for Kinect, she did let me keep Kinect Adventures out for the kids and I bought her Biggest Loser the game. So far Kinect is really cool. The menu stuff is awesome. My biggest concern was that I would have to stand to use it, but that's not the case. You have to stand to play the games (at least the 2 I have), but I sit on the end of my couch, slightly to the left of the TV and Kinect recognized my "wave" and hand motions while I browsed the menu system. It is a novelity, but being able to do it from my favorite seat in the house was a nice plus and it's kinda fun.

As for the games, me and Kira (my daughter) spent most of the afternoon playing around with Kinect Adventures, and it's really fun....for her. It's a very simple game that showcases what the Kinect does, but it doesn't have the staying power of, say, Wii Bowling. But, for a pack in it was pretty fun and Kira completely loved it. All she did was simply step in front of the TV and Kinect acknowledged her and even with the vast height difference could read both of us. VERY COOL. The one small issue that we had was Cal (our son). We were about 8 feet from the TV and he thought it was fun to run around in front of us and every now and then Kinect would grab him and it would throw my movements off, nothing game breaking, but if were playing a serious game someone walking in front of you could be a huge issue. Overall I'm glad that we invested in the bundle and I'm sure we will get some good use out of the Kinect especially with the kids. I was worried that Kira, at 4, wouldn't get it, but she was navigating menus and playing just fine without my help. She got a Bronze metal on her very first attempt.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I was back and plug Kinect a little. I'm sure more impressions will come as I spend more time with it. Love Live XBOX 360!!! :)

neo

I knew you'd be back. :P

I don't have time to talk but I'll be back to chat more with you guys.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As of yesterday I'm a proud PS3 owner. Already beat GOWIII and decided to start on Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare as I got it in a seperate disk. I love it to no ends. I don't have many multiplayer games, only Red Dead actually, but my tag is Trekker_42 if anyone wants to form a posse or some such nonsense.

See you online.

Let me preface by saying it was a good Christmas!

giftsz.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the only pic that I took, but you can see that I got Halo Reach, Fable III, and Mass Effect 2 (I also got Fallout 3 later in the day). Pretty good haul, all very solid titles. I installed Mass Effect 2 last night. I'm planning to start that journey this afternoon.

But, as for what I've been playing, I am still addicted to Pac Man DX and Pinball FX 2 and I also picked up Comic Jumper as part of the holiday sale and it's pretty fun. I love Twisted Pixel and will probably buy just about anything they make!

All in all good times. I was planning to start Fable III next, but I want to get into Mass Effect 2, and since it's already a year old I think it's about time! neo

Christmas was good. I got extremely mad at my mother for buying me a PS3, considering the price and such nonsense, but she did and I am eternally grateful. The PS3 bundle came with The Force Unleashed II and The Prince Of Persia Bluray, and my brother got me Arkham Asylum, which I have been eagerly anticipating for a long time now. I will be online soon, and will let you all know that way we can raise some hell.

Well my son surprised me and picked up the new 360-Kinect bundle for Christmas. Pretty smart for a almost 18 month old given he had mom do the foot work for him too :P Anyway, haven't hooked it up yet, since I don't want to do the cleaning required to set it up downstairs. I'm considering just moving my old player downstairs and hooking it up to that. Does anyone know if I can run my Live account off of 2 360's or not? With the flatscreen upstairs, I'd prefer using that one for the new console.

Does anyone know if I can run my Live account off of 2 360's or not? With the flatscreen upstairs, I'd prefer using that one for the new console.

Let me start by saying you can't have your name in GOLD in 2 places at the same time, but you can have it on 2 machines at opposite times.

There are only two ways to do this, and *SPOILERS* only one way to do it right.

First, you can recover your gamertag on the 2nd Xbox....that will put everything on that box including your gamerscore and gold account. HOWEVER, once you go back to Xbox 1, you will have to recover there again, and then back to 2 you will have to recover again and...well....you get the point. This is NOT the recomendation!!

The other way, and the way that I do it, is get you a small USB memory stick. I think your profile is just several MB (could be off by a little, but it's not much). Go to your memory and "Transfer" (not "Copy") your profile to the USB stick. This is basically your Live Identity wherever you go. Plug that USB into any Xbox and it will recongnize your Profile and everything that goes with it (Gamerscore, Live Account, etc.). This is what I have done for a few years. I have 2 good friends that have Xbox 360s and I was so sick of playing as a guest and not getting gamerscore when I was at their house, so I discovered this method. Now, I walk into their house, plug my USB into their Xbox and my whole profile pops right up. I also use this between the 2 Xboxs that I have in my own house. It's the only way to go!

*EDIT* - Also, just in case it comes up, you can use almost any USB stick, not just the Xbox ones. I have a 4 GB I bought at Wal Mart for $10 and it works brilliantly!

Now, back to what I've been playing, I hit the 20,000 mark last night with my gamerscore. Picked up a Mass Effect Achievement and a Comic Jumper Achievement. That was kinda cool. Now, I started Mass Effect 2. Right off the bat I do think it's quite better than 1. The gunplay seems a lot better. I never finished 1 because I just tired of the mechanics and wasn't having fun, but I'm going to force myself to finish 2 dangit! neo

Edited by neolego

Been killin some Zombies in Undead Nightmare. And I also went on the most unsettling quest of all time: Birth of the Conservation Movement. For those in the know but may not remember: Sasquatch. For those who don't know, go get this game. Mostly because it's the funniest game I've played in a long time. But also because it has some geninely disturbing and sad moments, like the Sasquatch quest and when you have to kill an old friend or two.

So I broke down and bought ps plus to get dcuo beta,OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!It is AWESOME!I am pissed that it is p2p because It is the best mmo I played and 1 of the best games I actully ever played!Granted it is the beta,their are a couple of glitches for ex:the you fall through the floor and can't get back up unless you can fly{Luckily I gotta joker jet pack}

So my stats are:

*ACROBATIC

*MENTAL

*HAND BLAST

*TEAM JOKER!

*As of posting this im helping Gorilla Grod defeat the flashes.Not that the mission is hard its just thats where I stopped to post this message.

What I really like about dcuo is that even though my mentor is joker I still get to work with lex luthor and circe.So anyone else that has it whats you stats?

So I broke down and bought ps plus to get dcuo beta,OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!It is AWESOME!I am pissed that it is p2p because It is the best mmo I played and 1 of the best games I actully ever played!Granted it is the beta,their are a couple of glitches for ex:the you fall through the floor and can't get back up unless you can fly{Luckily I gotta joker jet pack}

So my stats are:

*ACROBATIC

*MENTAL

*HAND BLAST

*TEAM JOKER!

*As of posting this im helping Gorilla Grod defeat the flashes.Not that the mission is hard its just thats where I stopped to post this message.

What I really like about dcuo is that even though my mentor is joker I still get to work with lex luthor and circe.So anyone else that has it whats you stats?

Most of the reviews I have seen for DC online have been bad, enough to put me off anyway. Their main complaint is that its an MMOG thats designed for console play not PC. I have played COH/COV and Champions along with a whole load of other online games and DC at the moment don't seem to cut it it seems.

So my stats are:

*ACROBATIC

*MENTAL

*HAND BLAST

*TEAM JOKER!

Most of the reviews I have seen for DC online have been bad, enough to put me off anyway. Their main complaint is that its an MMOG thats designed for console play not PC. I have played COH/COV and Champions along with a whole load of other online games and DC at the moment don't seem to cut it it seems.

Well I also played COV,champions,diablo,runescape etc....and I really think Its fun over those games and a couple of my friends agree,granted I have a soft spot for DC.

Just got Black Ops. PS3. And I challenge you all. I know I'm gonna lose heartily and I do not care. I still have to say, "Bring it on!"

Also got the GOTY edition of Arkham Asylum and, if it wasn't for the headache, I'd play the entire game in 3D. It actually is pretty good 3D amusingly enough and doesn't require a 3D TV. Though it does mess with the colors in game. Still, actually kinda impressed with it.

so for anyone who has the DCUO Beta, is level 20 the highest you can get? and if so can you still get new missions after reaching level 20? if not im available to help anyone who needs help with their missions :D

so for anyone who has the DCUO Beta, is level 20 the highest you can get? and if so can you still get new missions after reaching level 20? if not im available to help anyone who needs help with their missions :D

Yea level 20 is the highest,you can still do missions as long as you'r not done all of them.I need to do some side bosses if you want to help.

Yea level 20 is the highest,you can still do missions as long as you'r not done all of them.I need to do some side bosses if you want to help.

well it depends what server/world your in(im in world 2). ive beaten alot of villains but i still havnt done missions like gorilla grodd but i dont know how to get those missions

Mass Effect 2, now I know why it's getting so much love for GotY. I played about half into the first game and just couldn't do it anymore. Everything that I disliked about the first game seems to have been addressed in grand fashion for 2. I know I'm a year late to the game, but I am totally into the Mass Effect world now and don't care to play anything else for the time being. Right now Red Dead is still my GotY.....but I got to be honest, if Mass Effect 2 continues to bring it there may be a changing of the guard! neo

That is definitely one I have to check out. I've been hearing a lot of buzz on ME2 and Red Death Redemption on AOTS. So I guess I'll add those onto my next games to buy list.

well it depends what server/world your in(im in world 2). ive beaten alot of villains but i still havnt done missions like gorilla grodd but i dont know how to get those missions

Well I am also on server 2 and gorilla grodd is on natrual progression,unless you do the mission from the alert,for the one you got to the glove in the start mnu and click alert missions

Well I am also on server 2 and gorilla grodd is on natrual progression,unless you do the mission from the alert,for the one you got to the glove in the start mnu and click alert missions

grodd is on natural if your mentor is superman. if your mentor is batman than you dont get it for awhile(im guessing after level 20)

grodd is on natural if your mentor is superman. if your mentor is batman than you dont get it for awhile(im guessing after level 20)

Oh for villians for joker its a while.Anyways,I made a hero and I did nature superspeed and archery and I much prefer that over mental acrobatics and hand blast.

Oh for villians for joker its a while.Anyways,I made a hero and I did nature superspeed and archery and I much prefer that over mental acrobatics and hand blast.

thats the exact same powers my first hero has. the one on my world 2 is named freezefrenzy and has ice,flight,staff and the boss order changes depending for each mentor

I have a few Mass Effect 2 Questions, if anyone out there can try to answer. This is my first full Mass Effect Experiece and I'm wondering about the romantic interests. I guess my main question is can you have more than 1? For example, I'm interested in pursuing Miranda as my interest in the game I'm playing now, however my assistant lady "Chambers" keeps coming on to me. Can I pursue that relationship on the side or will that effect my relationship with Miranda as well. Any help would be great.

Also....Mass Effect 2...........AWESOME. I haven't put another disc in my Xbox since Christmas! neo

My wife and I are wrapping up Fable 3 and getting ready to move on to Fallout: NV. The co-op in Fable 3 is amazing, and I think this type of co-op should be implemented in more adventure/RPG games. For example, you need to find and shoot 50 hidden gnomes, and some of them are a bastard to find. If I am playing in my wife's world and we find one, the game registers that gnome as being collected in my world as well, so we don't have to hunt them all down twice. Plus we can share the profits we make on business investments, have kids, and even participate in the occasional orgy. :P (Yes I am still talking about the game ;) )