What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spent some more time with Aragorn's Quest and Sports Champion over the weekend. As well as Deathspank. I really do love Deathspank. I went ahead and bought Thongs of Virtue, even though I haven't finished the first yet. I'll get to it eventually. I am, by the way, a HUGE fan of downloadable games. Speaking of, I thought I'd take a few minutes to talk up the Downloadable side of things.

Currently, I'm playing Worms Armageddon 2, Deathspank, Joe Danger, and Castle Crashers. Like I said above, I also picked up Thongs of Virtue which I'll get it to sometime. And it's still only September. I can honestly say that of my holiday buylist, about 85% of it is downloadable (PSN of course).

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

-Getting great acclaim on XBLA, this Co-Op dual shock Shooter looks great!

PixelJunk Shooter 2

-The first Shooter was artistic and fun, it looks a formula from something like Geometry Wars and Super Stardust and made a full story out of it. I still play the first one.

Pac-Man Champtionship DX

-Another game that has been on XBLA for a while. We are finally seeing the DX Pac-Man delivered to the PSN with exclusive features. Seriously, the XBLA version is the best Pac-Man ever made....this will be even better!

Costume Quest

-This is one of my top 3 games I'm most looking forward too!! It's a turn based RPG about kids going trick or treating. It is also made by Double Fine who is responsible for Psychonauts and Brutal Legends. I can't wait for this game!!

NBA Jam

-Just announced, NBA Elite has been delayed so EA is releasing NBA Jam as a standalone product by the end of the year. Now, it hasn't been confirmed if it's an actual PSN game, so there is still a question. The Wii version is retail, but original you were going to get a downloadable voucher for an HD version with the retail purchase of Elite. So, my money is that this will stay a Downloadable game for the HD systems.......and I love me some NBA Jam!

Sonic 4: Episode 1

-It's Sonic, CLASSIC SONIC, you can't go wrong!

Back to the Future

-We don't know alot, but it's an adventure game from TaleTell and that's exciting enough, plus Christopher Llyod is lending his voice. Even if this game turns out to be bad I will probably still buy it.....I'm a Back to the Future fan that way.

Expodemon!

-Expodemon appears to be a mix between Mega Man and Mario. It's a side-scrolling platformer about an anime looking robot guy....that's enough for me. If it plays like a Mega Man game with some new mechanics thown in this may be a sleeper hit!

Well, I just thought I'd give some love to my current list of most wanted games. There are only about 3 Retail titles that I've really looking forward this season, but the downloadable stuff looks GREAT! neo

Alright, I downloaded Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on Tuesday, but it's been a busy week so I haven't had a chance to sit down with it...until last night. I played for about 2 hours last night and I have to say I LOVE this game.

For anyone that doesn't know, it's not a Tomb Raider game. It actually looks and feels more like Marvel Ultimate Alliance than any Tomb Raider game. It has an overhead view, like Ultimate Alliance, with large maps to roam and discover. But, unlike Ultimate Alliance, the combat is based around a Dual Stick Shooter mechanic (ala Geometry Wars). You move with the left stick, aim with the right stick, and shoot with the trigger. This works great and is a lot of fun. It also differs from a game like Ultimate Alliance because it is very much puzzle based, as a Lara Croft game should be. There is a lot of fighting and shooting, but there is equal swinging and climbing and switching your way through the map.

So, two hours in and I can say this is one of the best games that I've played this year, and it's downloadable. It's funny because of my current rotation, the majority of what I play is downloadable games and I love that. I spend most time with Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim, Joe Danger, Deathspank, Madden 11, Sports Champtions, Modnation Racers, and now Lara Croft.

Also, I played and beat Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox earlier this year. Now I'm PS3 only so I don't have the game anymore, but they released that zombie trailer this week and now I'm really wanting to play again.......just not sure I want to play the whole story again on the PS3.......dang Mexico! I probably will though. I hear a lot of people talking about Game of the Year, seems like Mass Effect 2 and Civ 5 are the leaders, but I haven't played either. I would say right now that Red Dead is my game of 2010, I loved that game! So, anyone else looking forward to Red Dead Zombies?!?

neo

I just seen a full playthrough of deadrising 2{by dspgaming}and I gotta say it looks awesome!If I get any spare money then I will definetaly pick it up.I also started to continue on Burn Zombie Burn{the army base is probbably the most fun I have ever had in a video game}And I am thinking of finishing bad company 2{I havent finished any of the games I own yet on the ps3 except for james camerons avatar:confused:}I am gonna ask my friend if I can borrow his copy of infamous b/c I keep playing the demo and I am having a great time with it.

My wife and I finished Bioshock 2 last night. The second half of the game was not nearly as good as the first half. No new enemies, worthless new plasmids, and far too much monologing from the villain. The twist was nothing even close to the twist of the first game. But even with all of those drawbacks, I still had fun with it, and towards the end you are so powered up that you feel unstoppable.

Still playing Reach, just wrapped heroic mode and thinking of tackling multi-player before everyone jumps ship for Black Op's :thumbsup:

I rented Dead Rising 2{It was $10 to rent which is a high price but its worth it}I rented it on monday and finished it today.I gotta say I LOVE IT!I am also proud I got ending S

in which Every1 from the safe house gets picked up by helicopter AND after you do the TK boss fight in overtime mode you save katey and get stacey.

The one thing that pissed me off where the pyschopaths.why?

well they are hard AND I didn't even wanna kill some of them such as carl.

If you are wondering the pyscho's I killed where

Slappy,The twins,the groom,the magiciancs,SGT Boyfred,the 2 scientests,seymour{mall cop},carl,bibi{I did everything for her so she released the other people then I killed her}Sullivan and TK

Edited by darkredshdow

So is it mostly kids playing Reach multi-player? Seems everytime I get accidentally killed I give them a path, especially when fighting with rockets. Unfortunately when it is the other way around, they give me the boot. I was really pissed off today when on 2 separate occasions I was on the beach map on the jeep and my comrades kept basically flipping me off of the warthog so they can basically use the rocket. The last time it got me killed, so when I got back I committed suicide and took us both out of the equation by destroying the warthog. Immature of me, but I had reached a breaking point by then. Can't wait to see how my rep has taken a hit because of it though :lol:

This is why I don't play online anymore :).

I have gotten back into Aragorn's Quest on PS3. I'm playing now just with the Dual Shock and it's much better. It's not an A+ title but I'm having a lot of fun! I also downloaded "Cut the Rope" on iPhone a couple days ago. If you guys haven't heard about it you should check it out. It's made by the same guys that did Angry Birds and it's just as fun and addicting.....in fact, I may actually like it better. Check it out! neo

This is why I don't play online anymore :).

I am seriously considering selling my Xbox and getting rid of xbox live for the rest of my life. I mean HALO:REACH just has been getting worse post-launch just like Modern Warfare 2, except that it hadn't happened within 72 hrs. Upon further realization, I have came to the conclusion that HALO:REACH has nothing to offer the everyday gamer. The multiplayer is what really sends me off the edge. The maps are soo poorly designed that I don't even know where to start. All off the weapon spawns favor one team, so its all based on luck if you will get the chance to grab the good weapons. Also, the maps urge you to camp, and if there is one thing I hate about MP games in general it is CAMPING. I honestly broke my Modern Warfare 2 disc because all people were doing was camping. And camping in H:R is just absurd because of the power weapons. I can be sure that if you ever will join a MP game in H:R that there will be others camping and it will ruin your experience, or if you are the type of person that enjoys spending 60$ only to be disappointed by your purchase. I have CoD: Black Ops pre-ordered as of now, but I am seriously considering removing my order, as I predict that the game will turn into a mega camp fest after people realize where all of the good spots are. Also the ranking system really bugs me in H:R. It does because leveling up is a pain, and you only unlock armor, which you can't even see during gameplay. And the only way to level up fast is to play Gruntpocalypse by yourself, which stops being enjoyable after 5 seconds of the game starting. Oh well, that's my 5 cents on H:R at the moment.

Also, if any of you maters want my used copy of HALO:REACH (the only time the disc has been spun was when I was installing it to my HDD, other than that its like brand new) then I'm offering to sell it for around 40$.

Outside of firefight, I haven't played much on the multiplayer, but I can see what you are saying. Last night my rep took a dramatic hit for some reason. Apparently I was getting knocked for my language. The funny thing is, I have players muted and don't use my head set :rolleyes: So I'm not really sure what the deal is? I had 3 tools last night who kept shooting at me instead of the enemy. It got so bad that I had to boot them and ended up finishing the round by myself. Since I'm not computer savvy, I can't say if the maps are poorly designed. I like the look of them, but I can understand things not being mixed up every time you respawn. My one complaint with most games is the difficulty levels. For me as a player, each bracket needs to have something new and not just mean it is easier for me to die :wacko:

I'm with you NINTENDOwii, I'm just out of the online scene. I just don't have the time to invest in games as an adult (And husband, and Father) and I get sick of getting killed non-stop and then verbally abused by groups of people who have never kissed a girl. The last game I played was MW2. I played the single player and loved it, and then I played the MP for about a week and my mind was made. I would literally respawn and be dead again in less than 30 seconds. That is just not fun. Maybe I do just suck at the games so I'm not complaining about people that enjoy it, but I just don't have the time devote to game to become that good and thus, I die....very fast. To top it off, I then have 10 year olds questioning my sex or challenging my race or taunting like they're Tiger Woods......just not down with that. So, I decided no more online and sold my Xbox and all my games. I am now a happy PS3 owner and am glad I made the change.

Now, just to clarify, I'm not against online play, if it's with friends and if it's Co-Op, but I'm just not a fan of competetive play. I like games like Little Big Planet or Castle Crashers or Madden Online Team and I will still play those with people I know. But outside of that, I play mostly single player games that I get to enjoy with no concern for online play in any form! neo

Yeah and my favorite games are all based upon their single-player. Examples include GTA IV, Fallout 3, BIOSHOCK, FORZA 3. Also the only MP games that are coming out that I'm interested are Gears of War 3 ( can't explain how excited I am) and CoD: Black Ops (excitement is average). On terms of single-player we have DeadSpace 2, Fallout New Vegas, Vanquish, and Fable 3.

Honestly Neo, you've got to mute players out and put away your headphones ;) I usually play when the family is asleep and it helps me unwind from the day to day. I'm usually behind on games, unless it is something I pick up through a friend at Microsoft(Like Halo & GOW). At the moment I have plenty of games to preoccupy me until I play catch up. The only one that I really seem fixated on is The Force Unleashed Sith Edition. I saw it at Wal Mart and then it was gone when I came back on payday :( Not really sure why it was pulled, you would have thought they would have wanted it on the shelf up until the release of the new game :unsure: I'll eventually track it down though, like most things I collect .

Well today, I earned the "A monument for all of my sins" achievement, for beating Halo: Reach on legendary ALONE. It took me roughly about 15 hours, and I am proud of myself for reaching (lol) it finally. Now only 24 more days until CoD: Black Ops. Hell yes. :)

Great job man!! I'm going to try and tackle that myself soon. Are there any twists or is it just easier for you to die, like most games? I haven't heard a lot of chatter on Black Ops and haven't picked it up yet myself. I'm thinking maybe when all the hoopla dies down and I see some sales I'll definitely pick it up. Same with Force Unleashed II :)