UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Well, I had a fantastic weekend! Spent most of my time on Red Dead and then after Sunday on Galaxy 2. I actually took off yesterday from work just to game! (lame, I know)

So, Red Dead may very well by my favorite game of this gen, and one of my favorite games of all time. To be honest, I'm enjoying this game so much I'm thinking I may have to go back and play GTA later, lol. It's immersive to the point where I just like to ride around and look at the world. I spent an hour and half on Saturday just riding around shooting animals for skins and just seeing what I could find. I earned close to $800 by the time I was done......that's a lot of gutting, HA. Anyway, I am enjoying the game so much more than I originally thought was even possible. I decided to pick up this game over ModNation and I am SO SO SO SO SO very happy I did. I'm still excited about forming a Posse.....we'll get there!

As for the other side of my weekend, Galaxy 2 is also phenomenal! I will be honest, I never finished Galaxy 1. It was cool, but there was just something about it. The hub world set up (a little like Mario 64) was a mess. The Camera was not the best, and at times actually made me sick. I just loss interest real fast. I don't know why I even decided to give 2 a shot, but I did and it's been great. First, and more important, they have went back to an overworld type of Map (more like Mario 3, Mario World, and the recent New Super Mario Bros.). It is much easier to navigate and get into the action quick. They've done something with the camera, I'm not even sure what, but it's so much better than the first I can't even compare. And, more than anything, the game is so imaginative. The worlds are awesome and some of the ideas they come up with stump me. Just when you think they can't make it any better, they do. It's still Mario, it's a platformer, it's still basically just Run and Jump, but some of the puzzles and challenges are super cool and the worlds look GREAT, even in SD! My only complaint, if I can, is the difficulty level. I'm not a hardcore fan and I know that there are some stars that I won't get just because I refuse to spend hours trying to time my jumps perfectly. However, you can beat the game with a minimal number of stars so the difficulty doesn't hurt the average gamers but adds a lot of depth to the hardcore crowd that want 100%. I didn't think anything could take my time away from Red Dead, but Mario has been able to do that......some :D.

Anyway, I think I'm pretty set for a while. I'll be spending most of my time on these 2 games in the forseeable future, with nothing else on my radar until Madden in August. And with the harder stars in Mario and Multiplayer in Red Dead, I probably won't need anything else anyway! neo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey i know everyone here is all hung up on redead and mw2(and possibly modnation racers come tomorrow) but is anyone excited for little big planet 2 (cause i am) and so can anyone help me unlock EVERYTHING if you can help my username is undeadpool123

Did you mean in LBP1 or 2, because 2 doesn't come out until winter. Either way, I can probably help in some way.

PSN: drgnrbrn316

And yes, I'm excited about LBP2. I drove to all the Gamestops in Greenville to find the Game Informer magazine that had the first look at the game. I think the Sackbots are the big thing for me right now.

Ya I ment lbp 1 I'm trying to ace all levels before lbp2 comes out and I don't know if ill be on today(there's a massive blackout on my street but as soon as I get power back ill friend you)

P.s. I'm also SUPER THRILLED about the sacbots they look crazy awsome

Ya I ment lbp 1 I'm trying to ace all levels before lbp2 comes out and I don't know if ill be on today(there's a massive blackout on my street but as soon as I get power back ill friend you)

P.s. I'm also SUPER THRILLED about the sacbots they look crazy awsome

Its a lot easier to ace levels when playing by yourself, but anything else should be no sweat. Just friend me or I'll friend you and we'll see if we can get a party going.

Well I just finished the story in RDR. If anyone wants to talk about it, then you can do it over XBL or PM's, since I don't want to give any little bit of it away. And on a side note, if anyone wants to posse up in RDR throughout the next few months, hit me up on LIVE, my gamertag is: FEVERandCRYSIS.

you know what? I hate games. Seriously. I have never had n issue playing any xbox or NES or N64 games on my tv. 360 games? I can't even see the screen. They've designed everything so that you have to use a 50" widescreen HDTV, and that's just crappy. I'm burning my eyes out trying to read high-def text on my 17" lo-def TV. Thanks a lot, you futuristic technology obsessed game designers. Sadists...

Anyways, I got Red Dead Redemption yesterday. From what I can see it's pretty good, though I'm having to guess at all the controls. Apparently I'm a really good shot cause I keep nailing the little specks I can barely see.

I caved and bought red dead redemption. It's exactly what I heard and hoped it would be.

Today was the first day I was able to play for more than 10 minutes at a spell, and I'm loving it. However, I just spent about 30 minutes beating 3 guys at poker only to win $100 or so. WTF?? :lol:

I caved and bought red dead redemption. It's exactly what I heard and hoped it would be.

Today was the first day I was able to play for more than 10 minutes at a spell, and I'm loving it. However, I just spent about 30 minutes beating 3 guys at poker only to win $100 or so. WTF?? :lol:

I had a similar experience with a game of liar's dice.

I committed a pretty heinous act tonight. Wanted to buy a guy's property. He wanted $200, but I only had $180ish. So, I shot him and took the deed. I'm a bad, bad person :(

In defense of my actions, I tried to simply wound him until he would give it up. So, I shot him in the leg. But he just kept shooting, so I shot him in the leg again. Then, he was crawling around on the ground, but still shooting at me. So, I got close and aimed at his leg once more. But. . .alas, my guy put the rifle to his forehead and pulled the trigger :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

I've run across a few glitches--hat floating in air with a guy popping in and out of existence around it, neon green, pixelated cacti, etc. But nothing too dramatic. Ran across some cougars last night. Those are some vicious sonsabitches. Killed my horse asap, then killed me just as quickly.

I've run across a few glitches--hat floating in air with a guy popping in and out of existence around it, neon green, pixelated cacti, etc. But nothing too dramatic. Ran across some cougars last night. Those are some vicious sonsabitches. Killed my horse asap, then killed me just as quickly.

I wonder if the cougars are supposed to be so vicious? I found myself in a last stand against an army of them, and I haven't been able to force myself back into that area since.

Speaking of cougars and glitches, there's a video floating around where someone ran across a cougar with the sprite of a man. Creepy.

As far as my own glitch encounters, the only "major" one I've seen was when I once got off my horse to skin an armadillo and was unable to skin the animal or do anything else that required the triangle button (not sure what the Xbox equivalent of the triangle button is). I've also had the occasional graphics hiccup and once saw a preacher float a foot off the ground (in game equivalent of a foot, not real life foot). The piano player in Armadillo also has a tendency to stand on his stool, but I don't know if that's a glitch or intentional. And my horse tends to wander off, whether I hitch it or not, but he always comes back when I whistle, so its no biggie (unless I'm walking in cougar territory, in which case I want him as close by as possible).

Yeah, once I hitched my horse and talked to Irish. We were supposed to ride off after that. Irish's horse was tied where my horse was, and mine was nowhere to be seen. I whistle, and he comes galloping over from miles away. That damn horse never stays put.

Keep your eyes on Amazon, they regularly sell the 1-year memberships well below retail, I think it was on sale for $35 a few weeks ago, but looks like it is $40 now.

I can look through my games and see if I still have any free 1-month Gold trials when I get home from work.

Aw, I spent most of my nice holiday weekend collecting stars in Galaxy 2 and heads in Red Dead Redemption. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to follow the story progression. My brother is always in a hurry to beat the game. In open world games I like to take my time and check things out on a slower pace. I'm not even in Mexico yet, lol. But, I've several thousand dollars and have almost all of my skills at or close to rank 7 and have bought most of what is available in the game. Anyway, I am loving every minute of it.....seriously, so much so that while we were singing "God Bless America" this weekend and we got to the line that goes, "...From the Mountains to the Prairies..." I couldn't think of anything except Red Dead......that's sad, I know :).

I like the "Glich Stores" so I thought I'd share mine. I was chasing down a bounty either Thursday or Friday night. It was up on the Rockey, Mountain area just west of Armadillo. So, I took the bandits down, shot the mark in the leg and hog tied him. When he was hog tied, the animation put him against a rock so it looked like the was standing up hog tied. While that was funny enough I pressed "Y" to pick up the body. The animation completed with me lifting a body however the body was not there. My John was stuck in a "Carry" animation with no body. To make things worse, I couldn't put the No-Body on the horse or lay it back down, so I was stuck carrying this flippin body. Then, the calvary starts to come and take me down. Since I have a No-Body on my shoulder I can't get on my horse and I can't shoot anything buy my revolver. So, I take down the first 2 horsed men and then, because I can't think of anything else, I start to run back to Armadillo with the No-Body over my shoulder. Sure enough more guys come and I manage to kill them easily. At this point, from the map, I'm WAY away from Armadillo. Another wave comes and I kill 2 guys but then just say forget it, I'll take the death and do this over again. So, I just stand in the middle of the road with this dude on a horse, about 8 game feet in front of me, and this guy can't even SHOOT ME! So, I shoot the horse, thinking maybe he'll have better aim on solid ground. At this point the guy is about 10 feet directly in front of me and he can't shoot me to save his life. THEN, out of nowhere a flippin Cougar jumps in and mauls the bandit. I then, begin to run.....still carrying my No-Body, and the Cougar then knocks me down. LOW AND BEHOLD that stinkin Cougar was enough for my guy to drop the No-Body. I then get up and make short work of the Cougar. Head back to the mark, still standing up hog tied. SHOOT HIM DEAD, loot his body and then return to Armadillo for my lesser fee. It was, of of the funniest, most annoying things I've seen in a game period. Also, as a side note, my Wife and Mother-in-Law were both watching at this time and were in tears with my John running around in a carrying animation with nothing on his shoulder.......I wasn't as excited, lol.

neo

I think videogame developers have become extraordinarily lazy in the age of the downloadable update. Back in the NES days, a glitch lasted forever. Now, they get fixed whenever it is time for the next mandatory update, so no big whoop. Red Dead needed an update before it would even let me start playing on the release date.