UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

What is the deal with the player rating scheme on XBL? My rating says that 74% of people complained that I left a game early, but in all honesty, I am quite sure that I have only left games before they were over about 3 times in my life. Not just with a certain game, I mean all of them. Even if the doorbell rings or something like that happens, I leave my character logged in an fully vulnerable (still a rare occurence). I don't get it...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: I don't know Shane, my approval has gone in the pisser. Apparently mine is 67% avoid me, 50% of that say that I've left the game early and 33% like playing the game with me :blush: Like I said in an earlier post, I've only left for 2 reasons. 1: Host kept pausing the game to fix the outcome. 2: My son or wife needed my immediate attention. It's one of the reasons why I usually try to play at night, no distractions. Although I've been fortunate to be playing the beta throughout the day lately :P

I don't know much about Red Dead Redemption, but based on the commercial it appears to be a western-themed Grand Theft Auto-type game. If so, count me in.

It does look very much like it's going to be GTA but in wild west setting.

Go look on gametrailers.com, they have some video's, if you're not sold on the idea yet, you will be after watching the videos. Unless rockstar are hiding something that really screws it up then this is likely to be GOTY IMHO :)

T.

Well, I had a semi-meltdown last night. I was thinking about picking up my Pre-Order of 3D Dot Game Heroes today and was planning for the rest of my pre-orders. My problem, they are all coming out right now!! I completely forgot that I was not rich, lol. So, earlier this year I went and pre-ordered several games. And just realized they are all coming out within the next few weeks and I don't have the money to buy them all........

I have, 3D Dot Game, Mario Galaxy 2, Alan Wake, ModNation Racers, Prince of Persia: FS and Red Dead Redemption. Right now I can probably afford 3 of the 6, but I can't for the life of me decide which ones need to go.......AAAHHH. I've never had this issue in May before...ever.

Any advice?!

neo

Edited by neolego

Any advice?!

Forget the video games and buy a book or two ;)

I have plenty of "outside" interests.....however reading has never been one of them! I guess I get that from my father, Chuck Norris, though. See, he just stares at a book until he gets the information that he wants. :D

And Don, I wouldn't mind starving myself.......it's more my family I'm worried about ;). neo

Well, I had a semi-meltdown last night. I was thinking about picking up my Pre-Order of 3D Dot Game Heroes today and was planning for the rest of my pre-orders. My problem, they are all coming out right now!! I completely forgot that I was not rich, lol. So, earlier this year I went and pre-ordered several games. And just realized they are all coming out within the next few weeks and I don't have the money to buy them all........

I have, 3D Dot Game, Mario Galaxy 2, Alan Wake, ModNation Racers, Prince of Persia: FS and Red Dead Redemption. Right now I can probably afford 3 of the 6, but I can't for the life of me decide which ones need to go.......AAAHHH. I've never had this issue in May before...ever.

Any advice?!

neo

Of those I'd say you def should have Mario Galaxy 3, Red Dead Redemption (Although it will likely have swearing and all those things that stopped you from playing GTA4) and probably 3D dot game.

If you get the chance then I'd say Alan Wake is worth a rental, not so sure about the others.

As for money I'd say sell your family, it solves both problems in one easy swoop :)

T.

Oh and for those looking for a deal on Red Dead Redemption... Amazon are currently offering a $20 gift card if you preorder from them... Just don't forget to use the link above to go there to help out MMV.\

T.

I usually like to read the reviews before picking a game up, but getting that game, essentially for $40 with free shipping, and helping the MMMV out in the process. . .tempting.

I usually like to read the reviews before picking a game up, but getting that game, essentially for $40 with free shipping, and helping the MMMV out in the process. . .tempting.

Hey KMZ are you a PS3 or 360 player?

If you're 360 and you pick this one up you can join the posse with me, Shane and the guys?

(Come on how can you resist playing in the wild west with a guy called Shane... ).

T.

I'm going to be coy and not sugar coat the fact that I'm mainly looking for a summer job so I can buy Red Dead Redemption when it comes out. I've wanted a GTA-style Western game ever since GTA 3 popularized the sandbox game and since it's released early in the summer, I'm going to have alot of time to explore every detail of the game. Which is going to be no small feat since I heard that the game is twice the size of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which is a game I spent well over a year exploring on my free time.

Yes I will enjoy the summer and go to the beach with my friends and go to barbecues and all that, but when I'm home and I have the free time, I'm going to be blasting "Ecstasy of Gold" and playing Red Dead Redemption.

Unless it gets like a 9% on Metacritic.

I downloaded the modnation racers psp demo about an hour ago,and i have to say its really limited.i seen all of the ps3 beta track creator vids on youtube and it looked very fun and it also looked like it had tons of replay value.but then i download the psp demo and all you can really do is lay a track right on the ground,put a couple props,paint the floor,and make mountains and lakes.it was still fun but i wish that there was the ability to "raise" the track.but hey as long as i was able to make a beach in a swampy area,i'm kinda happy happy i downloaded the demo

Edited by darkredshdow

Yeah, I've heard ModNation is just so-so for the PSP, but man I can't wait for that game on the PS3!

As for Red Dead, I'm really tempted. TBT, since I don't want to have to do anymore research, can you explain this "Posse" to me? Is it like Multiplayer Co-Op? and How Many Players? That may be the final nail in the coffin. neo

Alright guys. I bought the damn Red Dead game for the 360, and I'm pretty sure that I have a monthly Live card around here somewhere. So let me know how this posse thing is supposed to work at some point, and I'll try to join in. I've even got a headset for my 360 somewhere. . .just need to find it. Probably need to find my 360 first, though :confused:

In the meantime, I'm gonna watch me "Unforgiven" in preparation.

Still playing the Halo beta, but might switch back to Lego Batman or something else soon. Something I have been enjoying is the option to boot a member who time after time betrays you on it. I'm not sure if it's a newbie thing, they don't know we're on the same team or what, but I've had a few of those lately. I've played the invasion and other one's they've offered, but I think I do better in the slayer and free for all. I don't know if it's because of my lack of playing well with others or just not getting a good group to play team ups with though?

So let me know how this posse thing is supposed to work at some point, and I'll try to join in.

Bueller? Bueller?

I got this game tonight and played it for about 30 minutes. Graphics are magnificent. The GTA-type control scheme seems a bit dated and could be more responsive, but still seems to work pretty well. I hope I'll have some time to play this over the weekend.

So let me know how this posse thing is supposed to work at some point, and I'll try to join in.

Bueller? Bueller?

I got this game tonight and played it for about 30 minutes. Graphics are magnificent. The GTA-type control scheme seems a bit dated and could be more responsive, but still seems to work pretty well. I hope I'll have some time to play this over the weekend.

Let me know when you are on and your Live username & we can go from there :)

T.