What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Super Mario Crossover is the best game ever made. Ever.

Go play it. Right now. I don't care if you're at work, just do it.

I've been playing this during my off time during finals week, I never thought I could be addicted to a NewGrounds game more than Megaman vs. Ghosts and Goblins, but then this magnificent beast came along.

Dang that really was one of the best things ever. I have to say I love Samus for this. Link's a little harder to work with.

So is Nestle' & JMW326 the only one's who's played the Beta of Halo Reach? Server was down the last time I checked, so I'll either try later tonight or later when things calm down a bit.

I've been playing this during my off time during finals week, I never thought I could be addicted to a NewGrounds game more than Megaman vs. Ghosts and Goblins, but then this magnificent beast came along.

Dang that really was one of the best things ever. I have to say I love Samus for this. Link's a little harder to work with.

Funny, I'm actually really good with Bill R. and Mega Man, and I've been trying to get good with Simon but he wasn't really built for the game (although his ax and whip when maxed out are devastating). I should play with Samus and Link more though.

Funny, I'm actually really good with Bill R. and Mega Man, and I've been trying to get good with Simon but he wasn't really built for the game (although his ax and whip when maxed out are devastating). I should play with Samus and Link more though.

After more playing Bill really kicks ass! I mean, him and Mario combined can take care of 90% of situations.

After more playing Bill really kicks ass! I mean, him and Mario combined can take care of 90% of situations.

Yeah, once you get used to platforming with him he's great, maxed out he's just a force of destruction and firing at different angles really gives him a great advantage.

Did anyone catch this: http://kotaku.com/5529811/super-mario-cros...ll+%28Kotaku%29

Interesting about who got caught, I was actually really surprised he didn't consider Arthur from Ghosts and Goblin's as a character.

So, I did try out the beta for a few hours last night. I have to say overall I'm impressed. Multiplayer is never my draw to the game, I'm more of a single player guy. However, the graphics were noticibly better and the weapon loadouts were fantastic, much improved over picking up items. It's still taking me time to get used to RB melee, but I think it works. Overall I have enjoyed my time even though I'm constantly reminded that I'm just not that good, lol. neo

Interesting about who got caught, I was actually really surprised he didn't consider Arthur from Ghosts and Goblin's as a character.

Arthur, Hayabusa, Bionic Commando, and Blaster Master tank are all cool, but none are as iconic as the ones he ultimately chose. Would have been really cool if you could grapple onto platforms with Bionic Commando's, er, grapple-arm-thing.

Also, I think Link should up-size to Zelda 2 Link with a mushroom.

I've spent some 1 on 1 time with Reach, but before I talk about it I'm going to talk a little about The "New" Halo experience. For those of you who haven't been paying attention Reach is a completly different animal than Halo 2 or 3.

It's almost like a "what if." The game itself has been reinvented and is barely recognizable compared to it's predecessors. That said, I know I've tried to sell Halo to people who haven't liked it before so I'm not doing that.

It's the reviews that major websites are writing that are interesting:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087506p1.html

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3178...mp;sec=PREVIEWS

For those of you sitting down with the beta today don't expect to stumble accross most of the changes that make Reach epic. While "loadouts" are a big change. (They allow you to choose a special ability that your spartan can use on the battlefield like invisbility or a jetpack) gametypes like invasion and reactor defense won't land until later in the week.

The servers ARE fixed, so you shouldn't have problems playing now. Alright, onto my opinion:

It's good. It's not phenomenal, but it's good. Don't get me wrong, I'll LOVE this game when it lands, but this is just a beta. Don't have your hopes so high it can't live up to them. There are only 2 maps (2 others land later in the week) and half a dozen gametypes. You'll play through most it (currently) has to offer in a couple days, which is why they're adding more over the span of the beta.

I LOVE Armor lock. Turning yourself into a statue just doesn't get old.

Anyways, I'll just keep rambling, but here's the lowdown:

If you have ODST play it... It's free.

If you don't, hold off and buy the game when it lands in the fall. Reach has enough ingredients from other popular shooters mixed in that it might sell even the hardest halo-haters on it.

It'll be epic.

It's funny really, I thought I would be totally sucked in by Reach, but I'm suprisingly not. In fact, I picked up a cheap used copy of Uncharted (the first one) and have started playing it a few days ago. I found myself last night playing through that for several hours and never even turned Reach on once. Guess I really am switching sides, lol. Uncharted is really an amazing game, I can't believe I've missed it this much. Next on my list is InFamous, but I'm all about immersing myself in one game at a time :). neo

Yeah, it is. I'm halfway through Uncharted and I'm really loving it. I love Drake and the game is fun and beautiful. I mentioned InFamous because I don't want to get burned out on Uncharted. I'll probably take a break once I beat the first one and then come back and play 2. I have heard it's one of the best games of this generation though so I can't wait!

On another note, has anyone played the new Iron Man game? I honestly wanted to love the first game because I love Iron Man, but the first game was not very good at all. I'm interested in the new game......but I'm still waiting until I hear more. The silence from websites and review sites is never a good thing!

neo

On another note, has anyone played the new Iron Man game? I honestly wanted to love the first game because I love Iron Man, but the first game was not very good at all. I'm interested in the new game......but I'm still waiting until I hear more. The silence from websites and review sites is never a good thing!

neo

I really wanted this one to be good but... From the little I've played it's horrible.... Probably worse than the first.

My advice would be to wait until it hits the $9 bargain bin ;)

T.

Can anyone recommend a "pick up and play" cheaper DS game that's widely available? I just beat Elite Beat Agents, so I'm looking for another game like that. I want to play Scribblenauts, but can't seem to find it anymore....

Pokemon ^_^ *shot

If you're not the pokemon kind of guy, The World Ends with You is apparently really good, and I was always a sucker for New Super Mario Bros.

Now onto something completely different;

With the announcement of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I went and bought MvC2 for PS3. Can't... stop... playing...

Been playing the Halo beta and enjoying it for the most part. Like Neo, I'm still trying to get used to the melee on the rb function instead of the usual b button. I basically get killed everytime I forget this and have much room for improvement. Luckily the beta hopefully prepares me for this by the time the game hits :lol: I'm taking a break from the GOW2 multi. Since someone basically complained about me leaving the game early. The only times I remember doing this is when some frackoff kept pausing the game every 15 seconds or I've had to get offline. Kind of ticks me off considering I'm not one of those guys who leaves the game and desert my team intentionally :rolleyes:

Been playing the Halo beta and enjoying it for the most part. Like Neo, I'm still trying to get used to the melee on the rb function instead of the usual b button. I basically get killed everytime I forget this and have much room for improvement. Luckily the beta hopefully prepares me for this by the time the game hits :lol: I'm taking a break from the GOW2 multi. Since someone basically complained about me leaving the game early. The only times I remember doing this is when some frackoff kept pausing the game every 15 seconds or I've had to get offline. Kind of ticks me off considering I'm not one of those guys who leaves the game and desert my team intentionally :rolleyes:

That's how I feel about. Make all thr mistakes and goof off all you want now since it won't effect your pofile when the game hits.

For those who care, Invasion will start in the beta tomorrow. It's what I'm most excited to try.

Sadly Nestle', I think it's the Gear players and not the Beta players that complained. I pretty much play that until there's a break. Hoping to get my 3rd stripe today, something I never accomplished when I was in the actual Army :pinch:

Just preorderd Modnation racers for PSP at EBGAMES{GameStop}Hopefully I get the kratos even tho it is the psp version,I WANT MY KRATOS!I am gonna preorder transformers war for cybertron for ps3 at walmart once they say who the exclusive is,Currently I have been playing a lot of playstation home,because I recently bought the loco island and I need to keep my loco's happy :P

P.S:Did anyone play the ModNation Racers demo yet for the psp?I know the demo comes out pubicly tommorow but for those who played it{By getting the email by sony for the code b/c of having Qore}I want to know your thoughts.

P.S:Did anyone play the ModNation Racers demo yet for the psp?I know the demo comes out pubicly tommorow but for those who played it{By getting the email by sony for the code b/c of having Qore}I want to know your thoughts.

It was alright. I've never been big on the kart games, but I had fun. There was only one track to play on and the editing was kinda limited for the create portion, but that was mostly just because it was a demo.

As far as the game itself, it was like Mario Kart meets Little Big Planet. Pretty fun.

Oh, and I don't have Qore, so I'm not sure why they sent me a code.

Yes, ModNation Racers. I can't wait. I have it pre-ordered and paid for on the PS3 and I can't wait to pick it up!

Also, wanted to mention that 3D Dot Game Heroes drops today. I'm picking it up after work. I will have to squeeze some play time in before and after tonight's LOST!!

As for Pre-Order, right now I have ModNation (PS3), War for Cybertron (360), Madden (360), and Halo Reach (360) reserved. Of course, I'll reserve the new Zelda as soon as they announce it at E3, and Fable III. That is about all I'm really into so far this year. However, I am keeping a close eye on Red Dead Redemption......that may move into the must buy list!

neo

I'm still that guy playing Modern Warfare 2. I don't care for the new maps, but it is fun to play Crash and Overgrown again. Really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption.

I see Wallbreaker every now and then. We should get up a MMV lobby and play silly stuff like Riot Shield only games. :P

I'm still that guy playing Modern Warfare 2. I don't care for the new maps, but it is fun to play Crash and Overgrown again. Really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption.

I see Wallbreaker every now and then. We should get up a MMV lobby and play silly stuff like Riot Shield only games. :P

MW2 kind of fell off my playlist when I got BFBC2 and it's only been back in the xbox when I had my nephews here demanding to play it.

Pretty sure there are enough of us out there with MW2 to get a fun lobby going sometime though...

Like Shane I'd say top of my incoming list is Red Dead Redemption, it just looks so cool! and the multiplayer looks a blast!

T.