UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Well, we finally took the plunge and picked up a PS3 this last week.

We've been playing Fat Princess, Ratchet & Clank and Little Big Planet.

Early thoughts about the system:

I like the controllers a lot more than I expected. I wish they were heavier, but I've loved the triggers since the first day I played a PS3.

The picture is really crisp. Blu-Ray sure is nice.

The Browser blows. Compared to the 360's dashboard it's STUPID hard to navigate.

What the hell is up with "installing" things!?!?! WHY!?!?!

Also, loading times seem pretty brutal compared to 360. Is this just the games I've been playing?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been playing Arkham Asylum and restarted from the beginning yesterday. I was realizing that I was missing a few things along the way and kind of rushing through. The graphics are awesome and I would love to see figures of these made. It's nice having the original voices doing the characters.

I've been playing Arkham Asylum and restarted from the beginning yesterday. I was realizing that I was missing a few things along the way and kind of rushing through. The graphics are awesome and I would love to see figures of these made. It's nice having the original voices doing the characters.

You do know you can go back and revisit areas and find things that you missed before, don't you? Unless you were talking atmosphere, in which case it might be better to just start over. There's a few areas that are altered as the game progresses, so future visits may be a little different.

And considering most of my knowledge of Batman comes from the 90s cartoon, I share the sentiment that it was nice getting a chunk of the cast back.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Call of Duty 4 on Black Friday and finally played it a bit today. Very nice game! Definitely feels like an improvement over the previous Call of Duty games. And what's the only thing better than killing a Ratzi? Killing a damn terrorist! Woohoo!

I agree with Karamazov, nothing like watching an episode of 24, getting hopped up on Monsters and playing MW2 all night long :D.

However, I am still addicted to Assassin's Creed. I'm on Memory Block 5, 2 more kills left. This game has suprisingly took my off guard and has took over my gaming life. I can't believe I passed on this the first time. Not again, Assassin's Creed is currently sitting under my tree waiting for Friday. 4 days left to beat the first game so I probably won't be playing much else till after Christmas!

neo

Yeah, I'm still playing Arkham Asylum, but should be wrapping that up soon. I feel bad, Doc wanted to play a game the other day and I felt like I blew him off. I'm kind of new to this Live thing and a little on my time, unless you want to play in the middle of the night. What hasn't been spent on the plumbing or Lex has been me trying to get through that game. Would love to play a round, once everything else slows down.

Edited by The_Donster

Got a PS3 a month ago.

Rock Band 2. I'm building my library. In addition to the 83 songs it comes with, I transferred 50 of the Rock Band 1 songs, redeemed the 20 free songs that comes with RB2 (look on the back of your instruction manual), and I budget myself to download $20 in songs every paycheck (I have about 35 so far).

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It is one of the most fun games I've ever played. If the movie had been half as violent, it might not have sucked as much as it did.

Star Wars: Force Unleashed. I read the graphic novel first (I didn't have a platform for the game yet), so the story's a little dragging having to do it myself. :lol:

Assassin's Creed. Loved it when I played it on my friend's X-Box. Love it on my own system.

Ghostbusters. Just got it last night for a Christmas present. Played up until Stay Puft. Probably gonna do more tonight.

My friend was having problems with his Dragon's Age: Origins playing on his system, so he let me borrow it to see if it worked on mine. It did, and I've played a little of it. Wasn't an RPG fan before the game, still am not afterwards.

Still haven't played Lost: Via Domus (on my own system) or Mirror's Edge (ever) since I bought them. Probably should get on that.

Edited by TENIME_art

Oblivion has re-upped its claim on my life once more. At least until Christmas it has. Then I think I'm joining Neo in the Assasin's Creed world. Or I'll be coming right after him in that world.

I also reopened my Conduit save to kick some alien ass again.

I celebrated Christmas with my side of the family this past weekend and got Little Big Planet: Game of the Year Edition. I can't wait to play it. I've heard there are TONS of user-created levels online.

Close to 2 million levels, last I heard. GotY comes with the Metal Gear add-on, which is fun and adds paintball guns to the game. They just released the Pirates of the Caribbean pack which adds water to the game. Pretty fun if you've got any extra bucks stashed away in the PSN store.

I beat COD 4 last night. Very fun game, but like its predecessors, a pretty short campaign after all is said and done. Felt a bit sad at the ending, though.

Poor British mustache guy

:(

I don't even bother with the online multiplayer, though I know that is the bread and butter of shooter games nowadays. Will probably try to re-sell this one now and get some of my money back for Minimates.

That's Captain Price MUTT FACE :P Is that the 1st or 2nd one Karamazov? I'm thinking it's the 1st, so I'd recommend playing the second one. It is SWEET :)

Didn't have a huge Video game Christmas, but I got a few things. First off I got a new White DSi and Zelda: Spirit Tracks. I also got a White PSPGo and $40 worth of PSN money. I also got $40 MS Points and $30 iTunes credit. So far I've bought Peggle and Pro Basebase 2010 for the iPhone. As for games themselves, I got the first Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed 2, but those should be lasting me for a while. Shoot, I still have two assassinations left in Assassin's Creed before I can even start 2. And don't get me started on Ultimate Alliance 2 that just keeps getting neglected thanks to my addiction to Assassin's Creed.

Also, on a side note, I rented King Kong for the Gamerscore and beat that over the holiday.

neo

Still stumbling through BAA looking for one of the hidden trophies that doesn't show up on the map. It's somewhere in the caves and I'm hoping it's not in Croc's lair or the part of the Batcave blocked off <_< I'm also trying to stumble my way through a couple of the challenges. I get just about there and someone sucker punches me.... :angry: I'm considering starting Rainbow Six 2 or Halo ODST next and then go onto Lego Batman.

Neolego, if that's not a huge video game Christmas, I would hate to see what is! I got Super Mario Bros. Wii. About as frustrating as the original, and though it pisses me off when I'm playing, I keep wanting to turn it back on to give it another shot. Funny how something so simple (at its core--go right, sometimes run, jump, shoot fireballs) still holds up as one of the funnest types of games ever made.