What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the 360 Turtle and agree, it can be a bit loud. On some of the games I even get a rattling like noise when it's booting the game. Still I like it, but have been tempted to get the PS3 Slim. With the built in wireless and blu-ray player it seems like a win-win. My only hesitation is I don't have a HD tv yet and don't like knowing I'll be starting over again with some games :confused:

Poor Fearful...

Asking a simple question and all he gets are people's jaded views on other systems.

Allow me to step in and do the same but straighten everything out.

360 OVERALL is a better console. In my opinion it trumps the other two quite easily.

That said if you are talking about not going online... Well, get a PS3.

The PS3 is a great console and has a lot to offer.

Poor Fearful...

Asking a simple question and all he gets are people's jaded views on other systems.

Allow me to step in and do the same but straighten everything out.

360 OVERALL is a better console. In my opinion it trumps the other two quite easily.

That said if you are talking about not going online... Well, get a PS3.

The PS3 is a great console and has a lot to offer.

It's OK, if I asked the question elsewhere it would be chaos.

In all honesty I'm probably gonna get a PS3.

Thanks for the advice everybody!

I love my 360. My brother bought a PS3 and was trying to tell me how much better it was than my Xbox360. The only plus thing that the PS3 has is that you can play blu ray movies. That doesn't bother me though because I have no interest in getting any movies on blu ray. It took my brother about a month before getting bored with his PS3. I have had an Xbox360 since launch and play it almost daily. If you aren't looking to start buying blu ray dvds, I suggest getting an xbox360. You won't regret it. There are so many fantastic games for it (other than the overrated Halo games).

Also, paying to play on Xbox live isn't a big deal. $50 for a year of the best online service is worth it to me. Oh yeah, and to get things back on track, I have been playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 again after not playing it for about three months. I forgot how much fun, and how frustrating it can be at times. Also I have been playing Far Cry 2 quite a bit again recently.

I never did pick up a bundle or Rock Band 2 though. I'm jonesin' for some drums, but I HATE the Rock Band guitars. In the event that I splurge and buy a bundle, anyone need another RB2 guitar?

Really? I kind of like it compared to the GH3 guitar (not sure if they're different than other GH guitars, since there are so many of them) Guess it all boils down to personal preference.

I am still slugging away at COD4 on XBox360. If you see me online, come take a shot at me. My user id is Boba Dadd.

I'm getting kinda tired of shooting TBT! & Wallbreaker 2.0... :P

Well I tested my 360 to the extreme yesterday. I dropped it. While switching out which 360 I had upstairs I knocked one of the shelf. As it bounced on our laminant floors discarding pieces here and there I gasped knowing I didn't have warranty on either of my machines anymore.

While the hard drive flew off and the wireless receiver partially broke teh machine still works great!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Red faction: guerilla and having a blast with it ( I picked iut up cheap for $20) and also some online CoD4 with Shane ( hey Shane get out of that corner!!!) and cant wait for MW2

What I came here to post though was that the Sony Style store have the 80gb PS3 for a mere $250 which is crazy cheap IMO... sadlyI cant buy one right now but considering how much the prices have dropped it's going o be hard to justify not owning both 360 and ps3 for much longer!

T.

I restarted an oldie but a goodie:

Spyro 2: Rypto's Rage. I love the first three Spyro games and honestly It's hard to decide between them which is the best. Spyro 1 is obviously the toughest of the three due to the difficulty of finding the freakin' dragons... But it's also the most satisfying. And it's the original. The second has the best story... The third wins at bosses and... Well... Nothing else.

But yeah, I restarted Spyro 2.

I absolutely LOVE the early Spyro games, playing the original trilogy and Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 were some of my fondest childhood memories.

I haven't been doing alot of gaming lately since I left my 360 at home while I'm at college, but when I'm home I've been playing alot of Dead Rising (seeing Zombieland helped) and I've got the itch to replay Bioshock next time I'm back there. Other than that I've been playing through Fallout 1 on my laptop (I bought the Fallout collection that has the first 2 games and Tactics), which I've been enjoying.

On my 360 I've been switching between Fallout 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Fable 2, and Call of Duty 4

I've been playing Pokemon Platinum on my DS (Don't judge me, I gotta catch em' all)

And on my PSP I've been switching between Metal Slug Anthology, and My favorite game of all time (Well the original, since this is technicaly a port with added content, but I digress) Final Fantasy Tactics.

I also have my PSP and DS in my "to-go" bag for the hospital. (My son was due yesterday, but he doesn't feel like arriving just yet).

Edited by Docholliday666

I've been playing Battlefield 1943 and loving it. It is new, only $14.99 and downloadable only for PS3 and XBOX 360. The demo is free so download it and check it out.

No lag, 24 players, and the environment is fully destructable. It is my perfect type of shooter game. You can drive tanks, fly planes, pilot boats, and call air raids. The PC version is coming soon and will support 32 players.

I need to figure out how to do the whole headphones, microphone thing because the game supports squad tactics.

Three character classes, three maps, and loads a fun. More is not always better. In fact, Battlefield 1943 shows that a focus on game design and playability results in huge fun for bargain basement price. This game is tight.

Link

Edited by Jatta Pake

I've been playing Battlefield 1943 and loving it. It is new, only $14.99 and downloadable only for PS3 and XBOX 360. The demo is free so download it and check it out.

No lag, 24 players, and the environment is fully destructable. It is my perfect type of shooter game. You can drive tanks, fly planes, pilot boats, and call air raids. The PC version is coming soon and will support 32 players.

I need to figure out how to do the whole headphones, microphone thing because the game supports squad tactics.

Three character classes, three maps, and loads a fun. More is not always better. In fact, Battlefield 1943 shows that a focus on game design and playability results in huge fun for bargain basement price. This game is tight.

Link

I played this a LOT for 2-3 months when it was first released and you are right it is a lot of fun, my only complaint is that having just 3 maps gets old and repetitive eventually... so I went back to CoD4 like an addict to the crack house!

T.

While I have the Batman AA, Lego Batman and the new Halo game I haven't played them. Right now I'm obsessed with getting a complete stealth in all of the Splinter Cell: Double Agent game. Unfortunately I have a few missions that are just frustrating me. One of them is Mission 4: The Sea of Okhotsk, where they keep discovering 2 bodies that are keeping me from getting 100%. Problem is, I can never figure out where they are discovering the bodies. I've even gone so far as to look at this on Youtube hoping to find answers. Oh well, I'll eventually catch up on some games.

While I have the Batman AA, Lego Batman and the new Halo game I haven't played them. Right now I'm obsessed with getting a complete stealth in all of the Splinter Cell: Double Agent game. Unfortunately I have a few missions that are just frustrating me. One of them is Mission 4: The Sea of Okhotsk, where they keep discovering 2 bodies that are keeping me from getting 100%. Problem is, I can never figure out where they are discovering the bodies. I've even gone so far as to look at this on Youtube hoping to find answers. Oh well, I'll eventually catch up on some games.

Hey Don, feel free to send Batman AA my way so I can test the disk works fine for you before you get around to it, should take me less than a month as MW2 is coming! ;)

Funny you should mention SC:DA as I just picked a copy up from ebay for $5, Havent had a chance to crack it out yet though!

Having played previous SC games, perhaps the answer is not to hide bodies but to sneak past without killing those guys?

T.

Yeah, I'm going to give that a shot this next time, but it isn't easy, even on the easy setting :P There are only a few that I can't get the 100% stealth on, but that one seems the hardest.